Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]
General Q&A Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Night_of_the_Phoenix

Conservative Genius

5,650 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:58 pm
Thank you!!! whee 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:17 am
I have a question! My dog (And my beloved familiar) is in pain! crying It seems like her hip area is what hurts. Is there anything I could do for her? A healing spell or ritual that would help with the pain? Im worried about her, is there anything I can do?
Thanks, and Blessed Be! heart

IIBlack-Embers48II

Aiedaile

Beloved Shapeshifter

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 am
@Black-Embers- Take her to the vet. It could be arthritis or hip dysplasia. A simple healing spell modified to fit your dog might help to an extent, but find out what's wrong first.
I'll be praying for her and sending healing energy her way.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:55 pm
Thank you for the prayers and energy! I think it worked well! My dog soon felt moderately better, and could walk up the stairs that night! I took her to the vet, and its just some arthritis due to the cold weather. heart

IIBlack-Embers48II

Chieko A

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:24 am
ok, so, for Beltaine this year, I'm celebrating with a coven that I just jonied and I'm going to be calling the Goddess Artemis to the circle, but I"m wondering, what's a good way to do that? I've been thinking of things, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:20 pm
Chieko A
ok, so, for Beltaine this year, I'm celebrating with a coven that I just jonied and I'm going to be calling the Goddess Artemis to the circle, but I"m wondering, what's a good way to do that? I've been thinking of things, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it sweatdrop

I'm curious as to why you would want to call on Artemis (a virgin Goddess), on a Sabbat day that celebrates fertility and the union of the God and Goddess.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Chieko A

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 am
too2sweet
Chieko A

I'm curious as to why you would want to call on Artemis (a virgin Goddess), on a Sabbat day that celebrates fertility and the union of the God and Goddess.

ok, yeah, good point, I hadn't entirely thought about that razz But when we were choosing which gods/goddesses we wanted to invite to the circle her name was the first that came to mind, and so, I think it's best I at least try, it just feels right wink I've just never really actually worked much with gods/goddesses, so I'm just curious what exactly I should do smile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:06 pm
Chieko A
too2sweet
Chieko A

ok, yeah, good point, I hadn't entirely thought about that razz But when we were choosing which gods/goddesses we wanted to invite to the circle her name was the first that came to mind, and so, I think it's best I at least try, it just feels right wink I've just never really actually worked much with gods/goddesses, so I'm just curious what exactly I should do smile

If you are feeling called to honor her, it might be better to look up holidays and rituals associated with Artemis and go from there, rather than trying to make her fill a role in a Sabbat that is unrelated to her.

In general trying to force a God/Goddess into a role that goes against their nature, is at the very least disrespectful, and in many cases can end up having negative consequences.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

oceantail

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:02 am
too2sweet
Chieko A
too2sweet
Chieko A

If you are feeling called to honor her, it might be better to look up holidays and rituals associated with Artemis and go from there, rather than trying to make her fill a role in a Sabbat that is unrelated to her.

In general trying to force a God/Goddess into a role that goes against their nature, is at the very least disrespectful, and in many cases can end up having negative consequences.

I understand why someone would try Artemis during a spring and rebirth ceremony, (being the goddess of the wild and forest) however I agree with Too2sweet, in that a virgin goddess on a fertility holiday would not be the best time to call on her. In my opinion Persephone has associations with spring, and her return to her mother (Demeter) is the ancient myth associated with spring's return, Demeter also being associated with fertility would possibly be more appropriate, however if you are looking for a way to connect with Artemis, than I suggest you go where she is associated, take a walk in a forest, or stare up into the moon on a clear night. to paraphrase something someone in this guild once told me, you should have a relationship with a deity before you ask them for stuff. I hope you find this helpful  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:49 pm
a full moon supposed to be on my bday so is there anything special about it?  

LacrymosaVampiress22

A Little Bit of Warmth

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:00 pm
It turns out that my partner has the ability to see spirits, though it usually only occurs every few months. She doesn't like that she can see them. Is there any way that she can make herself unable to see them?  
The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games