Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
Certain sounds in different languages that you like...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Fon Fabre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:20 pm
My bad about the strangely-worded question but are there any sounds in different languages that you like?

Personally, the Spanish "j" is my favorite, in Castilian Spanish, where it's pronounced roughly as /x/ according to most people but cooler lol). xP

You guys?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Russian "х". It's sort of like a hard "kha" from the back of the throat. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's definitely my favourite.  

Cold Shower

[neon.zombie]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:33 pm
Rolled 'r's in Finnish. <3  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:57 pm
Spanish "j" and German "ch" (as in "ich")  

Moonlight_Naida

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm
That Portuguese and French "Zh" sound. It's pertty. Except I don't really like French.... so yeah. I like the Japanese "Tsu" and the R which is kind of like the Spanish R, except not actually rolled. It's fun to speak in German with words such as "Deutsche" where almost every letter is almost always said- meaning you say it like "Doit-chuh". The entire language is like that, which gives it the rough, choppy sound. But I think it's fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:19 pm
Yea I think the rolled "r" in just about any language sounds cool xp
Too bad it's not used in English :/

Lord Fon Fabre

Im A Little Pea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:07 am
I also like rolled R's. And I guess I like the English "th" as well, although when combined with the English r I just find myself unable to pronounce it. That's how "three" becomes "twee" or something.
I love the Lithuanian ž and č, and the Arabic q. They make speaking so much more fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:49 pm
I love the German /tje/-like sound like in the word "brötchen".

Also, the lisp-y /s/, in Spanish from Spain. It's so fun, to speak like that, with friends in Spanish class. Even though we all learnt with South-American Spanish. mrgreen  

FedExcore.

Lord Fon Fabre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:41 pm
FedExcore.
I love the German /tje/-like sound like in the word "brötchen".

Also, the lisp-y /s/, in Spanish from Spain. It's so fun, to speak like that, with friends in Spanish class. Even though we all learnt with South-American Spanish. mrgreen

I know! I'm like obsessed with Castilian Spanish...especially the distinción and ceceo...it's so different from the Anglicized Spanish that's (pretty much) the only dialect you ever hear in the U.S. besides Cuban Spanish down here in Florida. (Neither of which IMO sounds better than Castilian Spanish).  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:42 am
I don't like rolled R's D: possibly because I can't do them, but shh...  

Daionii

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:46 am
Daionii

It's like purring but voiced.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:43 am
Prince Rilian
Daionii

It's like purring but voiced.

Oh, I know how to do them :3 they just don't come naturally to me. Not in speech anyway, I tend to just do an alveolar tap :/  

Daionii

The Star is Vain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:35 am
I like the German "ch" sound (the gentler sound I'm accustomed to hearing, not so much when it's really harsh or forceful). I also really like "t" sounds that aren't too breathy, and the unvoiced "th" sound it English. L sounds are lovely. I don't really like rolled R's.  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games