Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What demon do you believe in?
  Anime Type Demon
  Real Demon
View Results

Fierce_Deity12345

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:29 pm
Alright. Ive been wondering about something. Most of the time, there are two types of demons, one, i belive, is fake and the other is real. Demon type number one is the Anime Demon. Yes, the anime demon. The pitiful portrayal of a hell spawned being with and evil/menacing appearance, or in some cases, Inuyasha for example, a demon can be 'good'. rolleyes . Demon type number two, REAL demons. Teh type that can possess people, who work for Satan, and are the #1 Nemisis of God and Angels. IM ON GODS TEAM WOOT! Sorry..... Anyway, i was just thinking who takes the bull option *glances at type 1* or the real one.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:05 pm
huh question I thought there was only one.  

rftkfan

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:16 am
There are a large amount of different kinds of demons. From fallen angels, to fallen cherubim to fallen seraphim, to fallen... Well, you get the idea. Demon's are the angelic followers of The Satan (who was once an archangel, whose status was higher then Michael himself) who broke away from the Kingdom of God Almighty during the first Fall. It is possible that, during the event's that transpired around the nephilim that even more angelic beings were cast down, but this is unknown.

The 'first' type of 'demon' you mention is simply someone's imagination (a quality, that, I might add, is God-given)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:00 am
Very interesting . Did you see Amityville Horror? The demon was around a dwelling.  

rftkfan

[.teh.shmexeh.]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:42 am
Demons are, as explained by Cometh, followers of Satan. What now are demons used to be angels of God. Satan thought he could get the same power as God, and even higher, so he decieved, The Bible says, one third of the angels in heaven.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

That third are now demons.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:54 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
There are a large amount of different kinds of demons. From fallen angels, to fallen cherubim to fallen seraphim, to fallen... Well, you get the idea. Demon's are the angelic followers of The Satan (who was once an archangel, whose status was higher then Michael himself) who broke away from the Kingdom of God Almighty during the first Fall. It is possible that, during the event's that transpired around the nephilim that even more angelic beings were cast down, but this is unknown.

The 'first' type of 'demon' you mention is simply someone's imagination (a quality, that, I might add, is God-given)

I know what demons are, im just wondering what idiot would choose the first one as the 'real' demons.  

Fierce_Deity12345

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:04 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor

Agreed. It is also noteworthy that some of these fallen angels might have become warped in their seperation from God, by Lucifer's wrath, or due to some other means which would result in the common depiction of horned and scaly demons.
But consider this, in which form would demons be more effective at their tasks of perverting human sould. In the form of wicked creatures that any sane person would turn away from, or as their butiful, holy (or, now unholy) angelic selves. What is more likely is that demons still posess their charming, beautiful bodies, and that the church (at some point in time) decided to paint hideous demons to make them less attractive.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:09 pm
SECOND ONES!!!!
the first ones annoy me. stare  

Seority

Jedediah Smith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:13 pm
I don't want to be rude but can you guys provide some scripture to support most of the claims.

Evidence of different types of demon spirits is not found in scripture unless someone can correct me on the matter. Demonology is considered to be a shaky subject due to lack of detail in scripture about the nature of demons. However we must stick to scripture and not to far in logic reasoning.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:57 pm
Well, obviously anyone who believs in demons would say the "real" kind... (Because if you believe in something, you believe it's real.) but weather or not they're anything like the ones in anime, I have no idea. XD; I've never encountered a demon (at least not that I've noticed) so I can't say which kind I think exist. Maybe there are anime/Japanese-type demons running around in the form of foxes and raccoons.  

Guacamole-kun

Curium

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:49 am
Jedediah Smith
I don't want to be rude but can you guys provide some scripture to support most of the claims.

Evidence of different types of demon spirits is not found in scripture unless someone can correct me on the matter. Demonology is considered to be a shaky subject due to lack of detail in scripture about the nature of demons. However we must stick to scripture and not to far in logic reasoning.

well demonology, as you say doesn't rely that much on scripture because of the lack of scripture that talks about them. So, then why would we use scripture and not other sources that actually talk about it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:48 pm
Jedediah Smith

Well, we know that The Satan took a large number of the Heavenly Host with him when he fell. So we might be able to assume that a couple of each kind of angelic being went with him. I mean, The Satan was an archangel.

and, anyways, why is this important in the first place? The anime demons are fictional and, as long as they stay that way, are no more danger to people then winnie the pooh.  

ioioouiouiouio

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:49 pm
Guacamole-kun
Maybe there are anime/Japanese-type demons running around in the form of foxes and raccoons.

hehe, the ones trying to put backwards masking on CDs. XD

Brad Stein is funny.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:21 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Jedediah Smith

Well, we know that The Satan took a large number of the Heavenly Host with him when he fell. So we might be able to assume that a couple of each kind of angelic being went with him. I mean, The Satan was an archangel.
That is an interesting point; perhaps I need to look in this subject more deeper.  

Jedediah Smith

Cradoc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:46 pm
Demons wander the Earth because they're stuck here theres not much they can do about it they hate us because what we represent, God YHWH The All-Powerful, We are stamped with His face everone of us and we also love to create things and have power as He does we were made in His image that is why they hate us because we remind them of Him

Demons are simply fallen angels that rebelled against God and sometimes try to tempt us to do wrong(other times its just normal temptation) but God doesn't allow them to tempt us more than we can stand but sometimes we just give in and this is classified as sin.

Anime Demons only exist in imaginations and stories and myth real Demons will never be nice to you without a evil intention behind it. They arnt capable or doing good in they're hearts and they can't understand the Gospel (says this somwere in the Bible I'd have to go look it up....). but yeah thats all I got to say. ^.^

PEACE!!!  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces