Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild

Back to Guilds

For everyone who is different, gay, lesbian, bi, transgendered, questioning, and tons more. 

Tags: gayness, love, lesbiangirl, question, support 

Reply Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild
No one wants to read...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vantineutrasictical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 pm
between the lines. About a month ago, we had a a anti-bullying handout that we were supposed to read. This was required for all of Pennsylvania (or so i've been told) to read. It was about how "That's so gay" can and is an extreme cursing phrase.

After 40 minutes or so, these two kids behind starting making fun of each other and then i heard the word "f*****t" go around about 40 times. I desperately wanted to turn around and either tell them to shut the hell up or punch them both.

I did neither, because they wouldn't have listened to me saying once. My friends (who you could say have been trained, in a way) still slip it out every now and then. I've said "that's so gay i think a year ago... and my friend was like "AH, YOU SAID IT!" That got me more pissed off. Saying that phrase out loud was like saying "******** you" to the president and then mooning him, to me, at least.

I have to wonder how much of this is making it to people brains because they aren't realizing anything. In the article, it said that two hetero boys (who were both 11) hung them selves because class mates were making fun of them. (in their own ignorance, it was quite a stupid move. Of course because they killed themselves, but i mean the fact that the took it as that much of an insult.)

No one even seemed to care about that.
Very recently... i went insane trying to think of why they wouldn't think that out, because i went insane (literally) and broke down after thinking about the after-life, if there is one.
I couldn't stand the thought of some many people so detached with life that if it doesn't after them in the here and now, they don't give a s**t.

I just felt the need to rant some where, and i figured you'd have something to say about this.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:17 pm
I understand your "Madness", although I don't see as such. Such utter ignorance is and should be depressing. I don't mind the misuse of the word gay as much as the usages of words like f** or f*****t. Being totally enthralled in English and literature has made me hypersensitive towards words and their overall effect on people, granted. But it is never the less appalling to think that in a country like ours, that likes to crow so loudly to the “lesser” about our own greatness, can be so backwards. (I’m about to chase a rabbit; back to my point.) It’s sad fact that words do in fact hurt, and people will still claim “They’re just words” to defend their right to say hateful slurs. I wonder how many children have to kill themselves to make a point?  

Uke for him
Vice Captain

3,225 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Contributor 0

Vantineutrasictical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:47 pm
Like (who was right before Stalin?) said
"One man's death is a tragedy,
A million men dead is a statistic"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:08 pm
they made the history teachers (since everyone is required to take history sophomore, junior and senior year) give a talk to their students about bullying today. apparently my class (the sophomore class) is the worst when it comes to bullying.

i myself have been on all sides of the bullying spectrum. (been bullied, been the kid to stand up for the bullied kid, and been the bully myself, ironically enough) but the thing is, it gets to the point that it's not a character builder anymore. my pshyce is still ridiculously broken from all the damage of words.

still, i don't tend to care when people say "that's so gay." i mean, i use rude phrases like, retarded (which is pretty bad when you consider real MR cases) and such, so why would i be a hypocrite and get on people's asses for saying gay? hell, i've gotten into the habit of doing it.

but i guess the point is that we really do need to understand when to stop. and when to forgive. no one wants suicide/school shootings. no one wins. society suffers but never learns. and it's all because of a few stupid words.  

the_forgotten_thought

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 pm
You ran into...

It's weird... This kind of thing doesn't bother me anymore. I tend to make fun of it. Like if someone says to me that's something is "gay", I'll take it from it's original root and ask them "It's happy? How?"

If someone calls someone a f*****t, I just smile and think of meatballs. Here in merry old England, we have some weird-a** giant meatballs in some stores that are called faggots.

I like messing with the people who mess with me. It makes me feel good.

It doesn't change the fact I think it's wrong, I just feel like... The more I take offense, the more they'll do it.

Nobody can walk over you unless you lie down and let them.

... the doorframe of life!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:21 am
I have no problem with people saying that's so gay. In fact I had a good laugh at the videos made for disney about how saying that's so gay is bad. My friends and I (and at least 60% of us are gay or lesbian), say it to each other all the time, so why does it matter?

Now the word f*****t, that pisses me off. Does this make me a hypocrite? No clue, but it's me.  

Chikara Kitsune Takashi

Vantineutrasictical

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:12 pm
I was thinking on going completely bing on my friends when they say that phrase.
"Gay-adjective-happy--gay-adjective-annoying"
'What the hell are you talking about?'
"Hell, God'll throw you down there if you are sinful and ungrateful."
"Are you on some new medicine?"....  
Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out