Yes
  No
  I don't know
View Results

Berezi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:49 pm
LadyAmbrosia
Ri-san
Being married to a non-believer can end brutally. I mean I know some women whose husbands make fun of them for going to church, and put them down about it.

It's probably too early for you to think about marriage. Now going out with a non-believer can be alright. After all, it gives you an oportunity to witness to them.

That's what the girls at church are telling me too, they say I'm ready to settle, and were praising God that he has a girlfriend... meh, I'm trying to go out with someone else now though, I got tired of waiting.

Whatever your motive, I doubt it's love. Maybe a strong liking, but not love....be patient and wait for God to put love in your life. Seeking after it will only waste your time.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:37 pm
LadyAmbrosia
K, so, from what I understand the reason we are not supposed to marry non-beleivers is because the will corrupt your children. So, what if you decide not to have children, could you marry one then. I ask this because the only person I have ever really had a connection with is not Christian, he beleives that we are an alien experiment rolleyes , anyway, I never had a shot before, but now he's broken up with his girlfriend of 3 years, so I'm considering asking him out, but I'm not going to if it could never get that far. I don't want to waste my time, but I have alway's thought he could be the one.

tell me why you care
*checks date*
well that ends that

blah blah blah
heart of hearts
dogma blah blah  

lordstar

iRTsuki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:25 pm
Glorified Soul
rftkfan
Cometh The Inquisitor
I believe that the passage in the bible ("do not be yoked together with unbelievers" 2 Corinthians 6:14) is more of a precaution. I believe that, as long as your relationship does not detract from your faith, then it is acceptable to date a non-believer.
You think too much. You can be so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good. I work with more unbelivers then any thing. I do not mess anything I love living and will continue to do so.

Um, what exactly are you saying...?

And I must agree with Cometh. If the nonbeiliever is not getting in the way of your walk with Christ, then alright. Though, it's kind of fruitless. I believe that true love cannot be achieved without Christ being in the relationship. Love requires a spiritual bond made only by Jesus. Without that bond, love cannot be attained.

1 John 4:16 (New International Version)
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

i kind of disagree on that, my fiance (yes fiance we are engaged and plan to marry) is christian, his love for me is wonderful as is my love for him, i love how he is commitied to his faith and believes what he believes. i am what you would call your non believer, but this hasnt stoped us from emotionally, and spiritualy bonding, i enjoy my talks with him about religon, we both learn from eachother and hold eachother up when we are down, regardless if i believe. we love eachother for who we are, it is a true love that we have attained.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:31 am
Oh WOW no,no,no
malo malo.
bad,bad.
DOn't EVER date a non-believer!!EVER!!
It's just like gravity.
If some one is a non-believer, it is easier for them to pull u down, than it is for u to pull thm up! xp  

the new isaac

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:28 pm
the new isaac
Oh WOW no,no,no
malo malo.
bad,bad.
It's just like gravity.
If some one is a non-believer, it is easier for them to pull u down, than it is for u to pull thm up! xp
Except that that's not really true.

I've been with an atheist for seven years, and if anything, that relationship saved my faith. Not because my lover shoved scripture under my nose, but because that love gave me something much more valuble than someone to read the Bible with me or sit next to me in church.

I do think that you should be careful about becoming involved with someone who has different beliefs from you, but saying that "non-believers" are bound to draw you away from you faith is utter bull. Yes, I'm sure that some will, but it's ridiculously naive to think that just because someone isn't Christian means that they're not worth your time and can't possibly benefit your life and your faith at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:16 am
i think dating a muslim or jew is fine because they believe in the same god,are mentioned in the bible and simliar.  

PoppyDadswell

iRTsuki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:08 pm
the new isaac
Oh WOW no,no,no
malo malo.
bad,bad.
It's just like gravity.

wow you couldnt make it seem more incorrect there. In fact my fiance being a believer, i fully support him in his faith, if anything i help him by giving him my support to stay commited to somthing so important to him. we never pull eachother down... ever. ive already talked about this in detail in another guild the unashamed one you can read how we discussed it there.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:09 pm
SinfulGuillotine
the new isaac
Oh WOW no,no,no
malo malo.
bad,bad.
It's just like gravity.

I've been with an atheist for seven years, and if anything, that relationship saved my faith. Not because my lover shoved scripture under my nose, but because that love gave me something much more valuble than someone to read the Bible with me or sit next to me in church.

I do think that you should be careful about becoming involved with someone who has different beliefs from you, but saying that "non-believers" are bound to draw you away from you faith is utter bull. Yes, I'm sure that some will, but it's ridiculously naive to think that just because someone isn't Christian means that they're not worth your time and can't possibly benefit your life and your faith at all.

QFT, yes regardless of religion you should be careful who you come involved with anyway, because you may not be a match even if you both are "believers"  

iRTsuki

The G-Bomb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:01 pm
SinfulGuillotine

I would like to hear the various ways how your lover encourages you in your faith and pushes you to be more like Christ.

SinfulGuillotine

While I can agree with that, doing so is playing with fire.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:25 pm
The G-Bomb
I would like to hear the various ways how your lover encourages you in your faith and pushes you to be more like Christ.
Our relationship renewed my faith in God in ways that are deeply personal, and that I'm not going to share on a public internet forum. Sorry. If my justification really matters that much to you, you can PM me.

Quote:
While I can agree with that, doing so is playing with fire.
Getting into any relationship is "playing with fire." If you let anyone, regardless of their religious faith, get close to you, that gives them the power to bring you down. That's a reality. Your spouse being Christian does not make you immune from the negative effects of an unhealthy relationship. And to think that a relationship will automatically be healthy simply because both involved call themselves Christians is naive and narrow-minded.  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

Kittey-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:44 am
Here's a question. Say you date this person, or another non-christian and one thing leads to another (as they can in any relationship) and you find yourself starting to get off into a land where you're not comfortable with your relationship with God anymore. What would you, personally, do?
Would you break up with him flat?
Would you tell yourself it was ok, that you were just being paranoid?
Would you explain to him what was going on, and why?

I think that if you know it was the third answer, then that is a person you could go out with. Its important to not put *any* person between you and God. Think about it- your relationship with God is going to last forever. Your relationship with the person? As long as you live.

I know a lot of people will go on and on about how bad it is to date a non-believer, and they do have a lot of truth in their arguements. It is difficult.
*BUT* you can't expect to find someone perfectly devoted to God, it just won't happen. And its better to date a non-believer and know what you're getting into, than to date a pseudo-christian who's only "Christian" to appease their family, or because they 'grew up that way', and who has no actual relationship with God.

-that said? I think its better not to date at all 'till you're thinking you're ready to get married. Things get complicated, fast.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:08 pm
I don't know if it's really a sin to date a non-believer, but I think it's better to date someone who is Christian. The best advice I can give you is to pray about it. If God thinks this person is right for you, then great. He knows best.  

Xirapha

Rei003

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:19 am
The only thing I have trouble about dating non-believers is that they don't really understand about morals...they do understand and try their best to respect them, but they dont' fully understand...know what I mean? xp I went on a couple of dates witht his guy who is pagen, and truthfully I don't know if I want to go out with him because of that...not that I think he's a "heathen" or anything, I just don't want to get into any bad fights because of faith is so different...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:40 am
Rei003
The only thing I have trouble about dating non-believers is that they don't really understand about morals....
Not being Christian doesn't merit not having morals in any way, shape, or form. Religion is not the only thing that dictates a person's personal conduct.  

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

` J A C K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:15 am
As long as this person doesn't take you down with him,
Then no...
But if you plan on marrying this person,
Then I say yes.
Because when you get married then their burden becomes your burden,
And vise versa.
My dad's a big ministry person, been with YWAM, and lots of other things,
He's now a pastor,
And he says that one of the worst things you could do is marry someone who's not a Christian, because they slowly rip at you, until either you've got a divorce, or you're not a Christian anymore.
My dad was once married to an unbeliever, and they ended up in divorce...

You should try to convert the person.
XDDD
Anyways, if you don't particularly like my advice,
I say pray about it.
Pray about it anyways.
Because God will answer your call.

Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers