Welcome to Gaia! ::

18 to enter, 21 to drink....

Back to Guilds

This Guild is for Gaians 18 or older to meet and socialize with people in their age group. 

Tags: Over 21, Over 18, 18 or older, Older, Adult 

Reply 18 to enter, 21 to drink....
Books & Manga Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The last thing I read was:
  The newspaper
  A book
  Manga
  A posted sign at WalMart
  I dont read, I'm illiterate...
View Results

jaded_and_tainted
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:29 am
Ello, so if you don't know what Manga is its okay... A lot of adults don't but there are many that do. I want you to use this topic area as a chance to express yourself and get to know other members of the Guild... Let us know what the last book/Manga you read was called, how was it?... Tell us your favorite authors and your favorite books or series from each author... If you read Manga list your favorites... Have fun and limit the number of favorites to 5 max. please. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:34 am
Ok so my favorite Mangas would have to be "Chibbi Vampire" and "Marmalade boy"... My favorite authors and books are Dean Koontz, His Odd Thomas Series and "The Taking", Stephen King, "Popular Street", "The cell" (awesome book), and the Dark Towers series (which I haven't read all of yet, but im working on it), and Dr. Seuss "Oh the places you'll go".. I read that atleast once a week to my kids... Sometimes meh thinks like it more than they do! Currently I'm reading "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" from Stephen King, its a collection of short stories, the book I just finished was "Demon Seed" from Dean Koontz, it was pretty good... I liked the ending... razz  

jaded_and_tainted
Captain

lxlFujilxl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:34 pm
o - o Dude, you gotta read An Acquaintance with Darkness by Ann Rinaldi. It's a sad book but it's good. It explains most of my life.. But it's still a great book ^^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:37 pm
lxlFujilxl
o - o Dude, you gotta read An Acquaintance with Darkness by Ann Rinaldi. It's a sad book but it's good. It explains most of my life.. But it's still a great book ^^

I'll have to check that out.. Thanks... I hope its not too sad... sad If it is then I will have to hug u every time I see you... :p  

jaded_and_tainted
Captain

lxlFujilxl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:10 pm
Eh, well I got no real parents so I'll enjoy it ^^

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:26 pm
Hmmmm...........vampire hunter d the manga, hellsing fruits basket,castlevania cod, and some other crap xp  

Hakushaku Berumondo

Beloved Lunatic

Farabell Lexikins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Twilight anyone? lol
Favorite book: Brave New World and Pride and Prejudice
Favorite genre: fantasy ^^
Favorite authors: Mercedes Lackey, Jacqueline Carey, Terry Goodkind, Aldous Huxley, Elizabeth Haydon, Jane Austin, Emily and Charlotte Bronte, Stephanie Meyer etc..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:21 pm
The manga Death Note is still a great read,and i donated to the guild, my bad. blaugh  

TheIndianJohnSmith
Vice Captain

Married Demigod

Nale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:13 am
Hmm some of my favorite authors are

Jim Butcher - Dresden Files

Clive Barker - Various Well known for Hellraiser

H.P. Lovecraft - Cthulhu Mythos, Re-Animator and various other short stories

Neil Gaiman - Sandman, American Gods and much much more

Piers Anthony - Xanth Novels and Incarnations of Immortality

I'm going to cheat one last author

Robert Aspirin - Myth Novels  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 pm
I really enjoyed red river you should check it out jaded  

luvmuffin
Crew

Tipsy Genius

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100

TheFistOfRock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:04 am
Mostly all i read are Comic Books. ^.^ But i have heard some good words from the Good Ol William Shakespeare. ^.^ Here's a quote I love that i had heard from the game Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7.

Genesis Rhapsodos - " Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Godess. We seek it thus and take to the sky. Ripples form on the water surface. The wandering soul knows no rest. "

and it's qouted from....

Sephiroth - " Loveless Act 1 "

^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:37 pm
I could spend HOURS on this topic!

lol...

Last books- Last book of the Sevenwaters Trilogy, 2ºbook of the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy, "Breaking Dawn" (again), "Hunted" (House of Night Series) and "Cell" (Stephen King, still reading it).

Last mangas- Love Lucky, Witches, Battle Royal, Monster, Kiss X Sis, Bloody Kiss, 16 Engaged, Kimi to Scandal, ect.
Mangas being read- Bakuman, Aisuru Hito, Naruto, One Piece, Vampire Knight, Nana to Kaoru, ect, ect, ect, ect, ect, ect  

Valkery_Millenia

Muse

15,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hygienic 200

archresskagome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:07 pm
Favorite author ever- R.A. Salvatore
Other authors I've enjoyed- J.K. Rowling, Philip Pullman, Anne Bishop, and Dan Brown.
Favorite Manga authors- Ken akamatsu, and Clamp
Favorite Manga so far- Tsubasa Chronicles, because the art is amazing
But in terms of anime, xxxholic was my favorite of Clamp's series
Last book read- I just read the first book of the clerical quintet series by R.A. Salvatore(second time around) because I ran out of new books to read
My favorite series of his so far- the Sellswords series  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 pm
Last book I read was "The Graveyard Book", by Neil Gaiman, who's my favorite author. I'm now currently reading "The Book of Lies", by Brad Meltzer.

My second favorite author is Elaine Cunningham, who wrote the "Starlight and Shadows" trilogy and other awesome books like "Evermeet" and Elf Shadow". I also like R. A. Salvatore.

My favorite series from Gaiman is Sandman.  

Umrae
Vice Captain

Fashionable Nerd

14,600 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

Llamalpacca

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:53 pm
I'm more into comics myself. Or graphic novels. And on top of that I love books more than I like most people. (I am very well aware how dorky that makes me sound but I'm ok with it.) The last book I read was... well I'm still reading it. It's called Neverwhere. It's sort of a dark modern age Alice in Wonderland. My favorite books at the moment are a series called The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. The series isn't complete yet, and like any devoted fan I'm waiting for it's completion. The only problem is ... he's been dead... for the last two years or so. His last few novels are supposed to be released next month. Can't wait.  
18 to enter, 21 to drink....

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff