Yorick [Jabberwock] - Chrystali Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:23 pm
On an unremarkable day that started as regular and unhindered as any a day in HyTech [that Yorick could remember; that was not saying much], there was a small, odd twist laying in wait.

Quote:
A tea-stained envelope arrives at your door, sealed with a stamp that certainly has an 'M', but its second letter can't seem to make up its mind whether to be a 'D' or a 'H'. In any case, it's the contents that are of concern:

MD/H
Dear Yorick,

The place is tremendously boring without you. We've decided we can't possibly have you back without returning the gold (we bought new china) - besides, we asked Time to be our third guest and he will not go away. I'm sick of actually washing dishes so I would like you to have him back. He claims we haven't entertained him enough (it's true, we are quite boring now, as I have said) so could you be so kind as to send us a villanelle about you and how you've been doing? I assume that where you are is so absurd now that it'll be sufficient to get Time back to work.

Signed,
Mad D/Hatter.

PS: Whenever you're ready with your brilliant literature do read it aloud in the main thread.

You realise that you're not going to grow until this deed is done - who asks kids to write poetry - but you also realise that doing it early will not speed up your growth any sooner. Nevertheless, like the laundry, it is a deed that must be done.

The Jabberwock looked curiously over the letter. Why in blazes would the Hatter think of him now (was he still sour that he could not claim his head as a hat?), and why would he be needed to entertain Time? His own personal Time had stopped and had never moved forward; perhaps it was a trait of Time if they both were refusing to work properly? He wasn't one to question Time, as oft he'd found in his experience, Time was not a cruel mistress but the mean friend that liked to remember the worst experiences and gloss over the best. He was certain, even in his young age, that Time was reponsible for the idea that enemies weren't needed with a friend such as this. Time was no one's friend, on that front.

"Hatter, you...hat maker." Yorick frowned at the letter and jabbed a razor-sharp claw at it, poking a few unintentional but inspired holes within the paper. "A thing of requirement, that's the only reason I'm doing this!" he informed the letter as though it might carry back to the Hatter (and yet, stranger things have happened).

"Once I find out what a vanilla nelle is, you'll have your poem!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:15 pm
The proper villanelle.

This place is weird, but I guess that it's nice
though I'll lose Time's passage after today.
I like it here. This routine will suffice!

This is no Wonderland! Take my advice:
forward Time must go, there's no other way!

But Time is fond of flamingos and mice!
Elda's pretty; Clement, in disarray!

There's more Hytes here, some are sharp but no slice.
They scare me sometimes, but it's all display.

I want to stay here. I'll pay any price
to keep my friends and my daisy bouquet!

There's more to say, I hope this will entice
Time to pay a visit, to come some day.

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:59 pm
In Thread Reaction
Yorick had read the letter a thousand times (or so he thought; he couldn't rightly count the times he'd read it before and forgotten). It was, for him, like the letter had just been sent, and who was he to say it hadn't? It wasn't dated in a manner he could desipher, and thus, with his letter triumphantly in hand, he had set off to learn what this 'villanelle' was and to reply to his Hatter in an oh-so-timely fashion.

It hadn't taken long for the child to write it. To talk of Time and the world he was in, how he felt about it - it all came quickly in his halting, rather curly handwriting. He had only to fulfill the last portion of the requirements, now, and as much as he disdained the idea of sharing his inner thoughts from memories that were scrawled in his journal, he had to do it. Maybe it was so Time could hear him!

And so, it was how Yorick found himself nervously perched on the back of the couch, long tail flicking and thumping against the cushions, his clawed feet rather puncturing the spine of the hapless furniture. He was grateful everyone was busy - something special was happening tomorrow! - as he didn't really enjoy having the attention on himself.

For those who were in attendance, he rested upon his haunches and held up the napkin that contained his poem, and read it as instructed.

Before anyone could begin to crack any grins or laughter at him, the Jabberwocky launched himself off of the couch in flurry of torn fabric, landing into the kitchen and skittering to get his bearings. The napkin was hastily shoved into an envelope that simply read, "To Mad D/Hatter, Wherever You Are." And that envelope was just as quickly placed into the refridgerator. Where else was it supposed to go, really?

Yorick slipped out of the kitchen and bee-lined it back to his room. What was done was done, and he'd welcome forgetting this day!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 pm
Medical Department of HyTech
Dear Yorick,

It has come to our attention that you are growing direly out of your stitches. It seems that your neck has been healing nicely and in our estimation, it is time to remove the stitches for complete recovery. Don't worry, it'll be fun! Be sure to show up at the lab on the 2nd storey when we call for you.

PS: You can bring some others for moral support, if you'd like.

Regards,
Ur Doctur.

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:44 pm
╔════════════════════════════════╗

Yorick[`s Stitches] Come Undone

╚════════════════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:34 pm
Goofy growth reaction here, when I'm not so sick~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

HyTech: HYTE Directory | Certificate Threads/RP Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas