Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
The Christian God: Truth From a Stong Christian Follower Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:39 am
Yuki_no_Joo
Shilberu Erikku
Yuki_no_Joo
Personally I think everyone should take a chill pill on religion. If you look very closely at all religions and how alike they all are. Christianity also has many forms like Judaism, Catholic, Presbyterian, Quaker, ext. I was raised Quaker and even tried Buddhism for a year when I was 10. I think we should respect all forms of religion. Unless it's a like a cult that tries to kill people or other religions. And it doesn't if you believe there's a heaven or how you get up into heaven.

Judiasm is NOT a form of christianity! I know this 'cause I happen to be jewish scream .

I was talking about Messianic Jews, sorry to get you all worked up it was a simple error while typing. But Judaism is close to Christianity and Quakerism. I would know about that cause my Quaker meeting house shares is with a Jewish synagogue.

Just because we share religious text, doesn't make us close. There's a whole list of differing ethics and philosophies.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 am
Shilberu Erikku

Just because we share religious text, doesn't make us close. There's a whole list of differing ethics and philosophies.

Sharing a religious text can make it close- identical, no- but close? I think- especially since Jesus was Jewish, Judaism and Christianity are in the same neighborhood.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:52 am
Esiris
Shilberu Erikku

Sharing a religious text can make it close- identical, no- but close? I think- especially since Jesus was Jewish, Judaism and Christianity are in the same neighborhood.

They may be in the same neighborhood, but they're on different streets.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:59 am
Shilberu Erikku

The real difference is that Christianity rearranges the order of the Jewish commandments importance. Anything else is filler- because the style isn't the core of the religions, they're not orthopraxic faiths.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Niko Narshe

Rich Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:56 am
Esiris
Shilberu Erikku

The real difference is that Christianity rearranges the order of the Jewish commandments importance. Anything else is filler- because the style isn't the core of the religions, they're not orthopraxic faiths.

No one of the differences in Judaism and Christianity is that,in the Jewish belief Jesus was a teacher and not recognized as a Messiah,while in Christianity they thought Jesus was god and he was in fact the Messiah.Both take two different directions in the way they see him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:10 am
Thief of Narshe

No one of the differences in Judaism and Christianity is that,in the Jewish belief Jesus was a teacher and not recognized as a Messiah,while in Christianity they thought Jesus was god and he was in fact the Messiah.Both take two different directions in the way they see him.

None of which is that important because they worship the same god- their priorities on how they do that, by Love or by Law is the real difference.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Yuki_no_Joo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:04 pm
Esiris
Shilberu Erikku

Exactly people should stop looking at the differences. If we do then there will just be more fighting. Just like people, religions are all unique. So just like people there no reason they can't coexist as neighbors.
.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:24 pm
Yuki_no_Joo

Exactly people should stop looking at the differences. If we do then there will just be more fighting. Just like people, religions are all unique. So just like people there no reason they can't coexist as neighbors.

I think there are some religions that shouldn't be protected- not because of their beliefs but because of how they hurt others.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Niko Narshe

Rich Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:36 pm
Yuki_no_Joo

That's a very naive way to put it.You can't really stop people's views because everyone see's everything different.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:26 pm
Esiris
Yuki_no_Joo

I think there are some religions that shouldn't be protected- not because of their beliefs but because of how they hurt others.

That is true, like those who are in the KKK. But a lot of religions get bad raps cause there are some bad people in them. Like my friend who's Muslim, some random jerk called her a terrorist.  

Yuki_no_Joo

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:48 pm
i was raised christian, lost my faith due to deep depression. if you want to believe in him or her or whatever the frig the mystic person in the sky is, be my guest, i won't look down on you. also i won't look down on dude-you-worship because as i said, atheist.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:08 am
Shilberu Erikku
I say we should just destroy all faith and just accept that life is meaningless.

Yes, yes, and we can all descend into apathetic sedation and our whole society can simply cease, and everyone simply allow themselves to die, and it will be no loss, because life and society were meaningless to begin with.

...Or of course, we could just make the best of what we have, and rather than subscribe to the frankly ridiculous notion that life is meaningless; accept that we simply haven't discovered it's meaning yet, and likely never will.
I mean, since when did futility stop life from trying. That's one of the most wonderful things about life.  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items