Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Garden of Live Flowers (Art)
My Artwork

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 pm
I've been drawing recently; after getting inspired by the 'Welcome to Madness' RP. All these pictures are to do with Alice in Wonderland even if they're based on that RP, so I guessed I could make a topic here rather than just posting them in the OOC thread. Also there's a couple Jabberwock pics.

Now I'm not a great artist at all; my style I've been drawing in for years now. Its not manga, its not meant to be, but it is based on it.

Anyway, here we go.

The Night Faery's Alice
I hope I drew her okay, though I kinda couldn't help myself in the stylizing. Anyway, yes this is pretty basic picture of Alice; there is no Cheshire Cat in the RP yet, but I needed her to be looking at something.

My Caterpillar
Guess who I role-play as in it? Yes, the Caterpillar. This was based on the MS Paint drawing I did for his profile. Though I prefer the pose in this one. If you want to see that one, it's here. I kinda based him off the original illustration with the sleeves and all.

Alice and Caterpillar
This was actually the first sketch I did, it was just to get used to drawing them both really.

The Jabberwock
Now if its something I'm good at is drawing dragons, I've been drawing them since I was little and the Jabberwock is a flipping dragon! XD I was happy with this. Also I didn't shade it because I thought it would look nicer like this.

More stylized Jabberwock
I drew this one because of the RP actually, which is odd because the Jabberwock isn't in it. But I just kinda could imagine him saying; "Hello there, Alice..." Again, not shaded.

Advice from a Caterpillar
My favourite picture at the moment! Again its based on the RP, hoooooowever its also based on something else... you should know what. If you don't then... uh... okay. Here's the original illustration from the book. Half-shaded.

That's it for now. I really would like some feedback on each picture if that's okay, and yeah don't tell me to improve my artwork because I know I have to... I like nice comments! ^_^

BTW we need more people to join the RP, hint hint.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:08 pm
Ooooh... I love your art style, Azure! It's creepy... but in a good way!

First image... I love Alice's pose! Especially the hands, for some reason... O.o And wow, I love the expression on the Caterpillar; somehow non-expressive while being expressive.

But wow, I love the Jabberwock pictures! *_* It looks so scary! *hides under a rock and refuses to emerge before March* I think I love the spidery limbs the most; they have horror movie-esque noises in my head.

... I wish I could draw. *goes to play with finger paints*

Gaaaah, the rp.......... I have to look into thaaaaaat.... neeedddddd freeeeeeee tiiiiiiiimeeeee.... *_*

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 pm
Aw, really? o.o Thank you. ^_^

I was thinking of maybe colouring a couple on the computer, but I'm unsure as that can take ages. XD

I wonder if I should draw avi art... but I don't think I'm good enough at drawing for that. Actually I think OC's are easier to draw.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 pm
O_O Holy bejeebus, I loves!! Methinks the first Jabberwock is my favorite... Freaking awesome. (and I like how he's being all sophisticated and wearing a vest... lol)

I agree with Marchy on the first Alice pic-- I really like her pose. Very Alice-y indeed.

Thank you for putting these up! I likes much. ^-^

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 pm
Thanks. Glad you liked them. ^_^

Yeah I drew him like that because he's wearing one in the original illustration (as far as I can tell). XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm
Azure I love the one of the jabberwocky that you did. They both look awful creepy and awsome.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:17 pm
Aw, thank you. ^_^  
The Garden of Live Flowers (Art)

Manage Your Items