Events Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:20 pm
- I'm fairly enjoying the Easter event. While simple, I'm glad to see a forum based event again, and they fixed the egg glitch quickly. I can't say much for the items yet as I've not gotten them, but I'm having fun going around and collecting eggs in the forums and such. I don't like the rumors about the final item taking 500 eggs, though.
But to me, this is a pretty good event. I'm just glad we got one at all, to be entirely honest.
Update 4/10: Well, I mostly like the event. I don't like the fact that we have to collect 500 eggs (which we get based on time, it's not like we can just find a ton at once, like an actual egg hunt), and I'm not a huge fan of the items. I do like that they tried, though. I just know that I don't want to spend forever hunting down eggs.

- The April Fool's event was interesting. It was creative, especially for you guys, and I enjoyed the humor. I am a bit tired of exploding items (though I will say that the art is pretty well done, so kudos on that), but as it's just April Fool's day, I think the event was decent.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:02 pm
Reserved.  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:04 pm
Reserved.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:53 pm
I like the event too.
Though I could REALLY do without the whole 500 egg thing. Due to time restraints, I and other people are going to have some serious trouble completing the quest. Not everybody spends their entire life here. While I DO appreciate the difficulty, it's sort of over the top. I would've been okay with 250, or even 300. But I'm not even done collecting 100 eggs yet! What I think is, that it's not for everybody to finish. Which is probably why the final item is going to be sky high in the marketplace in no time, because not everybody will have it. Gaia knows this.

By the way, does anybody know what the final item is now? Or is that one still up in the air?

Chaos Blue

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:19 pm
Apparently, it's pink bunny slippers. They're cute, but I just don't have the time (or desire x_x) to collect 500 eggs. If it ends up cheap I'll buy it, but since the eggs are based on a timer, I'm not going to bother.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:01 pm
Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed that eggs do not show up in guilds?
I happen to spend a good chunk of my time in guilds...

Chaos Blue

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:56 pm
I've noticed that too. And considering the fact that they say the eggs are all over Gaia, that's kind of crappy.

But then, guilds have been neglected for years, the poor things.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:39 am
Of course, you apparently don't get eggs in Shops, either, from what I can tell. (And based on what they've said, the NPCs in Shops were supposed to give away eggs, but it was glitched so they had to disable it. Way to go, Gaia. A feature that you've used in holiday events for years, and you can't get it to work now? Truly astounding.)

Plus, it looks like the Easter Bunny is supposed to be showing up today (Monday), the day after Easter. Uh... sure. Maybe there's a story reason behind it, I don't know. All I know is, on the event page, the link for the Bunny takes you to... the Skittles World. Hoo, boy. That may be a new low for you, Gaia. Congrats.  

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 pm
If every NPC shop gave you one egg it would be much, much easier to complete the whole dang 500 egg thing. I guess they want to see who's the most dedicated, but not everyone can devote their time-the only reason I'm even able to do this whole thing is because I'm on spring break.

I almost lost my freaking phone and my internet just because I was staying up so late doing it....lame, but I wanted those dang slippers...><  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:56 am
kikirin~sakyomi
If every NPC shop gave you one egg it would be much, much easier to complete the whole dang 500 egg thing. I guess they want to see who's the most dedicated, but not everyone can devote their time-the only reason I'm even able to do this whole thing is because I'm on spring break.

Honestly, it really wouldn't make it that much easier. The biggest issue with the egg collecting is the time between when eggs show up; with past events, there's a set amount of time between when NPCs will grant the eggs or candy or whatever it is you're collecting. Since the eggs currently only seem to appear after at least a minute, they could use that as the time frame for the NPCs as well. (We'd still be looking at the same 10.5+ hours to collect all 635 eggs needed to get all 4 items, and you're still going to have to click through pages to get them, so there's not really much of a difference except that, by giving them via NPCs, you'd always know when/where to get an egg. Slightly easier, but not significantly so.)

(Random idea to throw out there: would it have been better if the eggs you got in zOMG also counted towards your egg gathering total? It might've encouraged more people to try for the slippers, AND gotten more people to play the game. Just a thought...)  

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Tobira

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:15 am
You know, honestly? I really liked the event. I was having fun, working hard to get the last of the eggs and was awaiting the Easter Bunny's arrival.

Stupid Skittles world kinda ruined that for me. My comp sucks at running all flash environments (which is why I don't play zOMG! or browse Towns either) so I can't even attempt to get the items.

I do wish that the eggs showed up in Guilds though...it would have made this a lot easier and made my other guild think I wasn't ignoring them ^^;;  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 am
I liked the event....until I realized I was still working on getting 500 eggs four days later. Then I realized just how long and tedious it was. Even with the lag and constant freezing the zOMG event was actually fun. Perhaps I got some sense of satisfaction from "egg stealing" from people who thought camping out was easier. Skittles world just pissed me off, that was not an obstacle course. It was a "lets see how long we can piss you off before you just quit and close the window" course. Getting knocked out by things you didn't even touch and then waiting what feels like 20 seconds just to start back at the beginning. Who the hell ever was told to restart an obstacle course if they ever touch anything? O.o

I will say that the work they put into it was fabulous. Even though the storyline isn't as much as other Christmas or Halloween events, all the detail and items are right up that ally (or is it alley, dammit I hate those two words).  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:04 pm
Andromeda Phoenix
I liked the event....until I realized I was still working on getting 500 eggs four days later. Then I realized just how long and tedious it was. Even with the lag and constant freezing the zOMG event was actually fun. Perhaps I got some sense of satisfaction from "egg stealing" from people who thought camping out was easier. Skittles world just pissed me off, that was not an obstacle course. It was a "lets see how long we can piss you off before you just quit and close the window" course. Getting knocked out by things you didn't even touch and then waiting what feels like 20 seconds just to start back at the beginning. Who the hell ever was told to restart an obstacle course if they ever touch anything? O.o

I did manage to get the 500 eggs, but, yeah, that was friggin' tedious. It's one thing to make people work for the items, but it's another thing to torture them. And that was just torturous. (The truly sad part is, I only did it because of my collector mentality; I don't particularly like the slippers, but I'm not going to sell them, either. I suck.)

And the obstacle course is... ugh. I can get all 100 Skittles, but not in under 2:25 (at this point, I'm not even going to bother trying any more), so I just bought the Easter Scarf from the Marketplace. (Figures, though; that's probably the nicest Easter item this year, too. Well, maybe Basketh'Loo; that one's pretty amusing.)

Quote:
I will say that the work they put into it was fabulous. Even though the storyline isn't as much as other Christmas or Halloween events, all the detail and items are right up that ally (or is it alley, dammit I hate those two words).

Alley. "Ally" refers to a partner or associate. (Just to be nitpicky, and because you brought it up. wink )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:10 pm
I'm only on about 80-something out of 500 of those little guys. I stopped hunting and counting because I knew I wasn't going to be able to make the goal because my spring break week was going to be up.

So most times, I'm clicking them to either get them out of my way because it's blocking a word in the forums, or it's just being distracting. Other than that, I couldn't care less that I didn't get bunny slippers. I did the event because I was glad there was one.

I do wonder what they'll be doing with the extra eggs, if anything. I doubt they would, but it'd be cool to get an item based on that, like some sort of consolation prize if you didn't make the 500 if you were on that level. But, eh, that might be a little cheesy. And I don't think they'd do something like that, so I don't know who I'm trying to kid.

But in light of this event, it's given many more people the opportunity to get that last item, if they aren't already annoyed with the egg hunt like I am. It's going to seem like a bunch of people have them, and I'll bet, just to sell. And it won't even be worth as much as before they decided to extend the date. Which was a good and bad thing, I think.

Chaos Blue

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:14 pm
I actually completed the quest thing for the slippers and they look really cute. It's just that I won't probably wear them until next year and over my dead body will anyone have them. I pulled two all nighters just to get them.

And hmmm, yeah, you're right, OTI. It would probably take the same amount of time *sweatdrop* I was thinking about the whole cady collecting thing ffrom one of the Halloween event but they had a space of time between them, huh? I barely remember...

Maybe if they shortened the spawning time by 30 seconds maybe it would be easier? And I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but did anyone get mad when they timed their surfing and sometimes the eggs didn't show up until three pages later? Maybe it was just my computer, but when I did that on someone's laptop, there seemed to be like this "delayed reaction"?

BTW, the Skittles course was just plain ridiculous.Near the end you have to wait at a certain part to slip between enemies and go down...and that takes up alot of time. One of my friends was able to glitch it and that was the only way he collected all of them under the time limit because it's practically impossible other wise. The glitch? Walking through walls like you're Jesues-just be careful about the snake at the end. There is a way to make it so that you can bypass all the enemies and collect the skittles like crazy, though I'm not sure if the glitch works anymore.

I've tried it myself but I ended up getting stuck in the middle of the coral reefs.  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff