Submit

What demon do you believe in?
  Anime Type Demon
  Real Demon
View Results

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:55 pm
Cradoc
They arnt capable or doing good in they're hearts and they can't understand the Gospel (says this somwere in the Bible I'd have to go look it up....). but yeah thats all I got to say. ^.^

PEACE!!!

I'd disagree. They, being once heavenly beings, know the Bible in it's entirety. The Satan knows it cover to cover, word for word and can quote it from memory.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:45 am
Anime demons are obviously false, that's easy to say. They're like people with grumpy attitudes and fangs.

But sometimes I wonder if perhaps demons could be redeemed by God. Angels, after all, can be corrupted and become demons, would it be possible for a demon to return to the Lord?

Even if that were possible, though, it wouldn't be like the demons portrayed in anime, who quite clearly didn't stop being evil because of God but just managed to because all virtuous and heroic on their own. rolleyes 'Cause, y'know, that's cooler than being redeemed by God.  

Icy Winds

Luthien_Shy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:13 pm
I guess I don't understand why you would put up the option of anime demons if all you wanted to do was to see what kind of dumb person would believe in that. To me that sounds very unchristian and unloving.

Personally I believe in real demons, the kind that possess you. If you believe in the Word of God, you will believe in real demons.

Matthew 8:28-34
Mark 5:1-10
Acts 16:16-19
1 Timmothy 4:1-10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:56 pm
Icy Winds
But sometimes I wonder if perhaps demons could be redeemed by God. Angels, after all, can be corrupted and become demons, would it be possible for a demon to return to the Lord?

We don't know. The Bible never talks about it (though the bible is anthrocentric), but that doesn't mean it can't happen.  

ioioouiouiouio

AbbyGirlForever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:36 pm
I honestly do not understand why people think fallen angels are demons. Demons aren't fallen angels, and fallen angels aren't demons.

Why do people think this?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:52 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
I'd disagree. They, being once heavenly beings, know the Bible in it's entirety. The Satan knows it cover to cover, word for word and can quote it from memory.

There's a difference between "know" and "know." I can know about someone, and I can know someone. To know about someone is to have the knowledge of that person. To know someone is to be in some intimate relationship. Sure, Satan knows about the Gospel, but he doesn't know the Gospel. There are three important parts in faith. Knowledge (notitia), assent (assensus) and living faith (viva fide).

An unbeliever can have the knowledge of the Bible and know the ways of righteousness, but this is not saving faith. He can know about it, yet not be in agreement with it. The devil can (and does) have knowledge that Christ is the Son of the Most High God and be in agreement, yet have not saving faith. But the believer has all three: knowledge, agreement, and trusting in God.

The Word of God (logos Theou) states, "The god (ho theos) of this age (aion) has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light (phos) of the gospel of the glory of Christ (Christos), who is the image of God (imago Dei)" (2 Cor. 4:4). Furthermore, it also states this: "The man (anthropos) without the Spirit (pneuma) does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God (pneuma Theou), for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually (pneumatikos) discerned" (1 Cor. 2:14). These are, of course, in reference to those who are unregenerate. But, Satan is in enmity with God.  

Theopneustos

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:43 pm
abbygirlforever
I honestly do not understand why people think fallen angels are demons. Demons aren't fallen angels, and fallen angels aren't demons.

Why do people think this?

Because they are fallen angels.

They sided with The Satan in his Fall from Grace and were punished for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:44 pm
Theopneustos
There's a difference between "know" and "know." I can know about someone, and I can know someone. To know about someone is to have the knowledge of that person. To know someone is to be in some intimate relationship. Sure, Satan knows about the Gospel, but he doesn't know the Gospel.

err... yeah, that was what I was getting at.  

ioioouiouiouio

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:51 pm
Demons are as real as a tree is,but fake kinds arent nice.
Why do you think they arent in heaven??
Because there are in hell with satan due to there evil all of them are.
Anime demons are like the easter bunny or santa they are just another thing for someone (like movie makers) to make money,but we are smarter we know what they really are.

Pm me if you want me to go more in debt.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:21 am
I think it's dumb people saying they can be good. They decieve. In the bible Jesus casted them out so they are real. Remember though we have authority in Jesus's name.  

mejoel

11Catching_Stars11

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:09 am
I, personally, like to watch Inu-Yasha but i don't believe that the wolf/dog/cat/fox and well, any other type of animal demons on the show are real. They are made up characters from the person who made the story's imagination.

But i do believe in the Fallen Angels/Demons/Satan's Servants whatever you wanna call em XD
I had some personal experiences with demons and angels when i was younger (tis a looong story) and well, demons aren't anything you wanna mess around with.
I'm not scared of them cuz i'm a Christian but it's always good to be cautious.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:00 pm
Fierce_Deity12345
Cometh The Inquisitor
There are a large amount of different kinds of demons. From fallen angels, to fallen cherubim to fallen seraphim, to fallen... Well, you get the idea. Demon's are the angelic followers of The Satan (who was once an archangel, whose status was higher then Michael himself) who broke away from the Kingdom of God Almighty during the first Fall. It is possible that, during the event's that transpired around the nephilim that even more angelic beings were cast down, but this is unknown.

The 'first' type of 'demon' you mention is simply someone's imagination (a quality, that, I might add, is God-given)

I know what demons are, im just wondering what idiot would choose the first one as the 'real' demons.

It's quite simple: It's much easier to believe that demons are ugly, because then noone would ever follow them. But people do follow them because they appear lovely and tempting.

Even easier to believe is that demons can turn good, because it negates the consequences of rebelion.

But that's just my take on it.  

songsparrow

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:37 am
in theory, Demons can come in ANY FORM THEY WISH TO. And yes that includes the images depicted in anime of demons. they can come inthe form of a girl, boy, dog, cow....etc.

i mean think about. these are POWERFUL beings. why CANT they come in any image that they want? i dont see anything in the bible that says they cant do so, course theres nothign in the bible that says they can.

but i seriously doubt they dont have the ability of physical appearance of ANY form.

im pretty sure they can very well "sound" like anything they want to. i dont see why it would be hard for them to  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff