Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:09 pm
While weapon stores do exist, no student or any PC characters will be allowed to purchase weapons yet. Weapons are something that will or will NOT be implemented later on down the line. For now, Reapers may assume that their parents/guardians gave them their weapons, or that they earned them somehow (Reaper admin, feel free to correct me/make up some shop lore on this).

Currently there isn't any sort of special ages to be celebrated, given how many species can live on for ages and ages or turn undead. :3 It's fine to assume that they're human-like and go through puberty/whatnot. Please keep the details to the minimal about that special time when RPing, though.

As far as a market goes: yes. There is a mall, and during celebrations tent-stalls and festivals DO pop up and offer their wares ala medieval style.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:13 pm
Okay, thanks! I was wondering because I was asked a question along the lines of "how did she get her weapon and what is her history with it" so I assumed it was possibly a required story with a reaper or something. eue;;

I definitely will not be talking about puberty or anything, was just trying to figure out how/when they got their weapons. Thanks again!  

S a l l y S h e e p

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:31 pm
I got another Reaper question: does a reaper ALWAYS have to have a scythe, or is there room for variation in their weapon?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:39 pm
Sally: Far as I know there are no requirements behind the weapon's story, though I if you like like I'm sure you can make up one and Sherlock or I can look over it to make sure it's all kosher.

Mouse Pachinkorelli: No it is allowed that the weapon can be something other then a scythe. The basic idea behind the weapon is that it's their reaping item so it could be a sword, or even possibly a gun, though I'd have to double check that sherlock and liz

Strait Jacket Girl

Eranas

Eloquent Pusher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:14 pm

About Nergals, what exactly would one classify a nergal?
Liek the ones form Billy and Mandy?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:54 pm
I had a similar question.

What about a Nekomata? I thought Monster at first, but then, the actual description of them in most sources is a cat that has grown so old that it has become a demon...

So Monster or Demon in that case?

I'm starting to think it sounds more like it leans towards Demon, but wanted to check with staff to be sure. ^_^  

Teigra

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:42 pm

How many subclasses are there for "Reaper"? I know monsters have a lot of subclasses and such. I mean, my character definitely isn't a witch but I don't want to be looked at like a derp for just calling her a reaper. Since many characters have their own unique subclass in different species. gonk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 pm
Were currently sort the reapers out

Strait Jacket Girl

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:37 pm
Souru
But can we have on-the-side, natural abilities?

Yes, these are monsters and supernatural creatures, BUT:

- they will be stunted/nerfed/decidedly unimpressive
- they cannot be used in battle
- you need to post any of these abilities in your quest thread, so that they can get approved
- if we feel you're making your character too OP, we will likely not approve them, no matter what wiki may say

x_Nata_x
Question! Mini-pets... it says in the thread that they are rpable. Are you allowed to rp them without an actually character in the shop? I'm going to assume no, considering that would OVERRUN EVERYTHING with mini-pets, but I figured I'd ask just in case anyone else wondered :3

RP-wise, think of them as pet-pets for now, and thus not for in-guild RP. If you want to RP them informally in-shop, that is, of course, completely fine. If there's enough demand for purely mini-pet RP, we can probably work something out. If someone with a student want an RP with someone's clickable, just shoot me a PM and I'll see about getting some small guidelines in place for such. KK?

@Sally: right now the majority of reaper subclasses are of the magic user variety (witches, warlocks, etc.) So far the thing that makes it reaper unique (imo) is their weapons, because as said, they are NOT limited to the regular scythe.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:48 pm
@Lizbot- Maru has also stated that a Natural Ability can be used as FEAR, but you say can't. I assume you mean about powerful natural abilities like shooting lasers, which my character does not. so I will ask this to clarify:

The Xiezhi can sense how good or bad a person is, and that's it for that, according to several resources. My Xiezhi uses this as FEAR by using either the good or bad to fuel him in two different ways.

This is okay?

Souru

Questionable Shapeshifter

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:00 pm
Liz might mean natural abilities on top of fear ability. o3o

[Edit] Like.. Homgthingmonster's fear is to grow super big, thick, sharp claws and lash with them but their "natural ability" is to spit fire and turn invisible. That's over the line, correct? XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 pm
Eranas

About Nergals, what exactly would one classify a nergal?
Liek the ones form Billy and Mandy?

^ I kind of borrowed the concept from them, they are classified as 'demons' atm, but I believe if you're staring at the one from the flatsale, is a more 'parasitic' demon, though I'm sure some of them are more pure in form.

If anyone else is being confused with species and where they would go, the species information thread has quite the hefty bit of information to help you guys out. New additions to species can always be added as seen fit wink  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:27 pm
Let me explain this! : D

In this shop, there are TWO types of abilities: your character's FEAR power, and your character's natural abilities.

FEAR: This is a power unique to your character and your character alone. It's one of the things that makes them special and stand out from the crowd! It's the neat trick that only they can do. This is used in battle.

Natural Abilities: These are things your character's race (or class, in the case of Reapers) can do. You can do it, your best friend can do it, your twin can do it. All were-creatures can turn into their animal self. All Xiezhi can sense how good or bad a person is. This ability can not be used in battle UNLESS you make ONE of their abilities their FEAR.

In your boy's case, let me go pull it up.
Quote:

The Xiezhi, although Monsters, are warriors at heart and they hold a code amongst themselves that others might not understand. They will mostly go after hardened criminals or murderers, of which they are always fully able to scare...and god is it enjoyable to scare those who thought themselves the worse thing on the block. They will not try to harm or scare Saints or those so pure-hearted, however in the age of today...who is like that anymore?
---
Tokuri's FEAR, an ability he aptly names 'Judgement', works in two ways depending on the character of the target and how much 'darkness' or 'light' they have in their heart. Should the enemy have more bad than good, then Tokuri's physical prowess( As in his speed and muscle strength ) will increase even more; defense will weaken. Should it be the opposite, then his defense( Being his tough skin/scales turning even harder ) is heightened; like they say, a good offense is a greater defense, since his strength and speed will weaken.

For your case, all Xiezhi can "see" how good/bad a person is. However, ONLY Tokuri can use the amount of good/bad to strengthen him. Another Xiezhi could use the amount of good/bad to either heal or hurt someone, while a third Xiezhi could take that amount and reverse it, making them either more bad/good depending on the amount.

If you're uncomfortable with me using you as an example, please let me know. <3 Also, As a note for the battle system, it would be best to start thinking about HOW will you tell how "good" or "bad" another character is. When you obtain him, I will need to discuss this with you in order to make it work with the battle system. :3

@ Sally -> We are currently working on a system for natural abilities. We the staff will work natural abilities and FEAR abilities with players to help in keeping things balanced.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:48 pm
[- stamps a 'thumbs-up' -] 8'D

And I are too lazy to read tiny print >8[
....[- reads it anyway -]

Got'cha~

Souru

Questionable Shapeshifter

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

XxEternal MelodyxX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:55 am
Hmm, I have a question about the ghost race. o.o
Is it assumed that the students who are ghosts at one point used to be human and died and ended up in Halloween Town or have they always been ghosts? @ 3@;;

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff