Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karumei

Clean Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:05 pm
Kazydi
I don't want to be a Christian anymore. I still believe that God is there, He's just not there for me. Ever.

So yeah, I'm done.

"Be Still, My Soul"

I can give you no better advice than to sit tight where and wrestle with yourself over your decision. God loves you, very, very much and it is very hurtful to him to hear that come from you. I say this with full knowledge because the death of Christ is God's beckon for our reconciliation with him, Christ's blood covers all stains.

Obviously your problem isn't that you feel you are unbearable to God, but that He is unbearable to you. I urge you to seek out why that is. If you feel comfortable, you should talk with a more matured Christian about it.

lordstar
Is quoting the bible any help to someone who doesn't believe in its words?
No...not at all.

Is logic helpful?
Almost always.

Is not logic based in truth? To follow a path of perception, there must be the concrete and absolute to follow, which is what logic does. It follows. Therefore, is it not logical for someone who says they believe God exists in a discussion forum about Christianity to be greeted with words from that selfsame God?

lordstar
unless I am mistaken he was not seeking God
his post was more of a proclamation of frustration

Yes, he was/is frustrated. Consider, why would he vent his frustration here if he wasn't some how seeking God, on some level?

lordstar
so again
quoting the bible is really helpful if the recipient believes the words...otherwise doing so is largely inappropriate as it adds nothing to the conversation

Christians consider the word of God to be the place for answers (not the "Gee whizz I broke my toe, how do I set it?" kind, but the moral, spiritual, emotional sort). Again, consider, the advisee has a standpoint as well and it is not necessarily the same as that of the person who sought the advice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:05 pm
1) I never said who believes in what or why

2) No, logic is not always based in truth...lies can be very logical.

3) If the author was to choose any other forum to proclaim his frustration I don't see it being nearly as effective as doing so here.

my guess is that he thinks that chances are more people in this forum would care what he had to say apposed to any other forum

4) I think you totally missed the point on this one. Sure Christians consider the bible to hold all sorts of answers...but outside the faithful...no one cares and it is totally ineffective. And just because he says he still believes in God does not automatically proclaim his belief in the bible.

Once again
As an observer
the one trick pony routine is annoying  

lordstar

irool75

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:25 pm
God will always be with you. You may turn on him but he will never leave your side. I pray that you understand this and come back to God.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff