Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Favorite Christian literature?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fide et Amore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:19 pm
I was at the bookstore today and I cosidered buying some C.S. Lewis, but I had only ever read his fiction, which, while I highly enjoyed, is not the same as nonfiction. I don't really like reading nonfiction. So I'm looking to see if you have any to recommend, that I can get engrossed in.

So, does anyone want to share some of their favorite books? I'm looking for anything here; essays about christianity, inspirational stories, religious fiction. Please share some of your favorites smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 am
My favorite Christian fiction is the Pilgrim's Progress. It has been class the best book next to the Bible. Pilgrim's Progress catalogs the journey of Christian, a man who is seeking his salvation on a pilgrimage to Heaven. Along the way, Christian encounters many obstacles that test his faith as well as many characters that are useful in showing him the difference between right and wrong, from the perspective of Christian religious faith. After Christian attains his heavenly reward, his family completes a pilgrimage to join him. Told as a dream, this seventeenth century religious classic uses Bible verses mixed with allegorical characters to preach its evangelist message.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

Three Mile Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:22 am
There are so many good books i could Recommend.

Of the bat i would Initially recommend "The Shack" "Discipline Through Grace" and "Pilgrims Progress"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:17 pm
Fide et Amore
I was at the bookstore today and I cosidered buying some C.S. Lewis, but I had only ever read his fiction, which, while I highly enjoyed, is not the same as nonfiction. I don't really like reading nonfiction. So I'm looking to see if you have any to recommend, that I can get engrossed in.

So, does anyone want to share some of their favorite books? I'm looking for anything here; essays about christianity, inspirational stories, religious fiction. Please share some of your favorites smile

Have you read "The Word"
It is fiction...but not very religious

"Conversations with God"
5 of 5 stars
Its a must read  

lordstar

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:53 pm
Armageddon Summer

It's a great piece of teen fiction I came across years ago. Wonderful romance and message.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:49 am
What about The Hobbit or the Lord of the Rings Trilogy? These are often over-looked. The author IS a Christian and although his writing do not always reflect that..It is easy to pick up on if you look for it.

Also, for a good quick read try 'I am not but I know I AM.' by Louie Giglio. It brings up questions that are not always easy to answer. Also, it introduces how small and finite we are while showing how large and infinite God is. This book really changed my out-look on life. =D  

11 Cardinal 11

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff