Helping Gaia the best we can. 

Tags: Gaia, Feedback, Help, Work, Together 

Reply Let's Work Together, Gaia
Oof, Michael Jackson item situation...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think the Michael Jackson item was ill-thought-out?
  Yeah, they could have thought that one out a bit more...
  At least it was based on 80s MJ, not Whacko MJ :D
  I think MJ was great! I loved the item!
  Chester, Chester, Child Molester, LOL
View Results

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:16 am
Yeah. I'm sure this topic is going to come up. Since everyone's been good about avoiding repeat topics so far, I figure I'd start this one up.

Anyone who's been to the SF lately has noticed the outcry. Gaia released a Michael Jackson Item. People are not pleased.

The reasons for this? Well, MJ is not the only celebrity to pass this month. Billy Mays, Farah Fawcett, Ed Macmahon... All of these people have passed. But Gaia chooses to honor the memory of Michael Jackson. Naturally, many users in the SF have been butthurt because of this. Some reasons were valid.. However, some people choose to focus on his alleged child molesting (I am pretty sure he did, but damn those were expensive lawyers he hired to lie for him... Whoops, off topic).

Anyone who's seen my post knows my stance. So Gaia released an item. It's "almost" in poor taste, but not quite. But there's nothing that can be done, so I'd rather we just let MJ go. We all know he wasn't THAT good, so just let the people who do think he was have their moment, they'll mourn, and then we can go back to the norm.

However...

I don't think it right considering the other stars that have passed this month.. what about May's trademark beard and blue shirt? Fawcett's hairdo? Macmahon's giant plastic check?

Meep. I'm rambling. Anyway, what are your guy's thoughts on this? Poor taste or not that bad?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:42 am
I was in the thread that asked for the item.
I agreed he should have one.
I'm proud to own the item. Yeah, other celebrities died, but they didn't have as much impact on the worlld as michael jackson did.
(((Well...I've never heard of them anyway. x.x but I guess I am out of the loop. billy mays sounds familliar, mind))

Anyyway.
Michael jackson revolutionised his era of music. I mean..

Well, I like it personally. ^^ It's just one item.
People say he did nothign for gaia, but heck, one would assume that the hulk, justin timberlake, and elvis didn't either.
And they have items.

So I am really all for it ^^

And yah yah blah blah child molester blah.
No one here was actually there.
We don'tknow whta happened REALLY in the courtroom.
just what the tellybox otld us. x.x
just saying~  

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:35 am
lushrocker MK
I'm proud to own the item. Yeah, other celebrities died, but they didn't have as much impact on the worlld as michael jackson did.
(((Well...I've never heard of them anyway. x.x but I guess I am out of the loop. billy mays sounds familliar, mind))

Anyyway.

People say he did nothign for gaia, but heck, one would assume that the hulk, justin timberlake, and elvis didn't either.
And they have items.

just saying~

I'm glad that the item represents him from the 80s, if it's going to represent at all. Represent the man before he starting screwing up, at the height of his career, when he truly WAS the king of pop.

Instead of the gaunt, ghoulish mental ******** that died in that hotel room.

Harsh, but it's more true than anything.

Also, Yeah, we only have the "tellybox", and newspapers, and various sources, and the fact that it didn't happen just once, but several times... if it had just been once, I'd have been more likely to believe that the kid was lying. But it happened several times.

And his behavior didn't help my opinion that he was lying.

Anyway. I got the item myself, and intend on keeping it, as the moon pose is worth it. I didn't mind the MJ of the 80s. Thriller was awesome. But the man he was until recently... No. Not at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:21 pm
i had no idea the item even came out

EDIT: A little off topic, but i would have loved a ferrah fawcett item  

Dr Strange Glove

4,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Yamato1
lushrocker MK

Anyyway.

And they have items.

just saying~

I'm glad that the item represents him from the 80s, if it's going to represent at all. Represent the man before he starting screwing up, at the height of his career, when he truly WAS the king of pop.

Instead of the gaunt, ghoulish mental ******** that died in that hotel room.

Harsh, but it's more true than anything.

Also, Yeah, we only have the "tellybox", and newspapers, and various sources, and the fact that it didn't happen just once, but several times... if it had just been once, I'd have been more likely to believe that the kid was lying. But it happened several times.

And his behavior didn't help my opinion that he was lying.

Anyway. I got the item myself, and intend on keeping it, as the moon pose is worth it. I didn't mind the MJ of the 80s. Thriller was awesome. But the man he was until recently... No. Not at all.

Yes, of course, this is what I mean. he was a master entertainer, and touched millions of us.
Even some int he wrong way ;D

Omg...
That was the worst taste most awfull joke I ever made ever.
I am so ashamed.
Moving on rom my shame, though.

For all we know, one perosn could have said he did, and then others wanted to join in too, you know?
there are always possibilities ^^
I am not saying he was a saint,of course.

but he definatley deserves commemoration.

A loud guy who sells cleaning products, however,...it's quite as....Much of an impact as michael jackson, am I making sense?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:13 am
I think people want a Billy Mays item because he was more of an Internet meme than an actual superstar celebrity.

In my opinion MJ deserved some sort of commemorative item or something. Whacked up personal life aside, you cannot deny that the man was an amazing performer. I mean, the world basically stopped when he died. sad

Not to mention the staff are all children of the 80s and and MJ definitely impacted their lives much more than he did someone like myself.
On a related note, I still really want a Paul Newman item.  

UPC Betsy

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:07 pm
I am a child of hte 80's... and I really liked most of Jackson's music work. He had a tremendous impact in the world of music, both in the Motown days.. and in the birth of MTV days as well.

I own 10 of MJ's item. I usually only use 2... since i like wearing a glove on both hands...

Now, as for hte other celebs who died that same week.... They were all prominent.. however, fawcett was primarily only really very prominent recently due to her cancer situation. If she had never had cancer and randomly died.. i bet her death wouldn't have seemed a big deal... i mean. she's known for charlie's angels... and then her cancer thing.. tho i'm sure if she had passed at another time... there would have been more focus on her....

and as for billy mays... I'd love to see that! the generation that highly populates gaia would relate to that more than a MJ item...

maybe they could do like they did for stephen colbert? make an item that has a billy mays outfit or him for one pose, a big plastic check or balloons, and then a pretty younger fawcett? and people could choose one fo them?

but so much time has passed they probably wouldn't go back and doing thing. gaia never reverses anything or sets it back to how it used to be.  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games