Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Soulwinners

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:17 pm
Hello and greetings in the name of Jesus Christ. I was thinking for a bit. I think we should be more active, not only in the guild, but in soul winning. I believe that winning souls should be our most top priority in the Christian Walk, along with serving the Lord.

I just want to share a little thought with everyone before I get started. There is an average of 150,000 people die each day. That is 54,750,000 a year. over 50 billion people die each year and going to eternity. And most of them are not going to Heaven. And a lot of people, especially Christians spend their time, worrying about carnal things; like sports, news, cars, ect.

I believe that we should be more active in ministries, not just around our neighborhood, but going where God wants us to go. For example, I am planning to go to Nigeria, Africa, maybe next year for a few weeks. I am planning to help down there and to win souls for the Kingdom of the Lord.

I am not saying that everyone should go out to another country to witness to people, althought it is a tremendous blessing if it was like that. But we should witness online and to the people we come in contact with.

I was thinking of holding special meetings, either on here, maybe the chat room of Gaia (Such as towns, rally, or so forth), or maybe on yahoo messenger (If we do this, then it will be audio). I am thinking of starting them in a week or 2. It is 6 sermons, so it will be 6 nights. I have every sermon labeled as followed:

1. Are You a Soulwinner?
2. How to Win a Soul
3. Drawing the Net
4. Attitudes that Defeat Us in Soulwinning
5. The Effective Use of Questions
6. Lead a Soul to Christ

For more information, please PM me here or on Yahoo Messenger at Charity_Christian_Fellowship. God bless.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:29 pm
I used to use Yahoo chat all the time, on the Christian chat rooms (actually, first it was MSN, then Yahoo). Anyways, for some reason, the sound doesn't work for me. I guess that's not as important, anyways.  

Orizion

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:10 pm
50 billion a year is pretty impressive considering that the Earth's entire population is under 10 billion.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:47 pm
divineseraph
50 billion a year is pretty impressive considering that the Earth's entire population is under 10 billion.
Seems someone is full of s**t and needs to do their math~  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Orizion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:12 am
Ah, I see what happened. For some reason, Thistle said over 50 billion instead of 50 million. 54,750,000 is, in words, fifty-four million seven hundred fifty thousand. Therefore, over 50 million people die annually.
And, FYI, 150,000 people daily works out to 54,787,500 annually (this is because there are 365.25 days in a year, not just 365).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:41 am
Orizion
Ah, I see what happened. For some reason, Thistle said over 50 billion instead of 50 million. 54,750,000 is, in words, fifty-four million seven hundred fifty thousand. Therefore, over 50 million people die annually.
And, FYI, 150,000 people daily works out to 54,787,500 annually (this is because there are 365.25 days in a year, not just 365).

lol, oh.... I see where I made the mistake. I also heard that 26,500 children die each day due to poverty.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:07 pm
Just an off question... what if a person you are tryin to convert, what if they don't want their soul to be saved? Say they believe their soul is already saved because their beliefs say so? Will you try your hardest to prove them wrong or will you let them be?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:01 am
That is a good question. But I think the situation like this is going back to the law. In Psalms, it says that the Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. To many, they believe that you have to be a good person to go to Heaven. And a lot of people will think that if we obey the 10 commandments, we are deemed worthy of going to Heaven. But you can use that to your advantage.

You can go down through the law, asking if they did this or this. And almost always, they break not only just 1 law, but multiples of them. In James, it says "Whosoever breaketh 1 law is guilty of all." So if we can convinced them that they are indeed a sin and they are currently perishing, then we can share the good news of the Gospel.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff