Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
American McGee's Alice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:55 pm
Yeah, American McGee said it was made by a fan or something. At first it seemed official...dammit. Ah, it's still cool anyways.

Then...hang on, maybe we will get the game next year? XD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Yeah... that being said, it's a really good fan made thing! ^_^ I applaud the one/ones who made it!

Oooh... I sure hope so. Apparently information about it is out there somewhere, but I'm not sure where... *goes off in pursuit of links*

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:30 am
I hope we get the game next year. Two years is too long to wait! XD But as I live in England we'll probably get the game months and months after its first release anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:24 pm
Oooh... yeah, that would be frustrating. @_@ But living in England must be fantastic, so I don't feel sorry for you at all. XD Just kidding, just kidding..!

I agree; it seems to me like the smartest thing for them to do would be to coordinate the release to be somewhere around when the Disney AiW movie comes out. Since people will already be thinking about it, American McGee could just play off of the expeeeeeeeensive advertising deals Disney's throwing around and catch people when they're thinking about it. *shrugs* Or, who knows, maybe the Disney thing would be so hypie they'd get drowned out... eh, I suppose it could go either way. ^_^;

But if it comes out next year we should be able to find more info about it sometime soon, right..?

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:30 pm
I would of thought so, for the game anyway. But with the movie, the thing is with Disney's new one McGee's might get over-shadowed, so releasing their movie later on is probably a good idea. I mean everyone knows about Disney, but McGee's has more of a cult-following. Then again, Disney is releasing a video game for their movie too.

So I dunno. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:10 pm
Good point: when Disney hits the box offices everything else takes a back seat. I guess the thing I was wondering on was if the wave of Aliceism (ahhahah, not a word XD) with pump up sales. *shrug* You're probably right about that though...

Oh, I forgot about the Disney AiW video game... not that I knew that they would have one, specifically, but that Disney generally releases a game with their movies. Whoops. XD My bad... but yeah, that blows that theory out of the water. ^___^

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:21 am
Yeah, some news came out about it a while ago, it's probably going to be on most platforms. The movie is being released in March yeah? That game will come out around then I guess.

I still want McGee's Alice 2 to come out sooner though. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:57 pm
Oooh... coooool. I can never keep up with these sorts of things, lol.

And I completely agree. @_@

So I'm curious... what do you think the reaction to the release will be?

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:16 am
Unsure, I am worried people might think McGee's movie is close in storyline to Disney's new movie, as I doubt that many people know about the original game.

For the game...people who played or know about the original will hopefully love it. The game should get more attention than the original as it's being released on consoles other than the PC, so therefore attract new fans, who might in turn want to try the first game.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm
Interesting... I guess its impossible to tell without seeing the two movies... I would think that they would be stylistically different enough to let most people differentiate between the two, but there might be some confusion. I hope not, though!

I'm sure they're betting on that... I wonder how close of a sequel it'll be, considering that they're probably going to be attracting a lot of new fans? Like are they going to continue it soon after the ending of the last game, or are they going to stretch it out a few years, or are they going to unfold a plot completely independent of the first game? It'll be interesting to see. *nodnod*

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:24 am
Yeah, it's hard to tell. As it's called Alice 2...I think, then it's probably a direct sequel to the original game. I still think a remake would of made more sense though. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:53 pm
Yeah, you and me both. ^_^ I'll be excited about it either way, lol. ^_^  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 am
True. Though now I dunno what platform I should get it on...I have no idea if my PC could play it...if not I guess PS3. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:41 pm
PS3 could probably use it; their sales haven't been too hot since their release. >_>;  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:12 am
Indeed, and I like the PS3 anyway. XD  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games