Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Alice in Wonderland Based Manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:15 pm
Seriously, you do. XD They're addicting series..!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:04 pm
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland is a good manga by CLAMP. It's a single book of a bunch of short stories like Miyuki-chan in Wonderland, Miyuki-chan in Looking Glass Land and others that are all funny. heart  

Blue Alice

A DEADLY KITT3N

10,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:31 pm
the reason why people dont like the disney version is because certain people like me like things to be exactly like the book. and disneys was not they didnt even put in the jabberwocky because of fear of scaring. but yet i love the disney version but not as much as ones that follow the book like the 1985 all star version. idk i think thats why...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:55 pm
@ Blue Alice: Oooh... that sounds really cute! I'll have to look for it! CLAMP tends to do really well with it's stuff. *nodnod*

vampire_Misty123: Haha, your sig pic makes me smile!

*sweat drops* Well, (no offense meant, by the way!!) that doesn't make too much sense. After all, the Jabberwock isn't in the original books; a story-song about the death of the Jabberwock is. And that song shows up in the movie; the Cheshire Cat sings it. And on that matter very rarely does any remake follow the book(s) very closely; number one being lingering copyright laws and number two because there's just too much coolness opportunities to limit anything. XD Plus the original books were written based on many school lessons (hence all the reciting and the songs) which aren't as easy to understand these days since we teach our kids differently, so remakers rarely go to the trouble of including them all.

Again, no offense meant, friend! *bowbowbow*

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

A DEADLY KITT3N

10,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:20 pm
hehe it makes me smile too i love heart sarah michelle gellar and her being alice makes me smile i hope they do make that movie soon smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:10 am
Also not to mention the 1985 version you mentioned changed Alice's nationality to American I think, that isn't to the book is it? XD I doubt any movie has ever done the story completely to the book. I'm guessing it also had scenes from both books? Usually movies change things to suit the style of the movie and such.

Technically if Disney had made the movie completely like the book, it would just be 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' and would have nothing to do with 'Through the Looking Glass', so therefore the Jabberwocky poem wouldn't of even been in the movie.  

Azure Caterpillar

De-Throned Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:59 pm
User Image
I dear say! My sister has found another Manga Series! Are You Alice? Manga

I will be spending most of my day reading it! xd ALL MANGA! heart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 pm
I've heard of both of these, but I havent read them yet.. oooo maybe start this tonite??... ^__^  

Musa_Fairy

Musa_Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:22 pm
Mad Hatter Spiffy
User Image

I read it and it looks really weird! But i like it... the hatter is funny and why is the Queen a man??... so confused there..  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 am
Sakura_Element
Mad Hatter Spiffy
User Image

I read it and it looks really weird! But i like it... the hatter is funny and why is the Queen a man??... so confused there..
User Image
I care not! Twas quite delightful! biggrin

Also, has anyone noticed that the Manga series always pair up White Rabbit with Alice? ninja

De-Throned Queen

Musa_Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:17 am
Mad Hatter Spiffy
Sakura_Element
Mad Hatter Spiffy
User Image

User Image
I care not! Twas quite delightful! biggrin

Also, has anyone noticed that the Manga series always pair up White Rabbit with Alice? ninja

yess thats really weird... but he is the one who leads Alice to WOnderland  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 am
Spiffy that manga confused me. I was like...'Wait, who's a guy and who's a girl here?' XD

Also I have to read the other manga's posted here still, but I'm guessing the other two are long so I've been putting it off until I have time to read them completely.  

Azure Caterpillar

HeartSeeker Sora

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 pm
Azure Caterpillar
Spiffy that manga confused me. I was like...'Wait, who's a guy and who's a girl here?' XD

Also I have to read the other manga's posted here still, but I'm guessing the other two are long so I've been putting it off until I have time to read them completely.
____________♥Hidden ✖ Ace♦____________
So far, Heart no Kuni no Alice = 17 chapters so far. 3nodding And, lol. Are you Alice? is so twisted but I love it! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:49 pm
I was slightly confused at what was going on, but I think I've figured it out now. XD  

Azure Caterpillar

Musa_Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:29 pm
yesss.. for the Are you Alice?... manga you kind of have to read it a couple of times to understand exactly what they are talking about....  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games