Welcome to Gaia! ::

Protect your account from Hacks and Scams!

Back to Guilds

This guild is for the prevention of hacking, and scamming. 

Tags: Fighting, against, Hacking, Scams, Protect 

Reply Everyone!
HOW DO I KNO IF A TRADE IS FAKE??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

laughing kelp

Hallowed Fatcat

7,900 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:31 am
iMiku ii
Never trade with strangers.
I Know when I was in rally once. This boy was talking to multiple people. Telling them he'd do that one thing and duplicate all there high costing items. I feel bad for the people that did it. :/
Because he came to me next and told me he could duplicate my ancient Katana. So I said i'll think about it. He waited. While he did ( I new it was a scam) I went on his profile. Hes an complete idiot for this. He had a friend on his account saying, " So did you scam a katana from anyone yet" and multiple comments referring to scamming multiple items from people. So when I came back. He asked if I was ready. I told him" No i'm not trading with you, and you might want to not have those type of comments on your profile ; )" and I left : ).

BEWARE PEOPLE LIKE THAT D<

wow tat guy really IS dumb  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:33 pm
so thats how... ok... i think that has happened to me a hundred times before but i reported him and i got it back and took everything from him.  

xoxoAshleYxoxo152

mishroom

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:10 am
S.T.F.U. Shroom will Speak
There was one in the gaia exchange forum, a guy actually, when you trade with him like he buys your coco for 650k then when you accept the trade(green button) his money suddenly turns into 65k. How can we notice those? I really need to know how to avoid that stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:25 am
II lolipop II
blacksoul88
BIG TIP: if someone wants to trade winter rose put mouse over it and see the name. if its not winter rose report that person immediatley.

OMG...That's what happened to me! This girl said she would trade me a Winter Rose for my belt and when I looked in my inventory,I didn't see the Winter Rose....O_O

those are called ghost items  

Dave189625

5,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shalailai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:05 pm
yup
for me
there was this one guy that random requested me to be his friend
and before i acccept random friend requests i click on their profile,look on the about me section and comments since comments can say a lot about people,and when i saw the comments,there was a bunch of people saying stuff like "why did you hack me?i saved up for that coco"or "why did you hack my friend for her pola ice"and stuff like that and im like,no,i should defenitly NOT add this guy,for i all know,he might waNT TO hack me!!

also,theres a website called localgamers.since anyone can pm me,i kept on getting pms like"you want more gold?join localgamers to get filthy rich!!"and blahblahblah.but,it was the same exact pm from difrent ppl
so i click on the link,and there was a lot of online games!there was runescape,world of warcraft,and much more.so i click on gaia online,and it said to join you have to put ur username and password,i wouldve put it,but then im like,"no,i shouldnt do that"so i didnt.the im like,they wouldve hacked me if i did.so ive been close to being hacked...but i havent  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:49 pm
II lolipop II
blacksoul88
BIG TIP: if someone wants to trade winter rose put mouse over it and see the name. if its not winter rose report that person immediatley.

OMG...That's what happened to me! This girl said she would trade me a Winter Rose for my belt and when I looked in my inventory,I didn't see the Winter Rose....O_O

That happened to my friend Chorina  

Jasmine--Rayne

love luna

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:33 pm
Shalailai
yup
for me
there was this one guy that random requested me to be his friend
and before i acccept random friend requests i click on their profile,look on the about me section and comments since comments can say a lot about people,and when i saw the comments,there was a bunch of people saying stuff like "why did you hack me?i saved up for that coco"or "why did you hack my friend for her pola ice"and stuff like that and im like,no,i should defenitly NOT add this guy,for i all know,he might waNT TO hack me!!

also,theres a website called localgamers.since anyone can pm me,i kept on getting pms like"you want more gold?join localgamers to get filthy rich!!"and blahblahblah.but,it was the same exact pm from difrent ppl
so i click on the link,and there was a lot of online games!there was runescape,world of warcraft,and much more.so i click on gaia online,and it said to join you have to put ur username and password,i wouldve put it,but then im like,"no,i shouldnt do that"so i didnt.the im like,they wouldve hacked me if i did.so ive been close to being hacked...but i havent

i've been to the logical gamers site. i just thought you needed to signup on their site to get access to it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:35 pm
Brs Miku
Never trade with strangers.
I Know when I was in rally once. This boy was talking to multiple people. Telling them he'd do that one thing and duplicate all there high costing items. I feel bad for the people that did it. :/
Because he came to me next and told me he could duplicate my ancient Katana. So I said i'll think about it. He waited. While he did ( I new it was a scam) I went on his profile. Hes an complete idiot for this. He had a friend on his account saying, " So did you scam a katana from anyone yet" and multiple comments referring to scamming multiple items from people. So when I came back. He asked if I was ready. I told him" No i'm not trading with you, and you might want to not have those type of comments on your profile ; )" and I left : ).

BEWARE PEOPLE LIKE THAT D<

lol, pwned. did you stay long enough to see his reply??

love luna

Lunatic

nikkinuk5

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 pm
one time there was like a message from a newbie avatar and the message has a link (tinyurl.) they ask for your username and password

also this i think

http://www.gaiagoldvault.com/verify.php  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:23 pm
sum1 scammed me nearly he said ill trade u a grunny for ut har (it was worth like 2k) i said ok than he sent a trade i nearly clicked accept i help my mouse over it and it was a grunny wall tile razz  

Camho

Newbie Noob

Sir Fapcelot

Trash Gentleman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:48 pm
Well I trade some1 that i dunno with a junk.... weird that she(the trader wus a girl) accept  
Everyone!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff