Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Sea Magick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oceantail

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:21 pm
I want to know more about it, I have always felt a particularly strong connection with the water what I have been able to find is on the following websites: Sea witch network The mystica Sea witches I want to know what if anything else is out there. I found a lot of blogs out there but not much in the way of info, and since the second site uses the first as its source, I don't know how reliable it is. Thank you for your time
~Oceantail  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 pm
Explain.  

The Red Sorcerer

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:46 pm
It looks like something someone came up with to make them sound extra special. As you said the one is more or less taken directly from the other, and then the reference one is a direct quote of the wiki page as well, so I'd guess they are all connected (or were written up by the same person). You'll also notice that under the "Further Reading" link - none of the books listed have anything specifically to do with "Sea" witchcraft, except for a couple of fiction books that are listed.

If you are interested in working particularly with water - you'd do better to study the moon phases, tides, and myths/lore associated with the water or oceans. For anyone that is even considering messing around with weather magic, I'd actually recommend getting a degree in Meteorology and/or Climatology, so that one has a very good understanding of the patterns and forces one is attempting to mess around with.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:50 pm
its a trick, realy? gonk This is to be expected, though I understand the rule silence and that secrets need to be protected, but it means a lot of the stuff out there is totally invalid. sweatdrop  

oceantail

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:09 am
It it not necessarily a "trick". To that person it is their faith, and real to them. It may be based on other information, and not be considered a legitimate religion, but that does not really matter. Remember that there are many religions out there that are new, and borrowed, many that you will not feel a calling from, take from it what you can and disregard the rest. There is no real right or wrong. All religion started as one persons practice, not a huge group.  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games