Welcome to Gaia! ::

M.A.D. Starfish

Back to Guilds

Join us in M.aking A. D.ifference 

Tags: MAD Starfish, MAD Alliance, make a difference, contest, donation 

Reply ❥~ M.A.D. Starfish
MEMBERS' PROFILE: Pls introduce yourself here ^_^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

djhjdfkkjzkidkd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:59 am
Username (or real name would be nice) : Sabine... or here just Carry
Location/Region (place where you are) : switzerland (mothertongue is german, so forgive me my grammar fails, i visited no school to learn english, did all myself xD)
Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) : 25

Interests (may list links to let others know what interests you) :
Reading Fantasy Novels, Manga & Comics, drawing, webdesign (but im not used to coding Gaia Profiles yet... working on it tho)

My talents and gifts : Drawing, writhing (only in german tho xD)

What makes me smile : My Guinea Pigs, my bro's baby, a good funny book, shopping, being with family and friends
What makes me not smile : waking up early, bad weather, stress

Any gaian friends who made a difference in your gaian life (and how they made it) : none yet xD

Reason for joining the guild: Making an Alliance between Guilds is an good idea smile
I hope i can add my part to make it even bigger ^^
Expectations from the guild: Finding also new Fantasy-Nerds like me that helping me to make my Guild-Archive bigger

Any cool suggestions for the guild: Can't think of any yet, but i will let u know off, when i get a idea

So am i ready to make a difference?? : I think i am xD

hmmm.. anything else to say about yourself?? I think im fine for the moment xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:01 pm
Username (or real name would be nice) : My real name is Nikko.

Location/Region (place where you are) : I reside in Tacoma, Washington.

Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) : I am 19 years old.

I'm a hardcore nerd; I love old school pen and paper RPGs and video games. I love Star Wars and Harry Potter stuff. I watch a lot of anime. I have a wide range of musical tastes which encompass pretty much everything except country music. I love legos. I also love anything outdoors, hiking, backpacking, camping, gardening and basically just appreciating nature and the earth.

My talents and gifts :
I'm pretty savvy when it comes to technical stuff. I'm fluent in at least 10 or more dialects of Sciencese. I like to fix computers, both hardware and software. I'm a biology and botany freak and I love the science of life. Pretty much just science in general is my thing. I'm also a great listener, and I've been told exactly twice that I give at least half decent advice. razz

What makes me smile :
Seeing people helping each other and living collectively. Puppies, kittens, and a great deal of many other animals including octopuses, squids and lizards. Non genetically manipulated or chemically polluted (organic) sustainable foods. Gardens. Parks and conservation areas. Rain. Thunderstorms. Full moons. Strong wind. GLBTQ pride. Seeing people stand up for themselves. String instruments and piano. Friendly people in general. Seeing other people smile. Seeing people who aren't afraid to be themselves, especially in the face of adversity.

What makes me not smile :
Seeing people who either actively or passively make other people or animals suffer. Mean, rude or hateful people. Country music. Fossil fuels. Capitalism. Gentrification. Industry. Banks. Multinational conglomerates. Sodium nitrite. Clear cutting. Pesticides. Genetically modified foods. Poverty. Privatized healthcare. Fast food. Fiat currency. Seeing people being picked on, victimized or oppressed. Posterior-heads.

Any gaian friends who made a difference in your gaian life (and how they made it) : Kin Wolfington, veganaise, akrinimblin, skidrow8,

Reason for joining the guild: To affect positive change in the world through educating and providing resources to other gaians, and also through the actions and ideas of those gaians.

Expectations from the guild:
To support the Wild Earth guild by helping us to expand our member base.

Any cool suggestions for the guild: None that come to mind at this present moment.

So am i ready to make a difference?? :
Always.

hmmm.. anything else to say about yourself??
I'm very pleased to be part of the MAD Starfish Guild, and would he honoured to help out in any way that I can. ^^

hunter the peripatetic

Aoi_shinzo

5,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:06 am

•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯
Nikooru•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Everything you'll ever need to know about me is on my About page on my profile.

•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯
Aoi•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:22 pm
Nikooru-Aoi

•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯
Nikooru•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

Everything you'll ever need to know about me is on my About page on my profile.

•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯
Aoi•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

Your profile page is beautifully designed. 3nodding

hunter the peripatetic

MADStarfish_GuildMule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:24 am
So it's pretty obvious that this is our guild's mule.. ^_^
For now, only I have the access to this avi. Let's see if in the future I can find someone to manage this guild mule, maybe one of the crew or vice captains.

But for now, donations are very much welcome, and since our guild has enough guild account to send announcements for MAD Alliance promotions, and for other purposes, it would be better if anyone who wish to help, can please send trade or gifts to this avi.

We'll acknowledge all our donors, and will surely put all your donations to good use, for our guild and Alliance's sake and everyone's delight.

Thanks.

Yours,
BlueFheiry  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 pm
You can call me Pirate or Captain.
I'm in California
I'm almost 15
Interests: Finland, learning other languages, reading, drawing, writing, Power/Symphonic metal from FINLAND, learning keyboard and soon keytar
I don't really have any talents other than annoying or confusing the crap out of people (yeah, I need some help with that)
A lot of things make me smile, mostly seeing thriving forests covered in a blanket of snow, wolves, people realizing how stupid they are, a funny boy named Ethan Lang
Nira and Sheava Bloodvein really helped me. I was a part of a guild that was like family to me, all the members and me where really close. But one day I logged on and to my surprise the guild had been sold and turned into a Naruto fan guild right from under us. It hurt me, I felt like I had been torn from my friends. Then these two girls invited me into their guild to give me another guild that I could spend all day in, and we became family just like before. But now I never feel truly settled into a guild because I'm forever scared that something will happen just like the first time.

I joined this guild because someone requested I do so, and I'm hoping to have my donation/contest guild featured on the home page of this guild...

I am very ready to make a difference.

BattleAxePirate

Celestialisolde

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 pm
Username (or real name would be nice) : Celestialisolde. I have a lot of random nicknames too, but mostly people call me isolde or Celly. I answer to Aimee or Doug, too.

Location/Region (place where you are) : New York, United States
Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) : 22

Reading, Writing, Making Art, talking to and watching new people, traveling, watching movies, learning life stories.

My talents and gifts : I'm not talented really at much more than writing and making friends with random strangers. I'm basically still 5 years old at heart, fearless, and happy all the time. My gift is making other people happy, feeling confident and important.

What makes me smile : everything. I love smiling, smiling's my favorite. smile
see?
but seriously, cookies and flowers and kittens and basically everything.

What makes me not smile : When my friends are hurt or upset. Arrogance, blatant meanness.

Any gaian friends who made a difference in your gaian life (and how they made it) :
ioreth. She's been my best real world friend for almost eleven years now, and without her I would never have made it onto Gaia and probably never would have stayed.

Reason for joining the guild:
Networking and hoping to make a difference and meet other Gaians.

Expectations from the guild: Help my guild, Chapters, grow. We're looking for writers who are dedicated to the idea of writing and improving not only their own works but others' works as well through critiques.

Any cool suggestions for the guild: I'm new here, so not so much.

So am i ready to make a difference?? : Yeah.

Not really. I'm just really happy all the time, don't confuse that with stupid, please. it's really upsetting when people think that because I'm happy I am also dumb.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:53 pm
Username (or real name would be nice) :
Shini
Location/Region (place where you are) :
United states of dumerica
Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) :
22, REAL years old

Guitar, skateboard, driving, massage therapy, psychology, sociology, kinesology

My talents and gifts :
I guess I am an outgoing loveable guy, from what people tell me.

What makes me smile
Music, martial arts
violence
Any gaian friends who made a difference in your gaian life (and how they made it) :
Honestly no.

This guild is my last ounce of faith in gaia.

Should keep to myself

I try to make a difference every day I wake up.

hmmm.... In an uncensored point of veiw, I seem rude sometimes and offensive. I am just blunt and honest, if you think im being mean, know this. I dont lie. I try not to be mean smile I love offering help and being nice, however theres some people you just cant avoid.. We all know those kind of Gaians...  

shinigamithekidd

4,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100

wolfion

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 pm
Username (or real name would be nice) : Jon but call me jazer
Location/Region (place where you are) :Vegas baby lol
Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) : 18

Video games, books, logical quotes, classical music, hard rock, Jpop, techno, dj, many other music styles, to many things lol

My talents and gifts : Can't say i'm very talented, i'm very nice though

What makes me smile :Cute animals
What makes me not smile : Animal/women abusers
Any gaian friends who made a difference in your gaian life (and how they made it) : N/A

Reason for joining the guild: Invited

So am i ready to make a difference?? : I want to

hmmm.. anything else to say about yourself?? My name is Jon my close friend calls me Jazer, sadly i'm dropping out of college by the end of the week, i'm very nice, i'm a nerd, i DO believe in chivalry, i love snoopy and dr. pepper  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:57 am
Username (or real name would be nice) : Henri
Location/Region (place where you are) : United Kingdom/England
Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) : 18

Interests (may list links to let others know what interests you) : socializing, listening to all sorts of music, reading articles online.

My talents and gifts : lol i'm double jointed, I'm not sure on what else

What makes me smile : seeing other people smile
What makes me not smile : seeing a friend in pain or them being upset

Reason for joining the guild: Invitation
Expectations from the guild: New gaia friends

So am i ready to make a difference??
Hopefully (:

Sometimes I can take thingstoo seriously D:

Scratch and win

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:54 am
Username (or real name would be nice) : while it is not my real name call me Nala
Location/Region (place where you are) : I residein new york state
Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) : I am 28 years old.

i am a huge naruhina fan and i am also a major animal and nature lover.

My talents and gifts :
gifted with a huge amount of wisdom and insight and have two talents one is my hearing and sight are very keen. and i am a natrual swimmer. (I love to swim more then anything)

What makes me smile :
helping people and animals, my training, and playing with animals.

guys that act dumb, people that are ignorant, and haveing to fight.
Any gaian friends who made a difference in your gaian life (and how they made it) : not to many people i tend to be the helper not the helpie.
Reason for joining the guild: To help people on and off gaia.

to help further advance gaia and the world.
Any cool suggestions for the guild: None that come to mind at this point in time

anytime.

hmmm.. anything else to say about yourself??don't ask to much about my personal life even my friends and famliy don't understand me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 pm
Username (or real name would be nice) : Almost Poetic // Elisabeth
Location/Region (place where you are) : Pennsylvania
Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) : 6 // 19

Literature, art & graphics, coding, lifehacking

My talents and gifts : Writing, art

What makes me smile : Things masquerading as other things (like tofu shaped
like a chicken, or a lollipop-shaped bar of soap), small & fuzzy animals =3
What makes me not smile : People giving insane reactions to innocent
comments, general rudeness, people that cannot accept others

Radeo - Owner of the Only Exception Charity Guild; I gave her the guild since
she was questing one (and I wasn't using it) and she turned it into a charity and
made me a Vice Captain, which inspired my love to donate to people.
SweetViolentUrge - My boss of an old bumping service (currently closed down);
always listened and encouraged me to help others in new ways
Berly333 - Owner of Berly's World; inspired me to be more nice
FableCat - Always nice and just generally a good person

The charity guild I'm a part of has a subforum here.

None

Any cool suggestions for the guild:

I haven't been here long enough to suggest anything

Yes! ^^

Hmmm.. anything else to say about yourself??
I'm obsessed with LifeHacking and information, so I always have something
fun to share in confusing or troublesome situations. I'm also incredibly intuitive
and very good with leadership roles (which I'm commonly assigned), as wells as
independent roles. I am great at math and science, but I am also very eloquent
in writing. I'm a natural problem-solver and also a slight perfectionist at times.

Almost Poetic

Micarst

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:51 pm
Username (or real name would be nice) : Micarst / Sheryl
Location/Region (place where you are) : Indiana (Insanitaruim)
Age (maybe gaian or real age would be nice) : 25 IRL - as of today

Sci fi and fantasy books, Dragonriders of Pern roleplay, MMORPGs, video games, tabletop RP, most movies that aren't pure western / horror, most types of music (especially celtic, new age, and rock), cooking, paganism, playgrounds... ^^

My talents and gifts : Making babies? Lol... not anymore, I'm tied now ^^ - I guess I'm good at cooking, but I'm better at singing in the shower. I even wrote a nifty song once.

What makes me smile : Kids, critters, kisses, good plots, doing things right
What makes me not smile : Unfairness in the world, injustice, wasteful government spending (like Congress blowing money on bottled water when it's the same crap that comes out of water fountains), bickering versus debate, actually, a lot of things I guess...

Adonis Flamewalker - my husband... I wouldn't have had kids or any type of quality life without him.
Stark Raveling Mad - my DRoP roleplay guild captain (Telgar Weyr)... she is just an all around awesome roleplayer. Can't have too many of those! Hell, can't ever have enough!

Reason for joining the guild: I was sent an invitation, so here I am.

Expectations from the guild: None really, just another place to chat. =)

Any cool suggestions for the guild: Err, not yet, maybe I'll get back to ya'll on that.

So am i ready to make a difference?? : I should hope so.

Hmmm.. anything else to say about yourself?? : I am a proud member of the following-
http://www.change.org
http://www.savewolves.org
http://www.heifer.org
http://www.arborday.org/

I may not be able to donate to every cause I see as worthy, but I do what little I can here and there.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:41 pm
You may call me Star.

I live somewhere in a sand pit which is somehow a step up from my hometown (although both are freezing right now).

I joined Gaia nearly four years ago when I was 16.

I enjoy music and languages as well as theatre and art.

People always call me smart and say that I have a great singing voice and that I'm a good actress...

I smile at random moments for random reasons. No one thing really can provoke my smile.

Mornings are the worst...

I don't have any gaian friends who made a difference, really, however, random strangers can give good advice at times and can be very generous.

I was invited by the VC because of my new guild, For the Love of Boobs.

I'm really not sure what to expect. neutral

I don't know how I would make a difference, but I guess I could give it a shot.  

Starberry_Sundae

Shirtless Giver

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 am
star_princess_2009
You may call me Star.

I live somewhere in a sand pit which is somehow a step up from my hometown (although both are freezing right now).

I joined Gaia nearly four years ago when I was 16.

I enjoy music and languages as well as theatre and art.

People always call me smart and say that I have a great singing voice and that I'm a good actress...

I smile at random moments for random reasons. No one thing really can provoke my smile.

Mornings are the worst...

I don't have any gaian friends who made a difference, really, however, random strangers can give good advice at times and can be very generous.

I was invited by the VC because of my new guild, For the Love of Boobs.

I'm really not sure what to expect. neutral

I don't know how I would make a difference, but I guess I could give it a shot.

everyone can make a difference in there own way. have you tryed jokeing it is a hard job to make people smile but one smile can change a persons whole world.  
❥~ M.A.D. Starfish

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff