Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:56 pm
PZ Myers of the blog Pharyngula has an interesting new post up about abortion:
Pharyngula | Sunday Sacrilege: an embryo is not a person

In it, he suggests that anti-abortion groups stop using pictures of infants to represent embryos and use actual pictures. Like this!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I like it. The essay itself is great too, if you're interested and not offended by his critcism of religion.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:01 pm
That was a pretty great read!  

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Jailbait Queen

Shy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 pm
i love it!
haha i think that there should be a guerrilla movement to edit the billboards so theyre realistic  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:26 pm
You mean like vandalism? neutral Probably not the best idea.  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Jailbait Queen

Shy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm
PhaedraMcSpiffy
You mean like vandalism? neutral Probably not the best idea.

i meant like photoshop like this

or counter protesting in a way, like the people who protest the phelps with signs similar but counter.

i wont vouch for destroying someone else's property, no matter how misleading i think it is.
shoulda been more clear~!  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:31 am
I liked one comment suggesting they put 2 embryo's next to it, one human and one like a mouse or some other mammal, at some early stage of development and see if people could pick out the human one.  

Roslin

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:39 pm
Funfact: I moved to Texas and these are all over the damn place.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:56 pm
Oh geez. sad

I was driving in rural Ontario and I was surprised to see a pro-life ad (because I never see those anywhere), which simply encouraged women to choose life. I think ads like that aren't so bad... not only do they not have misleading information on them, but they acknowledge that it is a choice!  

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Jaaten Syric

Liberal Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:59 pm
We have a few choice ones here in Kentucky. A personal favorite; An image of a newborn with the caption 'Eighteen days from conception my heart was beating.' Then again... my state also has a multi-million dollar creation museum so... yeah. <.<  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:02 pm
I'm really begining to regret transferring to U of L. Not only do we have one of those atrocious billboards on the main highway leading to campus but the amount of anti-abortion garbage is absurd. This is my second semester here and there have been three different anti-abortion speakers that I know of. Not street-preachers of the assholes with the vans, mind you, but people invited by campus groups or the school itself to speak in our version of a student activities venue. Add to that, while walking to class today I noticed the newest campaign: Scrawling Abortion73's web address across the campus' walkways in chalk, and I've seem far more fliers for what I suspect are CPCs in the area than I would have believed possible back at UK. I just don't understand it. I'm supposed to live in the Athens of Kentucky (which, granted, isn't saying much), the one place where progressive ideas are the norm and what do we have? the most simpering and ineffective pro-choice group I've ever seen. I'd love to drop by and rant and rave and try to energize the choicers on campus into some sort of action, but they don't even publicly list their meeting times... ******** you, Kentucky. Seriously. ******** you.  

Jaaten Syric

Liberal Zealot

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:52 pm
I'm going to thank my stars that I live in probably one of the most liberal areas of an otherwise red state.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:14 pm
Blegh. That sucks. I saw the town CPC a while ago. It had a big billboard nearby that had some sort of religious reasoning to oppose abortion. They weren't even trying to hide the fact that they're trying to impose their religion on everyone else. gonk

But I also saw a closed-down CPC, so then there's that.  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Demon Days

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:35 am
yeah, my university has a pro-life organization... I haven't noticed them having events or anything so i'm kind of wondering what they do. o__o

this one's my favorite:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
rofl rofl  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff