Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
A Real Christian

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:37 am
I had some other thoughts about a real Christian. Here is some thoughts from a sermon from Denny Kenaston. And by the way, if you want to watch the sermon, the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycpG_rHXGV4. He talks about the New Testament Christianity and how Revival is basically the same thing.

You know, what is a real Christian today? We live in a day and the age where everyone says that they are a Christian.

My mind goes to a conversation that I had on an airplane, flying from Memphis to Nashville. A young lady sat next to me there, and I often to get my Bible out, so that I can read it while I am flying and that it will kind of opens he door to speak to people. ou have a captive audience, they can't get away, and it is a wonderful opportunity to witness.

As I sat down next to this young lady and said hello to her and I asked her where is she going? She said "I am going to Nashville to spend the weekend with my boyfriend." I said "That's nice."

As I sat there for a while longer, I popped her the Question, I had my Bible out there so it is pretty easy to ask. I asked her "Are you a Christian?" She said, "Well, of course I am." I said, "Well, that's good."

And I learned to ask more questions, because you know the word "Christian" has been brought down to such a place that it hardly means anything anymore.

I looked her in the eye and said, "Well, young lady, let me ask you 1 more question, are you a real Christian?" She looked at me and asked "What do you mean by that?" And I said, "You know, a real one. You love God with all of your heart. You love the Word of God. You love to go to Church. You love to do what the Bible says. You know, a real one." She looked back at me and said, "Oh, I am not one of those."

You know, we can find that to be a bit humorous, but in reality, it is something to weep about. But in her own mind, there are 2 kinds, and she was a Christian, but she is just not one of those. But dear brothers and sisters, if we get honest to what the Bible says, there is no other kind. There are no other kind except the ones that love God with all of their heart. They love the Word of God. They love to go to Church. They love to live for God. That is the only kind that I can find in my Bible.

Anyways, I thought should share that with everyone here.

Godbless.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:57 am
You are definitely right on that.
I enjoyed reading it.

A True Christian.
I want to share this with my siblings. ;D

God Bless.  

Bondedge

8,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:47 am
I think the young lady may have mistaken you for a crazy homeless radical or as she may think you...not a real christian  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:09 pm
Really neat story. ^^ Thank you for sharing it, it's encouraging to hear.

Homeless people on planes, that's an interesting concept. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen homeless people on buses. I have seen poorer people on buses before, though they don't quite count as homeless.  

Vondra

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:01 pm
Vondra
Really neat story. ^^ Thank you for sharing it, it's encouraging to hear.

Homeless people on planes, that's an interesting concept. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen homeless people on buses. I have seen poorer people on buses before, though they don't quite count as homeless.

Its not always easy to tell who is whithout a home as one does not need to be poor to be homeless  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games