old for gold
old for gold
100%
 100%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 28

Veeconia

Unbeatable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:19 am
hmmm, my nephews, who are already 10 years old remind me of how old i am. i mean, come on, they were newborns just yesterday! XD other than that, i feel like i'm still 15... back then i felt like i was 25. weird, hm... and i'm 27 at the moment xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:30 am
One thing that makes me feel old is when I turn on the radio and Aerosmith's "Dream on" is on.... and I'm tuned into an oldies station!  

Darth_Akira72987

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:59 pm
my new job. i'm older then everyone there, even my boss xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:02 pm
when my kids are in the geezer guild, haha!

i just remembered little metal toys called crickets, that we used to click. anyone remember those?  

bandaidd
Crew

nikki_sierra

Sparkly Citizen

6,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:08 pm
hearing myself groaning as i'm trying to get up off the couch, and watching my oldest grandkid getting her license, then i know i'm getting old neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:19 pm
The seventies and eighties being considered Retro ..Listening to the same station my mom used to and the Music is from when I grew Up ( It keeps me calm) My daughter starting High School ..Im The Kewl Mom so I like alot of things today ..But them remaking all the Movies I watched as a Kid ..U Know Like Nightmare on Elm Street ( There can only be one Freddie Kruger scream ) and Remaking remixing The Music from My Day <-------Saying things like That ....U Know " Back In My day . When I was a Kid,Things will change as you get older you will see, LMAO...The price of Comic Books , going to a Movie, Roller skating is Roller Blading , When running didnt hurt so much ( Now I power Walk ) ....But I Have self confidence, and security in who I am so its a Trade , LOL Im still a big Kid at Heart .. heart And Everybody Moving so Darn fast ..Hurry up and slow down you whipper snappers you may not Be first But You Could be Next !! Can I have my Pudding Now .. rofl  

KommandoKat

RamenSoup43

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:13 pm
Where do I begin..........

Big Johnson shirts
Simpsons shirts
Ghostbusters shirts
Slap Bracelets
Nintendo's catch phrase "Now you're playing with power!"
The Power Glove
not to mention Fred Savage starring in "The Wizard" when SMB3 was the secret unreleased game, where as I have no clue how the kid figured out where that flute was if it was brand new and never seen before.
The ORIGINAL theme to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, when it wasn't called TMNT
"Beverly Hills: 90210" "Melrose Place" and "The Heights"
Hearing "How do I Talk to an Angel" on the radio, loving it
Cassettes still had a big section in the music stores, and CDs came in long skinny boxes
Tight rolling my jeans
Looking at 18 year olds and feeling dirty about it
Sophmores in high school look like Seniors in college now
VH1
Actually watching music videos, let alone finding ANY good ones.
Making compilation tapes from music on the radio
"Wang Chung"ing
Hootie and the Blowfish all of a sudden sucked
MTV "News" "Unplugged" "Alternative Nation" and "120 Minutes" existed
The very first America Online commercial where the guy was just chatting with his new kayaking buddies
Encyclopedia Brittanica
Encyclopedia Brown
USA Cartoon Express
Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo is the ONLY acceptable dance movie EVER
Windows 3.1 was a major upgrade, that had a 3.5 AND a 5.1 floppy
Anime wasn't a known term

Okay there's LOTS more but you get the idea. Older people can come up with their era times, but this one is mine.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:16 am
My knees when it rains. xp
The lack of clothing on pre-teen girls these days. scream
The continuing southward migration of my breasts. No matter how much I beg. crying
Not being allowed to wear rainbow-themed items without it having to mean that I'm a homosexual. burning_eyes
When I turn on the radio and the "Metal" sounds more like Nsynch than anything else. stressed
Shrinking candy bars. exclaim
Listening to the corporate warhawks on the TV co-opt hippie and anti-racism terminology . . . . without being challenged or looking like complete morons. confused
Music Television no longer has music?! question
When I have to explain 'The Great Space Coaster' to someone. sweatdrop
When I have to explain who Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner or Simon and Garfunkle are.
Telling people that I don't watch TV anymore. redface
My little brother is now taller than me. eek
My little brother joined the military. gonk
My little brother getting married. @___@; *TILT TILT TILT* lol  

Kai Kaze Kaloni Kozue

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:03 am
Talking with my nanny who is 23 and realizing that she was in middle school the year I graduated high school made me feel old. People who were 10 years old or younger on 9/11 make me feel old.

And I despise all the movies they are remaking. There is talk of the Goonies being remade. Are you freaking kidding me?! Classics should not be messed with. Also, Karate Kid is being remade. Euch.

All those young wippersnappers don't know how good they got it. *shakes cane* wink )  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:44 pm
the fact I can't stay up till 5am and still handle running the whole day with two hours of sleep  

Creepy Clown Town

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:45 pm
or the fact that I met my husband's little brother when he was a little punk in 6th grade and next month he will be of legal drinking age sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:32 pm
ok, so normally i feel that age is irrelevant. i mean, i've had arthritis since i was a kid. i can't eat anything without it talking back to me. there are days when it's easy to believe that i've had a stroke or alzhiemers. i'm not really that old now, though considered past middle age. but i have noticed that it takes a little longer to recover from those things that i used to consider a good time (what a drag). and there are a lot of things that i find difficult to describe to some of the offspring's friends that i used to get a kick out of - 8-track tapes, lp's, bell bottoms... watching technology, society, and style change back and forth, then listening to grandpa's take on it (he's 90 this year). and, i can just about relate. never mind discussing medical problems like most people discuss the weather.
the kids asking me to compare 'things way back when i was a kid' (i swore i'd never do that to them). that's a kicker.
yeah, it makes me wonder sometimes.  

Geeky User Name

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:27 pm
I will see younger people wearing stuff that is just a remake of something that was popular when i was younger and they never believe me and say "nuh uh, this is brand new!" no, its a copy of what was once popular and now regenerated back to your generation because you were not old enough to remember it being around back then.You really think after all these fads throughout the years there would still be some creativity left in the fashion world?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:38 pm
i don't have that. i have my kids pulling out my old clothes out of storage and fighting over them because they want the latest in authentic retro. my wooden and leather clogs are destroyed. my bandanna shirt is long gone. and i can't find my belled levi's. not that i can wear the stuff anymore... lol
and, dimmit, my grateful dead t-shirt wore out, and not by me.  

Geeky User Name

Serenity Celestial

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:01 pm
My niece just had her 12th b-day...that makes me feel old because it was like just yesterday she was in diapers, and hating the letter O because ...O is for Octopus, and they are scary. XD I miss those days. Also All the shows that I used to watch when I was a kid ...being gone, and nobody knowing or remembering them... that's just sad ;_;  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff