Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Similarities between McGee's Alice and Burton's AiW Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 am
Azure Caterpillar
Yeah I agree, besides I think McGee's Alice will probably still be more twisted than Burton's. McGee's Alice isn't meant for kids after all, it's practicallly a horror.

I second this, which is why I'm rather looking forward to McGee's more. Burton's is associated with Disney after all, and they're associated with kids stuff. So expect it to be tame. In the words of Johnny Depp in PotC: "There's no swearing in a Disney movie, mate."

I heard somewhere once that both movie plots were somehow related to Looking Glass Wars. Any thoughts on that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 pm
I don't know about Burton's, but I doubt McGee's is. After all McGee's Alice was made before The Looking Glass Wars was first published, and I'm pretty sure the movie is going to follow the first game's storyline.

One thing that is simular between McGee's and Looking Glass Wars is the role of the Caterpillar, in both he's an oracle.  

Azure Caterpillar

Eraia_Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:15 pm
Azure Caterpillar
McGee's Alie is a video game for the PC that was made in 2000, a second game and apparently a movie is being made at the moment.
Really?! I can't wait! That's going to be one of the best horror movies since Alice was in an asylum. Hopefully they make it as good as the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:39 pm
there are a few similarities for sure.
I have been obsessed with Mcgee's game ever since in came out though (the first one) and I feel that the games story line is a lot better than Tim Burton's movie.
I seriously suggest that those who dont know what the game is really about go look on youtube and watch a Let's Play and see how the game is, its fantastic.An amazing play if you get a chance, too.
I do love Burton's version though too, but I highly doubt that he tried to copy the game, especially since it is so old.

and just so everyone knows, the idea of having a Mcgee's version of Alice turned into a movie was scrapped, so there will be no film (at least not for a loooong time) although I do think it may not turn out well as a film  

Sammiie in Wonderland

750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:11 pm
Sammiie in Wonderland
there are a few similarities for sure.
I have been obsessed with Mcgee's game ever since in came out though (the first one) and I feel that the games story line is a lot better than Tim Burton's movie.
I seriously suggest that those who dont know what the game is really about go look on youtube and watch a Let's Play and see how the game is, its fantastic.An amazing play if you get a chance, too.
I do love Burton's version though too, but I highly doubt that he tried to copy the game, especially since it is so old.

and just so everyone knows, the idea of having a Mcgee's version of Alice turned into a movie was scrapped, so there will be no film (at least not for a loooong time) although I do think it may not turn out well as a film
I agree the Game is excellent. The new game Madness Returns is also fun I wish the movie had not been scrapped the story and imagery are Fantastic! biggrin  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff