Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild

Back to Guilds

For everyone who is different, gay, lesbian, bi, transgendered, questioning, and tons more. 

Tags: gayness, love, lesbiangirl, question, support 

Reply Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild
What do/did your..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

perpetual cognition

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:07 am
I came out a little over two years ago. My mom flipped out and cried and said "so no grandchildren for me?!" even though I have a brother who can have kids and the fact that still fully intend on having children. My mom got into the house before me and told my dad. He called me down, and tried to convince me it's a phase, which didn't work. But, the first thing he said was "we're not going to kick you out". I don't know if that's because they thought about it or because I was worried about it. Oh well.

Now when I bring girlfriends around they automatically hate her for fueling the gay.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 am
I'm sorry. Your mom's reaction makes me chuckle a bit  

Spigglesworth
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 pm
You ran into...

You're all so brave for coming out to your families... I wish I could have had that same courage.

But I grew up with my Grandparents, and old people tend to stick to old values. They'd disown me and cut me out of their wills if they thought I was anything but 100% straight. So I fake confidence in my straight state of being, to make them happy.

... the doorframe of life!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:22 am
I'm not gonna lie and say taht every situation can be perfect. Or even good.
But I know that when you ARE able to come out you will never regret it.
It will work out when the time is right Trust me ^_^  

Spigglesworth
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Retarded Ardvarks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 pm
My mommy wuvs me! ^.^ I'm so happy!

My dad on the other hand....um....I don't really care what he would think but he would disown me probably cuz he is such a hardcore christian (Pfft yea rite) um....I havent talked to him in like 2 years.....Anywho I have a loving and excepting mommy and thats all that counts! <3 <3 <3  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:52 pm
I find it ridiculous about how some parents react. When I first came out, I came out as Bi to my little brother, who in a temper tantrum told my mom. She freaked out and somehow convinced me that I didn't like girls. I was twelve at the time.

Then the day before my fifteenth birthday, my mother noticed a hickey on my neck (which was given to me by my now ex-girlfriend). I ran into the shower to avoid my mother, figuring she'd react the way she did the first time (which she completely forgot about it). But she was screaming about how her fourteen year old daughter was going to get pregnant so I wrote a coming out letter to her. I told her that I liked girls and wasn't sure about how I felt towards guys. She said she wasn't happy, but she'd accept me. She said she wasn't happy because she wanted grand-babies. I'm having kids no matter who I'm with, so whatever.

Now I identify as Pansexual, which no one knows what that is. Basically, I don't care about gender. I'm now with a wonderful guy and even though we're in a hetero relationship, I still consider myself part of the gay community. I'm a big advocator and I don't care what anyone thinks about me now. I don't care if people think my short hair makes me look like a dyke, or if I get stares whenever I go crazy for a gorgeous woman with a big rack ( =P ). Life's too short to care about others. As long as you're happy. =]

EDIT: There are other Pansexuals here! Yay! =D I'm not alone. (I've only ever met one Pansexual person before. >.> )

LeDameDaphine

Spigglesworth
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:41 am
I understand that grandbaby thing all too well xD
And yes there are other pansexuals here. And a good chunk of the gay community knows what pansexuality is ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:40 pm
Well I originally came out as bisexual, and I remember my mom was like "well it's about freaking time!" (I was 12 I was like holy s**t, was I thought obvious as a kid) but then I recently just discovered that guys don't do it for me and my parents are soooo cool with it. They take me to the Gay Pride parade in SF and all the LGBT events and such, and I even talk about tastes in women with my dad lol.  

kryttelz

kryttelz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:43 pm
LeDameDaphine
I find it ridiculous about how some parents react. When I first came out, I came out as Bi to my little brother, who in a temper tantrum told my mom. She freaked out and somehow convinced me that I didn't like girls. I was twelve at the time.

Then the day before my fifteenth birthday, my mother noticed a hickey on my neck (which was given to me by my now ex-girlfriend). I ran into the shower to avoid my mother, figuring she'd react the way she did the first time (which she completely forgot about it). But she was screaming about how her fourteen year old daughter was going to get pregnant so I wrote a coming out letter to her. I told her that I liked girls and wasn't sure about how I felt towards guys. She said she wasn't happy, but she'd accept me. She said she wasn't happy because she wanted grand-babies. I'm having kids no matter who I'm with, so whatever.

Now I identify as Pansexual, which no one knows what that is. Basically, I don't care about gender. I'm now with a wonderful guy and even though we're in a hetero relationship, I still consider myself part of the gay community. I'm a big advocator and I don't care what anyone thinks about me now. I don't care if people think my short hair makes me look like a dyke, or if I get stares whenever I go crazy for a gorgeous woman with a big rack ( =P ). Life's too short to care about others. As long as you're happy. =]

EDIT: There are other Pansexuals here! Yay! =D I'm not alone. (I've only ever met one Pansexual person before. >.> )

I used to define as pansexual, but it doesn't really fit when you're attracted to everyone, but wouldn't date/sleep with "everyone". But I have to say, pansexual people especially ones who are androgynous have a looooooooooooot of options. Like, I got a sea and they have the whole freakin pacific ocean to fish from.  
Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff