Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
And he was like, George Bush doesn't care about black people Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grayed
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:18 am
Keep it to New Orleans and Kanye West, please. Iraq and war can be discussed in another thread, if someone cares to make one.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:17 pm
I can agree with that New Orleans need our support as does all costal cities.  

rftkfan

RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:37 pm
Seority

all i see is that us lazy americans have to blame the problems on other ppl which makes for a lousy unity between any of us.

Who are you calling lazy? If you wanna call yourself lazy, go right on ahead. But I work for what I've got, come home bone tired, and take the time to be a father to my children. I'm anything but lazy, and I can't be the only one. I do my part in this country, and I have EVERY RIGHT to expect my leaders to take my best interest to heart. And the right to vocalize my displeasure when they screw up.

As far as unity...it's hard to unify when there are 5 or 6 different stories to every issue. We're a nation divided, because we are a nation of diversity. Never, will any one issue be met eye to eye by all sides. It just won't happen.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:39 pm
rftkfan
You want to talk about fighting with morals. About why we are there. Talk about that to a woman who loved her husband that is DEAD because of this war. Talk to his kids who will not see daddy this christmas or any other christmas. We are fighting with morals in a place we have no business being in. I see her every day. She works for me. Where I work we are doing something for her and her kids.

hey stuff happens, and all we can do is get threw it. God dosent give us a trial we can get threw ^_^. right now i have many rules bogged down on me because im still under my parents house. i shouldnt complain or argue because this is how it is, what i should do is just go wiht what must be done and GET THREW IT, what dosent kill you makes you stronger (sometimes)  

Seority

Seority

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:44 pm
razorgod
Seority

all i see is that us lazy americans have to blame the problems on other ppl which makes for a lousy unity between any of us.

Who are you calling lazy? If you wanna call yourself lazy, go right on ahead. But I work for what I've got, come home bone tired, and take the time to be a father to my children. I'm anything but lazy, and I can't be the only one. I do my part in this country, and I have EVERY RIGHT to expect my leaders to take my best interest to heart. And the right to vocalize my displeasure when they screw up.

As far as unity...it's hard to unify when there are 5 or 6 different stories to every issue. We're a nation divided, because we are a nation of diversity. Never, will any one issue be met eye to eye by all sides. It just won't happen.

well thats good your working and not taking breaks.
but you still have no right to complain. what has happened has happened, adn you gotta deal with it (which i believe you do but anywho..)
and yes you do have the right to volcalize, but not critisize. pointing your finger at somebody else and blame the issue on them maybe because you think that since you work your butt of and they dont, that they desrve the blame, or for what ever reason.
im just saying not to put our problem on one person and make him deal with it. we should all do our share to get things back to 'normal' (as you so clearly said your doing so good job! ^_^)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:48 pm
Seority

but you still have no right to complain. what has happened has happened, adn you gotta deal with it (which i believe you do but anywho..)
and yes you do have the right to volcalize, but not critisize.

I not only have the right to complain and critisize, I have an obligation to do so. When our government ISN't doing the job it is supposed to do, I absolutely have an obligation to say so. In as loud a voice as I possibly can. Everyone does.

I can absolutely say that our President has taken our country places we shouldn't be, and I absolutely have the right to say that the Government dropped the ball in regards to the disaster that was Katrina. Was it just Bush? No, absolutely not. It was N.O.'s local government as well. But someone should absolutely be held accountable, what happens when we need these people to do their jobs again? If there are no consequences in reagards to governmental failure... The people who made these mistakes need to know that the American people won't tolerate this kind of failure, we expect better...and are entitled to better. But do you tink they will ever know this if we all just sit on our thumbs and shut up? No. They won't.

Change is often times brought forth from civil unrest. Mao Tse Tung taught us that.  

RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:50 pm
My apologies Grayed, I should nothave gotten off topic.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:13 am
Wiht the help of people that care for her she will make it through.  

rftkfan

Seority

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:33 pm
razorgod
Seority

and yes you do have the right to volcalize, but not critisize.

I not only have the right to complain and critisize, I have an obligation to do so. When our government ISN't doing the job it is supposed to do, I absolutely have an obligation to say so. In as loud a voice as I possibly can. Everyone does.

I can absolutely say that our President has taken our country places we shouldn't be, and I absolutely have the right to say that the Government dropped the ball in regards to the disaster that was Katrina. Was it just Bush? No, absolutely not. It was N.O.'s local government as well. But someone should absolutely be held accountable, what happens when we need these people to do their jobs again? If there are no consequences in reagards to governmental failure... The people who made these mistakes need to know that the American people won't tolerate this kind of failure, we expect better...and are entitled to better. But do you tink they will ever know this if we all just sit on our thumbs and shut up? No. They won't.

Change is often times brought forth from civil unrest. Mao Tse Tung taught us that.

ok, sorry. i guess i said it wrong, but anyway, i appolgize

i guess what i should of said is that i think we shouldnt complain. yeah sure, we 'deserve' better, with our furnished homes, tvs, computer, schools. we really deserve more dont we? (being sarcastic)
to make it clearer, this is totally my opinion. im around too many ppl that just sit there and complain about everything, like they have the whole world against them, so sorry if i said anything aggresive. i guess im just tired of ppl thinking of themselves too much ^_^'  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:26 pm
Seority

i guess what i should of said is that i think we shouldnt complain. yeah sure, we 'deserve' better, with our furnished homes, tvs, computer, schools. we really deserve more dont we? (being sarcastic)

I wasn't talking about materialistic "better", I was talking about politicians who do better by the people. Rather than squander our children's future for the purpose of obtaining campaign contributions or making a quick profit...our country has a very myopic view lately, and it's our children who will pay for it.  

RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:04 pm
razorgod
I wasn't talking about materialistic "better", I was talking about politicians who do better by the people. Rather than squander our children's future for the purpose of obtaining campaign contributions or making a quick profit...our country has a very myopic view lately, and it's our children who will pay for it.

What do you mean 'Our children'? Son, I AM the guy getting screwed here. I don't get social security, I don't get political stability, I get a country AT LEAST 10 trillion in debt (at the very least).

People wonder why I hope for the eventual fall of the western world to happen sooner rather then later.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:28 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
razorgod

What do you mean 'Our children'? Son, I AM the guy getting screwed here. I don't get social security, I don't get political stability, I get a country AT LEAST 10 trillion in debt (at the very least).

People wonder why I hope for the eventual fall of the western world to happen sooner rather then later.
You want the fall of the western world? As the saying goes you do not like the western world or the country I love then get the hell out. and I do not mean heck.  

rftkfan

Seority

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:42 pm
rftkfan
Cometh The Inquisitor
razorgod

You want the fall of the western world? As the saying goes you do not like the western world or the country I love then get the hell out. and I do not mean heck.

you dont have a right to kick ppl out you know. (what saying was that from?)
i dont know if he really WANTS this society to fall, but its gonna happen one day, so i guess hes just not resisting that, same as me. we're not trying to make it fall faster, we're just expecting it to break, thats all. (i think)
and cometh, our gov. isnt HORRIBLE TERRIBLE UGLY (at least not ot me) its good enough to be called a gov. but yes i do think it has MANY MANY MANY ways that it could improve to make life nicer, but thats life i guess. ^_^'  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:00 pm
I think that he was just tryin to get attention, and that it was all B.S. Period.  

Gods Jester

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:48 pm
rftkfan

I didn't say that I wanted western society to fall (though, some times I look at the western society and the thought crosses my mind). I merely predicted it as an inevitability and stated when I would like that inevitability to occour.

America WILL fall and take the rest of the western world with it, and we will most likely be the generation around to see it happen. Given the current rate of societal decay and comparing it to the precendents (rome, for example) I'd say that we are in the final stages of stagnation and will fall somewhere between 30-50 years from now. This, of course, will be shortened even more (10-20 years) if China can keep up it's rapid takeover of the business market.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff