Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild

Back to Guilds

For everyone who is different, gay, lesbian, bi, transgendered, questioning, and tons more. 

Tags: gayness, love, lesbiangirl, question, support 

Reply Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild
What do/did your..... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spigglesworth
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 am
Parents think about you being gay?

My mommy loved it! She said at least I won't have to deal with this child support bullshit she had to deal with! xD
My mom's awesome like that though.

My father on the other hand hated me. "I guess this means you always like chorus more than foot ball huh?!"
Me being varsity wide receiver Said of course yeah... I hated it stare retard. lol Then we fought and he hit me with a phone book. It was perfectly fair until he realized he was losing and said BAH! and started cheating. ******** Douche.

I haven't seen him for years! Haha I think it's funny now that I look at it.
But anyways.

What about YOU?

If they don't know then I guess this doesn't apply to you huh?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:40 am
My dad had no problem with me being Bi. Thats mainly cause he grew up in San Francisco so he was around it all his life and had no problems with it, so I'm lucky there. But my mom on the other had doesn't know I'm bi and I aim to keep it that way cause she's already disowned me cause I didn't want to live with her.  

Origin-of-Fire

Romantic Flatterer

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Uke for him
Vice Captain

3,225 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 am
My parents tried and are still trying to "cure" me. I think it's funny, cause they waste so much time on it. They sent me to jesus camp when I first came out. (I met my first bf there.XD) But it's understandable why they're upset. My dad is a paster with two gay kids, not really good for his image.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:30 pm
I wrote it in a letter to my mother. I wrote the letter and then ran away to my father. I did not want to be around when she read it. The letter went something like this:

I fell in love with so and so and told her that I love her and she did not want me because she is straight so I was hurt.

Which was a big lie. The woman I fell in love with did love me back and we were intimate but in the end she did not want me in her life anymore. I did not want to say all of that in the letter so I said what I said. ^

My mother called me up one day and asked me if the woman molested me. -_-" I got angry and changed the subject and hung up on her a few times until she never spoke of the letter again. She kept claiming the woman molested me. rolleyes Today it seems my mother doesn't even remember the letter, which is good. I don't want to hear about anymore molestation crap from her.

Now.... my father.

I told my father, he said he is cool with it. Then my girlfriend starts calling me up like crazy and he starts getting pissy about it. Then one day he goes,"Why is she calling you up so much? She has no life? Is she fat or something that she can't get a man?!" Then... he goes on to talk about how god made Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve. I stayed quiet about my being that way with him from then on. I am more afraid to become angry with him because I am afraid of his temper and afraid he might hit me. My mother on the other hand, I know she will never hit me. I don't know about my father though.

End of story.

I typed a lot. I'm sorry.  

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Spigglesworth
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:18 am
Your age might have something to do with the severity of their reactions. I know it did with my father. There was no labeling this a "Phase" so he went bonkers >_>

And do not worry about tpye a lot =P when the page gets too big it automatically clips it =] We are all good here bay-beh!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:57 am
I guess you might be right. I was 18 when all of this happened. It could have still been called a phase. Now, however, they probably wouldn't be able to call it such.  

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

Uke for him
Vice Captain

3,225 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 am
I'm sorry but anyone who ever uses "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" should get smack upside head. (Ok that my cut in.)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:59 am
WELL last night I made SURE my Mom knew that I wanted to be a man, and she said that she doesn't care and that she loves me and that those things are my life choice, I WAS SO HAPPYYYY

And though I haven't told my dad directly I'm sure he knows and loves me still xDD

And i AGREE UKE!

And don't be sorry Chaos, you can talk about these things, its okay. And don't be afraid to stand up for yourself, if your dad goes to hit you, don't be afraid to run either, as much as i wanna say hit back, you might get hurt. But know you got homies that'll back you up ;P  

xoUmniya
Captain

Aistriu Aes Sidhe

Feral Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:24 pm
Well... I'm in the closet, but for GOOD reason. My dad used to run a gay camp. He HATES gay people with a passion and says that he wants to kill and put all (um... we'll say queers in substitute for his word) in hell himself to be rid of "them" already. crying

Soooooo, yeah...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 pm
Oh god that is so horrible sweetie -hugs tight- you have a safe heaven here. and what part of Washington are you in cause you have a friend if your close to Graham.  

Origin-of-Fire

Romantic Flatterer

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mayzakie Suzekie

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:28 pm
Well, my dad left when i was young, so I have no idea what he'd think. But my mother kicked me out, more along the line of we got into a huge blow out and I left  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:14 pm
My Dad and step-mom completely disowned me so now I live with my Mom and her boyfriend,who I have no intention of telling after what happened the first time -_-  

Koecia

Lyonette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:09 pm
I cried a lot when I told my grandparents, but they were completely fine with it. So, they had to spend the next two years convincing me that they really don't mind and aren't homophobes. Ha, I still don't believe them! My mom was thrilled. She was like "I always thought you'd be a lesbian. I"m so glad you didn't end up straight."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:32 pm
My mom... I've told her about it and she's like "uh...." She pretty much refuses to comment on the topic and I think she's just having fun living in denial.

My dad... He has told me all of my life how gay people are wrong. His exact words are "I don't care if they're gay, they just need to stop shoving it in my face." Bullshit incidentally, since when I was younger it was "Ew, that's so wrong and sacrilegious." He doesn't like the fact that I'm in my college's GSA, let alone the secretary. Needless to say, I'm never telling him.

I suppose at the moment, since I have a boyfriend, it isn't much of an issue.  

Chikara Kitsune Takashi

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:20 pm
my mom is still having trouble with it. it's been two years; you'd think she would get over it! haha. like, she always brings it up!

ex: "Geez, mom, it's just an F. I'll pick my grade up."
"Yeah, well why can't you just be my old little smart girl? No, now you're gay!"

haha, she's so hilariously close-minded.

my dad, on the other hand, had some trouble with it, but eventually got used to idea. he was actually a lot more mad at the fact that i quit the church than that i was gay. now i talk to him more about hot chicks than my brother! it's pretty nice.  
Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff