Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[NPC] ElfTech369

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:14 am
Tuesday, November 15th, 2005
2:12AM

I am sooooooooooooo tired. gonk

Well, of course it'd feel that way today, as I've been working for about 12 hours straight now... and I still have a good 6 more hours to go. My friend, Elftech 294, who manages the giftwrapping and packaging department during regular work hours, had some kind of emergency at home and had to excuse herself for the day; I couldn't sleep anyway, so I took her shift.

Christmas is just around the corner! Every Elftech must do his or her part... Och, my eyes... >_< where is my eyedrop..............

It was my first time having lunch during the dayshift - a prime opportunity to hand out as much fruit as possible. Mama keeps insisting that maintaining a healthy and balanced diet will help with my insomnia, and keeps sending me baskets of apples and bananas and whatever else she manages to get her hands on. I gave one apple to a dark-haired Elftech with big eyes who seemed to have basically... nothing... for lunch. Later, I gave the entire bunch of bananas I'd just picked up from the mailroom to another Elftech with pretty blue eyes and incredibly long hair - she thanked me in a rushed, albeit friendly sort of way, and walked off saying something about a Sun God and happy gamma rays of chakra (???) I also ran into a cheery fellow who handed me a vegetable roll-up and chicken broth soda... which... I also gave away. Probably would've stuck the roll-up up my nose on accident or something anyway...

While on break, I decided to try to wake myself up by taking a walk around the factory, and ran into another Elftech on nightshift - I gave him some fruit too, of course. He looked somewhat nervous - his palms were sweaty, and he stuttered incessantly while thanking me. o_o Kinda smelled funny too... he had black soot and stuff all over him. eek

The whole place looks so different during the day - like an immaculate urban city with an orchestra of whirring machines, complemented by voices giving orders, reporting maintenance problems, humming... sharing secrets in stolen moments when the supervisors aren't looking. Everything moves - even the very air. Lots of things that keep me awake and alert.
I like the nightshift, though, because it's... peaceful. At night, miles and miles of Christmas lights cast warm glows in the endless hallways, off the empty desks, the shiny factory machines. Christmas is a warm and friendly time... but, I don't know. Something is also really cold about this place lately.

I also heard that Mr. Claus got into some kind of accident. I hope it wasn't serious! Maybe I'll send him a basket of fruit.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:07 pm
Tuesday, November 15th, 2005
8:05pm

Well... still can't sleep. After a few restless hours of attempted rest, I pulled myelf out of bed, picked up my trusty myPod, and headed to the nearest Big Kahoona Burger to pick up something tasty.

Mr. Claus' speech from earlier this morning is still fresh in my memory. All those elves, cheering! SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN! I hope Mr. Claus didn't see me looking all droopy-eyed and unattentive. gonk

I also found out that I'd been reassigned to manufacturing. How exciting! A Larry Potter Chemistry Set... I hope I still remember my periodic table. Hey, maybe we can use up some of that formaldehyde I noticed sitting around the other day... awful lot of the stuff there, though...

The insomnia is getting ridiculous. I received a bunch of emails from Gaians with helpful suggestions, and after trying them all, no luck yet. crying

I think it is time to visit a doctor.

*Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*  

[NPC] ElfTech369

[NPC] ElfTech369

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:00 am
Wednesday, November 16th, 2005
2:57am

I found a heart box full of candy stuffed into one of my open desk drawers tonight, after returning from the floor pantry. I didn't find any notes, and the box and many of the chocolates inside were crushed to the point in which I'd have to lick the box to eat it... sweatdrop

How strange. Maybe some poor tired elf was in a hurry and missed the trashcan... it's right there next to my desk..... confused

It is very quiet tonight here at the factory. I've decided to take a break from cleaning up the workspace where Elftech404 and I are to work on the Larry Potter Chemistry Set (there are Tickle-Me-Lamos everywhere! Kinda creepy if you ask me...)

On my way to work, I stopped by a tea store and picked up some Bengal Spice Tea, in taking up a recent suggestion from a helpful Gaian. I've mixed it with some warm milk- it tastes delicious! During my break, I will Poogle up some other options to look into, other than the doctor's appointment I've set up on Thursday. Valerian and melatonin? Cold showers and sleeping pills?

Perhaps I am doomed to just not sleep at night forever. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:57 am
Sunday, November 20
2:39am

The last few workdays have certainly been interesting. Lots of shipping accidents, apparently - I watched the recorded cam footage on Friday... glad nobody got hurt! eek

On Friday, while on my break, I took a quick stroll around some of the departments near Manufacturing; I got a brief glimpse of the "Super Drencher 5000" and the Coki Kitty Utility Belts... good stuff! It looks like we'll have tons of new fun things for the kids this year! 3nodding

While passing by Sublevel F, I heard strange scratching and scuffling noises from behind the door. I couldn't appease my curiosity, since I don't have clearance that deep in... but that's when I turned to the recorded camera feed. Little white poofballs with arms and legs and bright little eyes?? Are they some new type of robotic pet toy? I wonder... eek Based on the inventory lists, there have been a ton of new shipments coming in lately...

I also found more chocolate boxes... one sitting right next to where I put my lunch in the pantry fridge, and another underneath the huge Christmas tree in the factory first floor lobby. Two places I frequent often... eek

I haven't felt this rested in a long time! It's time to go chill out on my Saturday night. ~~~~~  

[NPC] ElfTech369

[NPC] ElfTech369

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:35 pm
Friday, November 25th, 2005
5:35pm

Last week was pretty stressful, for many of us. There have been a lot of accidents - much more than usual... I even though I heard some kind of yelling or screaming that night while I was working at my desk. I left as soon as my shift was over, around lunchtime the next day. It's really strange... the whole atmosphere at the factory has changed. Many of the elves looked haggard and... cautious is the best word, I guess.

When I got into work on Wednesday evening, I heard rumors from a few of the other elves on nightshift that two guards who were on patrol in Sublevel F were seriously hurt, or something. Sublevel F is completely shut off from all employees, save the few with high-level clearance.

Mr. Claus made a speech that day, offering overtime bonuses to those who stayed behind. At first I was tempted, but I dunno... I was getting strange vibes at work, so I came home for Thanksgiving, and am currently relaxing in familiar surroundings. The medication my doctor prescribed to me is helping a great deal, though I find myself daydreaming a lot? Two nights ago, I had the worst nightmare about not having done my math homework... which makes no sense, because I never have any math homework!! And last night, I had a dream of waking up in my room and the inside being extremely foggy... I wandered around with my arms out, and ran into some kind of large, white obstacle with fur... but then, I started awake before I could figure out what it was. Strange... eek

I hope things go back to normal next week. Perhaps everyone is just on edge because the holidays are drawing near, and there are a lot of responsibilities to take care of. I'm sure. Mr. and Mrs. Claus will make things right too.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:04 pm
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
2:03pm

What... where...?

Where am I? It looks like I'm in the supply room. Why is everything all over the floor?! Why is it so dirty in here? It looks like some wild animal ripped through everything!

Ugh, I feel so groggy. I must've fallen asleep here on accident while working... the break room is down the hall, did I not make it there? ...Where is everyone? And what in the world is all this noise??

- - - - - - - - - - -

W.. what... the door is slammed shut, I can't open it! Is anyone there?? Can anyone read this?

HELP! HELP ME! I'M STUCK IN HERE!!

ARGH!!! only 10% battery life left on this laptop... and the light is flickering!

I'm scared......

- - - - - - - - - - -

... I hear someone!! Someone calling out from the vents...!

... It sounds like Elftech957! Gosh, I'm so happy to hear his voice! I'm so happy I'm not alone! But he sounds really frantic too...

I stacked up some crates so I could get closer to the vent... I asked him if he was okay, but it seems like he's stuck in the next room too, and he has no idea what's going on!

W... What is happening...?!

AHHHH!! Some kind of black water is gushing in from a hole in the ceiling... it's coming in fast!!!

- - - - - - - - - - -

... AAAHHH!! The light just shorted out... it's so dark in here... and the laptop is fading...
Elftech957 is still yelling out to me... I'm trying to make out what he's saying... but the gushing water is drowning out so much of it...

It's... it's up to my waist... I'm so cold... it feels like it's sucking my energy...
I tried pulling on the vent cover, but there are huge screws holding it in place... tools! Must find... tools!!!

Where... what... I can barely see anything... OH GOD!!

HELP ME!! HELP ME, ELFTECH597! PLEASE... ANYONE!!!

- - - - - - - - - - -

We regret to inform you that the journal of ElfTech369 has been sealed due to a security compromise. Please do not attempt to contact her through this address any further. Thank you for your cooperation.

-S CORP
"Making Christmas..."

[NPC] ElfTech369

S CORP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas