Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:47 pm
Our RP Sub-forum is suffering from severe disuse... all the threads are tattered and dusty, lost beneath a tangled mass of cobwebs.... I swear I just saw a spider in there the size of a bus! It looked really hungry and I almost didn't make it out there ~ eek

For all my lovely geezers who've asked about RPs, we have a sub-forum just waiting to be used, located here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=406289

And if you catch that spider, I heard a rumor that Pierre and his not-so-human crew over at the Chatty Kathy's have a recipe for a delectable dish he'd be good in. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:52 am
My fault.

I've been overwhelmed by a myriad of catastrophies since I last posted here (who knows how long ago).

I'm not dead yet!

But yeah, to my friends: what have I missed? Feel free to PM me or head over to the thread I'm about to start in general postings here 3nodding  

Exor Omega

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 am
Exor! *Glomps* Sadly, I don't think you've missed too much as there's not been much posting going on in there... sad

And it's good to see you back.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:43 pm
Maybe if we moved the MW there where it belongs the rest of the RPs would get a second lease of life.

But then what would happen to the games?

User Image

Ringlefinch
Crew

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:06 pm
I really don't care WHERE you put MW. In my opinion just where it belongs is completely up to the Captain and Crew. Just please do me the courtesy of notifying me and giving me enough advance notice so that I can contact the regular patrons and let them know what is going on. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 pm
The MW bar also has games attached to it so it's a bit of a hybrid, though... but I wouldn't be completely objectionable to it being moved to the RP forum. Of course, that would also mean moving chatty kathy's, lily's, and black's hall since they're all connected.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:10 pm
If the MW is moved because it is a "rp" thread then GGGB, Lily's Pad, Chatty Kathy's, and Black's Hall all need to be moved there too. We rp in all of them. 3nodding

Haha, Tes beat me too it! blaugh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:10 pm
If MW gets moved, then there are other threads in the game room that would have to be moved as well.....as TES just said.

MW does have games...the RP is just part of the thread. Whether or not people play the games in MW is their choice.  

katana68

Partying Conventioneer

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:15 pm
From what I understand, and I could be wrong, when I first started RPing in the RP subforum threads, back in 2008, it was for more "serious" rps where you created a different character and world/time period and rped that way. The "rps" in the GR are more...relaxed and "real life" themed than the RP threads/games already running in the RP Subforum (no matter how cob-webbed, rofl ). The GR "rps" are also more lenient as to post style (not using quotes for talking, nor writing in a story format, and using "--" "**" or some variation thereof for actions.).

Just my two cents. blaugh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:24 pm
I think that's one of the reasons people have stayed away from the RP subforum, actually... since it seems to be a lot more formal there, or at least gives the impression of being a more formal setting.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Ringlefinch
Crew

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:40 pm
Yeh I was just teasing Psyzapp. No crisis People

xd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:55 pm
stare *Growls at Mr. Stumblefoot and contemplates putting out a contract on him.* twisted  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:37 pm
O 4 crying > LOUD *Face-palm*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 pm
I posted a thread a few weeks back but until today really no one said anything. I think a lot of the reason most of these lovely sub-forums go unused is because people are attached to one or two threads and don't want to venture out anywhere else.  

icywind1980

Ice-Cold Neko

Exor Omega

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:51 pm
Icywind has a point.

I tried to post on Earth That Was, but I've run out of time... I'll make sure I get it tomorrow if at all possible, and I'll inform those involved via PM. I pledge to get something rolling again.  
Old Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff