Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!
June 2010

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:10 am
User Image

Blessed_Scribe
We are in need of writers for the following sections:
Abilities, Advanced Practitioners, Animal Totems, Astral Projection, Astrology, Author of the Month, Beginner's Section, Comics, Current Affairs, Divination, Elements, Gods & Goddesses, Herb Garden and Meditation

If you're interested, please head on over to this thread to pick up the application. Once you've filled it out, please send it to Blessed_Scribe.

It's a paying job (Gaia gold only), so it's well worth it! biggrin

Blessed_Scribe
If you've enjoyed this issue of the newsletter, or have any suggestions, please feel free to post some feedback!

Table of Contents:
- Introduction
- Guild Happenings
- Member's Section
- Book Review
- Kitchen Witches
- Pagan Humor
- Pagan Music
- Spells
- Classified Ads
- Game Room  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 am
User Image

- Our 4th anniversary finished on the 30th April! Thanks to everybody who came along to celebrate with us! We gave away 140,100 in gold, 397,188 in items (according to market prices in April) and in total that made a whopping 537,288!

- We also celebrated Beltane/Samhain!  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 am
User Image

Please welcome our new members!

wiccanwitch823, Distorted_Image, Pandora cheshire, Nicole Gates, Calelith, Moonchild Hachi, II Rin Uchiha II, II Rayaii Uchiha II, Crimen Lacrima, Marie Bellamy

Please wish these members a happy birthday for the months of June and July!

June 3rd - - blackfadedvelvet
June 4th - - torak317 and Kadaj Ishamu
June 8th - - KageKitsuneB
June 10th - - Zombie Moshpit
June 11th - - Lunaki3 and Snowflake in the Woods
June 16th - - FaeryGoddess2006 and Lilith Le Rouge
June 17th - - Angel No More
June 21st - - Arthela
June 22nd - - Sister_Chikara_Strife
June 23rd - - Blood Saga
June 24th - - hp_artist
June 25th - - themadwriter
June 29th - - Zydrate Addicted GENtern

July 1st - - Rosa Coronada
July 3rd - - Choir-Angel
July 4th - - E l i x i e r and Blood_Thorn07
July 6th - - whitefirewolf90
July 14th - - candiipup and Mistress_Lynx
July 15th - - Chimerical V
July 18th - - Bunniegurl123
July 21st - - AmyK02, gaaras and milk and Lady Hutchums
July 22nd - - Extravagantly Yours
July 23rd - - Myakachii, Ciele Fu and Usagi Akumu
July 26th - - WiccanChick726, leowitch, ForbidenNightmare and DarkRose072687
July 27th - - Kuro Magami and captains bootie
July 28th - - 1Lilyflower
July 31st - - loveblackbutterflies

User Image

Congratulations to oceantail!

User Image

Blessed_Scribe: What initially sparked your interest in Wicca/Paganism?

Well my Greek roots lead me into their rich mythology, That is probably why I chose to follow Hellenic paganism, Though I am not reconstructionist by any means, though I respect those who do, I am more comfortable with the simply being Hellenic pagan, I felt it “left more doors open” if you will. I also remember from my earliest memories feeling like something was dormant inside of me, though just being a child I had no idea what it was.

What actually sparked my interest was a spiritual void, I could not reconcile losing a beloved family member for Christmas (yule) every year with a benevolent all-powerful god. It is important to mention that I never was an atheist, I became agnostic, I still believed there was a higher power then Man but I did not hold it to be God in the Christian sense.

The first book I actually read on the topic of paganism, and the only one of which that got me into trouble with my then atheist mom was DJ Conway's Celtic Magic (Yes, I know its not Scott Cunningham or Gerald Gardner, but I was unknowing, and more importantly it was what Borders Express had in stock at the time.) Then is when it really started, though it was just a little then, I could do something or not, and boy was I intimidated at the long ritual item lists. But that all changed when my biological father died suddenly on December 28. By which time I had collected and hidden away quite a collection of books, including Ravenwolf (I know people hate her but similar to Conway her book was in stock) and Scott Cunningham. Now if this where run by a TV show it would say that I flung myself into the books seeking solace in the occult. More accurately I was left with an emotional hole and the books, where what was their to comfort me with compassionate spirits and wisdom, to glean strength from weakness. I guess that is where my interest took off

Blessed_Scribe: How long have you be studying Wicca/Paganism?

Since I started high school in 8th grade so about 5 years give or take though I became more serious after sophomore year when my dad died so 2 and a half

Blessed_Scribe: What has kept you interested in Wicca/Paganism for that length of time?

Not to offend those of other faiths, but they all seemed sessile to me, meaning they were done hundreds of years ago and everything about them has already been written down, there are no new gospels, everything about them seems to have been cemented in place hundreds of years ago.

In contrast paganism seems to be ever changing, new ideas are being contested in the here and now. That’s not to say that paganism hasn't had a past of its own, just that it seems like spiritual revelations are being discussed in places like this guild and they are not instantly cast down as non-cannon, or heresy, but rather investigated tired and contested by people not of some elite shadow class that is the only way to the divine, but people of similar and dissimilar backgrounds the best words I can think of for this are in perfect love and perfect trust, not too lenient yet not too firm

Blessed_Scribe: What is your favourite area of study and why?

My favourite area of study is (as I call them) the healing arts. Because if I can become a good enough healer maybe I won’t have to stand idly by as my loved ones drop annually (I'll try not to asseverate on that too much)

Blessed_Scribe: Which element do you feel the strongest connection to and why?

Water, I like the idea of filling, sustaining and washing away pain. In a more practical manor, I love the cold and go for LONG walks on rainy days, which did cause a bully problem sweatdrop . Furthermore I think of water as the healing element, it washes away pain and fills the emotional wounds.

Blessed_Scribe: Have you ever experimented with any form of divination? If so, what's your favorite form and what's one of your most memorable experiences while using it?

Yes several, I have tried tarot, pendulum and gemstone divination (look in the crystal bible for that last one) my favorite is the tarot though, maybe because it was my first, maybe some other psychological reason that pictures appeal to me. One time I did divination for a friend and gave advice that turned out to be true. They were in a relationship that was unfair to them and the person would drop them as soon as something better came along. Unfortunately love was blind.

Blessed_Scribe: Have you ever tried casting a spell? Did it work? Why do you think it did or didn't work?

Well I guess it depends on your definition of work... I did cast a spell on a family friend who had been diagnosed with cancer and had twenty-four hour max life expectancy, I got one of my (circle-mates?) and we did a ritual invoking the powers of the Ocean and the Goddess and God as well as a prayer to Athena, for the cancer to be destroyed and her do regain her lost functions as quickly and safely as possible. She died: after three days. Her life expectancy tripled, and she did not moan or have a rasping breath, she was still unconscious. I took me a while to see the benefits that arose, first I kept asking “what did I do wrong, or what could I have done to “Fix” this”, My friend told me “perhaps it was too late for even magick to restore her body.” I look back now and still wonder “what if I acted sooner, or did more over time.” but we can't change time, I take comfort in that her soul is safe somewhere untouched by the disease that ravaged her body.

Blessed_Scribe: If you could have any type of "special" power, what would you choose and what would you do with it?

Any type? I would want precognition for both theory and practice, In essence be able to know the outcome of events if I chose to follow one path or another, and forewarning if something bad does pop up.

Blessed_Scribe: What one book would you recommend to anyone new to Paganism; and why?

After reading my initial interest some of you must be shivering at the thought of what this could possibly be. Working with Spirit Guides by Teresa Moorey this book lead me back to my first teacher (this may or may not sound crazy) and Undine named Arowyn, It told me about visiting “other world” which is something that I think is essential for a beginner, and finding a guide or guardian of some sort is excellent for a beginner, to keep them from going over their head too soon. As well as it was the first book that actually told me how to meditate. The “meditate on this or that” without covering how to do so was really annoying

Blessed_Scribe: How does being nominated for Member of the Month make you feel?

It is a great honour, I kinda feel undeserving sweatdrop , especially after all those sad stories I put up. I hope it wasn't too depressing and that you all can continue to enjoy this paper and the guild.

-----

Member's Art

If you'd like to have your art featured here, just PM Blessed_Scribe. You'll get gold for anything that you submit.
(Art is defined as poetry, short stories, excerpts from a novel, photography, sculptures, graphic design, painting, drawings, collages, etc).  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:13 am
User Image

Book Review - The Only Wiccan Spell Book You’ll Ever Need: For Love, Happiness, and Prosperity
Written by no1narutofan1992

User Image

TITLE: The Only Wiccan Spell Book You’ll Ever Need: For Love, Happiness, and Prosperity
AUTHOR: Marian Singer & Trish MacGregor
PAGES: 209 pages
YEAR PUBLISHED: 2004
PUBLISHER: Adams Media Corporation

SYNOPSIS (from the back of the book): The fundamentals of spellcraft all in one volume!

The Only Wiccan Spell Book You’ll Ever Need, by noted Wiccan authorities Marian Singer and Trish MacGregor, is your perfect primer to understanding the basics of Wiccan philosophy and ideology. Starting with a brief rundown of Witchcraft tools and symbols, this handy reference helps you create spells for virtually every aspect of your life:
Business, Creativity, Health, Love, Personal power, Prosperity, Luck, Abundance and Travel.
This book is filled with myriad examples, simple instructions, and recipes that incorporate easy to find ingredients, The Only Wiccan Spell Book You’ll Ever Need will have you creating your own magic in no time.

REVIEW: This book is good for anyone who is new to the craft or who is looking for new ways to make spells. You don’t have to read the whole book through at once, you can just go by topic if that’s what you need. It gives you some ready made spells along with ways to make your own spells. It is a great way to get started with the craft.

ABOUT THE AUTHORS: Marian Singer, author of Magick for the Wild Woman and the bestselling Everything Wicca and Witchcraft Book, is an expert on Wicca, Witchcraft, and goddess traditions. She gives lectures and workshops and has appeared on several television shows. A resident of Western New York, Ms. Singer regularly contributes to popular sites such as witchvox.

Trish MacGregor is the author of The Everything Astrology Book, The Everything Dreams Book, and Power Tarot, among others. She lives in Boynton Beach, FL.  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 am
User Image

Kitchen Witches - Summer and Winter
Written by FlyingPinkElefantSaysMeow

Summer is almost here, as is Winter in the southern hemisphere. So here are two perfect recipes for each season.

Fruit Salsa And Cinnamon Chips

Ingredients:

2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups cinnamon sugar

Directions:

1.In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.

2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

3.Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.

4.Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture

Homemade Herbed Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, diced
6 stalks celery, diced
6 carrot, diced
3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
3/4 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
3/4 tablespoon chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
4 quarts low-fat, low sodium chicken broth
3-1/2 cups cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until translucent. Stir in celery, carrot, rosemary, tarragon, thyme and parsley and cook, covered, until vegetables are soft, 5 to 10 minutes.

2. Transfer vegetable mixture to a large pot and pour in chicken broth. Simmer over low heat, covered, for 30 minutes.

3. Stir in chicken breast pieces and egg noodles and simmer, covered, 30 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 am
User Image

Pagan Humor
Provided by Zydrate Addicted GENtern

This month I found a story about someone who decided to update their Book of Shadows using their computer. However, the Spell Checker changed the words significantly for a pretty funny outcome.

The Wicca Charm

Wicca followers heed the call
of Lammas to Imbolg,
dancing deosil, never widdershins
as we worship ye old religion.

From the grimoire's magic true,
we find that we now have the runes;
& the sigils that will bring power
to our Sabbat's witching hour.

With a pentacle in hand,
await the Goddess's command,
then cast your circle with athame
and with a censer burning vervain.

Throw your talisman into the fire,
and to you comes what you desire.
Then jump astride a besom firm
and ride until the talisman burns.

The computer-revised version is

The Knicker Charm

Knicker followers heed the call
lamingtons to imbibe,
dancing docile, never widdling
we worship a yelled religion.

From the grim one's magic true,
we find that we now have the runs;
& the sickness that will bring power
to our sad bat's twitching hour.

With a testicle in hand,
await the Goddess's command
then cast your circle with shame
and with a sense of burning vermin.

Throw your tallest man into the fire,
and to you comes what you desire.
Then jump astride a bosom firm
and ride until the tallest man burns.

Source:
http://www.ecauldron.net/humor65.php  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 am
User Image

Pagan Music - Harper Blue
Written by addicted to sin

This month we'll be spotlighting a different kind of Pagan Music group. Harper Blue blends Pagan lyrics with a heavy blues and classic rock sound that's simply an experience in and of its self.

Harper Blue got its name from the Anne McCaffrey novel "The Harpers". Their sound has evolved greatly over the years and has taken on a life of its own. Going from five electric guitars to their now more intimate two acoustic guitar players, the band started when Katy and Tim Walczak wanted to bring their love for music and weaved it with pagan folk in their songs to life.

The band takes its influence from many other main-stream rock bands such as Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin. They may not sound like any blues you have ever heard but deep down with their rhythms and tunes is where you'll find their true colors. When asked about their music they said "We like the music we create and hope that others will too!". That's what music is all about, if someone doesn't love their own sound how can they expect others to? This band's lyrics and sincerity make it a diamond in an otherwise over looked rough so please take a listen and see for yourself.

Till Next Month~

Blessed Be, Sin

----

You can find a playlist of their music here:

Music

----

Source  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:26 am
User Image

Spells
Written by Mika Lockheart

Hello again everyone. This edition’s spells are geared toward emotional well being. At this time of year most of us are finishing up school work (and exams!) and are under a vast amount of stress. Here are two spells designed to counteract this often stressful time. Enjoy and Blessed be.

Happiness Spell

This is a simple spell that I chose especially for beginners looking for an easy and safe spell to start off with. It’s also ideal for those of you who cannot be open about your practices.

You need:

Three cords/strings of different colors.
Suggested colors: Orange, Yellow, White, Blue, and Green.

Spell:

Take three cords or strings of various, pleasing pastel colors perhaps pink, red, and green and braid them tightly together.
Firmly tie a knot near one end of the braid, thinking of your need for happiness. (Sometimes it helps to say this out loud so any helpful spirits around you can get in on the action and maybe even help you!)
Next, tie another knot, and another, until you have tied seven knots. Wear or carry the cord with you until you find happiness.
After that, keep the cord in a safe place, or give to one of the elements burn and scatter the ashes in the ocean or in a stream.

Study Spell

This second spell was chosen as a way to help relieve stress. It will help you do well in school. However, this is not a fix-it spell for your grades; you absolutely must be willing to put a hundred percent of yourself in your school work for this spell to function properly. It is not a replacement for not studying, just an aid for those who are trying their hardest to do better in school this year. I performed a spell similar to this in my last year of high school when I was struggling with mathematics. I passed the public exam-amazing since I’d been failing most of the tests that year-but keep in mind I studied very hard. I hope you all get the same success I did!

You need:

• Yellow household candle
• Concentration Oil
• Concentration incense
Note about the last two ingredients: You can use any oil or incense which boost concentration. If you don’t have oil, you can use water-that’s what I did.

Spell:

Carve your name or name of person you are aiding into the candle and anoint with oil. Light your incense & then your candle.
While standing before your altar say: ''Oh, Spirits of Wisdom, to you I pray that throughout my studies, my mind will not stray keep it receptive, open and clear for me. As is my will, so it shall be!'' Repeat & let candle burn until you feel you request has been heard.
Repeat this daily until the candle has burned out and repeat the above words when sitting down to study or test.
When testing, beforehand, anoint your temples with your chosen oil. Another option is to do the spell, and then leave the candle to continue burning as you study until it burns out completely

Sources:

Happiness Spell: http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/spells/happiness-spell.htm
Study Spell: http://www.spellsofmagic.com/spells/life_spells/success_spells/5416/page.html  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:29 am
User Image

This is the spot where you can advertise just about anything you want.

Want to advertise your quest? Do you want to advertise something you're trying to sell? Or maybe you're looking for a mentor.

Whatever it may be, this is the place to do it!

It's completely free. All you have to do is send a PM to me, Blessed_Scribe, with your ad and which months issue you'd like it to be in. It can be as many months as you'd like, not just one.

-----

zabazor
Hiring Teachers
User Image
The Academy is in need of teachers. We currently have only two subjects covered, Tools for Change and Greek Mythology. If you think that you have an idea for a class, it could be anything from crafty ways to recycle, to growing plants, to spell creation, to divination, to anything that you think other members would be interested in learning about, then you can become a teacher. If you want to experience the joy of helping others grow and prosper, and make a little gold on the side, then send the current principal zabazor a PM with your class idea and he will help you join the Blessed Be teaching staff today.

Blessed_Scribe
We are in need of writers for the following sections:
Abilities, Advanced Practitioners, Animal Totems, Astral Projection, Astrology, Author of the Month, Beginner's Section, Comics, Current Affairs, Divination, Elements, Gods & Goddesses, Herb Garden and Meditation

If you're interested, please head on over to this thread to pick up the application. Once you've filled it out, please send it to Blessed_Scribe.

It's a paying job (Gaia gold only), so it's well worth it! biggrin

Blessed_Scribe
If you've enjoyed this issue of the newsletter, or have any suggestions, please feel free to post some feedback!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:30 am
User Image

Game Room

Word Searches
I suggest that you save the puzzle to your computer and then open them in paint (or some other program like that) and mark where the words are.

Once you've found as many words as possible, send me your completed word search. You will receive 1,000 gaia gold for each completed puzzle you turn in (25 gold will be taken away for each word not found).

User Image

User Image

The Rules
- Be sure to title the PM "Newspaper Games", and send them to Blessed_Scribe please.
- You cannot post your answers for others to see or share them with any other member anywhere or at anytime. Doing so will forfeit your prize.
- No cheating, don't ask others where the answers are .
- We will only accept the answers to these puzzles during the months of June and July 2010.
- Have fun!  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games