A home for DragCave and other breedables enthusiasts 

Tags: dragon, DragCave, Dragon Cave, breedables, adoptables 

Reply The Dragons Keep
Help Guide to Healthy Dragons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A help guild AND emergency sites for my dragons (see index)?
AWESOME!
100%
 100%  [ 64 ]
Total Votes : 64

Sabriath

5,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:03 am
Hello >.<

have a question....what is the purpose of posting 'reserve' in a post?
I just want to know because I've seen lots of people do it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:13 am
Jennivieve
Maybe this should be updated, what with some of those dragon-rearing sites being closed, and, oh yes, teleport.

You're very right about needing to update this thread, Jen! I'm hoping to get some "cleaning" done in here soon.

In the meantime, if you or anyone else has any info that needs to added, etc, please let me know. THANKS!
biggrin  

Willa-Wisp
Captain

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100

Willa-Wisp
Captain

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:18 am
Sabriath
Hello >.<

Good question and hi, Sabriath! The reserved spots are sort of "cushion" areas we have in the thread. We use these spots when we want to add info to the thread or temporary "parking" for info being moved as I sometimes do with the adults from the Incubator and don't have time to post them on the Class posts. When setting up a thread as massive as the Incubator/Incubator, it seemed like a good idea to have reserved spots to allow for growth as needed. Does that make any sense? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:56 am
Willa-Wisp
Sabriath
Hello >.<

Good question and hi, Sabriath! The reserved spots are sort of "cushion" areas we have in the thread. We use these spots when we want to add info to the thread or temporary "parking" for info being moved as I sometimes do with the adults from the Incubator and don't have time to post them on the Class posts. When setting up a thread as massive as the Incubator/Incubator, it seemed like a good idea to have reserved spots to allow for growth as needed. Does that make any sense? biggrin

hmmm....yes, I suppose it does make sense...thanks! smile  

Sabriath

5,950 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

We who have Fallen

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:02 pm
Here's a weird question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. If you're into dragon breeding (which I intend to be one day) is it possible to breed siblings/half-siblings/parent-to-offspring?
I'm thinking in the case where you suddenly want to populate your scroll with one particular kind of dragon (like Pillows, as a random nonspecific example), or gift eggs but you have a limited number of males. Do the relatives choose not to breed with each other or does the attempt result in no egg? If it does result in an egg is it bad lineage wise (will other users prefer not to trade for inter-bred eggs, for instance) or does it make no difference at all?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:39 pm
We who have Fallen
Here's a weird question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. If you're into dragon breeding (which I intend to be one day) is it possible to breed siblings/half-siblings/parent-to-offspring?
I'm thinking in the case where you suddenly want to populate your scroll with one particular kind of dragon (like Pillows, as a random nonspecific example), or gift eggs but you have a limited number of males. Do the relatives choose not to breed with each other or does the attempt result in no egg? If it does result in an egg is it bad lineage wise (will other users prefer not to trade for inter-bred eggs, for instance) or does it make no difference at all?

Good questions, all of them! The Cave doesn't seem to have any restrictions about interbreeding as you've described. As you've probably discovered, not all breeding attempts (parents to offspring or other non-related combinations) are successful.

Some people do prefer "pure" lineages (as little interbreeding as possible) while other folks don't really care. Personally, I'm not that picky. I'm happy to receive eggs and really don't care about the lineage.

Hope this answers some of your questions. Anyone else have any opinions or other comments on all this? Would like to hear what you have to add to this!
biggrin  

Willa-Wisp
Captain

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100

We who have Fallen

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:30 pm
New Question!
If you sucessfully breed two dragons of different species - say a Pink BSA and a Royal Blue - and the resulting egg is a Royal Blue, will all future breeding attempts of those two dragons result in Royal Blue eggs or will there always be a 50/50 shot at getting one or the other?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:06 pm
We who have Fallen
New Question!
If you sucessfully breed two dragons of different species - say a Pink BSA and a Royal Blue - and the resulting egg is a Royal Blue, will all future breeding attempts of those two dragons result in Royal Blue eggs or will there always be a 50/50 shot at getting one or the other?

It's always random which type of egg you get from two commons breeding together. I am not sure if the royal counts as an uncommon / rare (haven't been around for a while). If it dose you have a lower chance of getting it than the pink. But if they are both common types it's a 50/50 chance.

There is also a chance the pair may refuse to go near each other in the future as well.  

Taenamyr

Fuzzy Kitten

9,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Wolf Within 100

Taenamyr

Fuzzy Kitten

9,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:09 pm
A note for any one curious (and I am an idiot for trusting people some times)

I have an egg that's getting low on time, but still over 4 days. It's got enough views to have a big hole so I decided to try using earthquake to see if I could hatch it...

I stopped playing DB before the BSA's came out, so I had never used that ability before... and when I asked some one in the DC IRC chat they said that fogged eggs would not be hit by the earthquake...

I was devastated to see that two eggs I bred this morning were killed, even though they had been fogged... I don't know if that person didn't know the answer or if they lied to me... but now I have to wait to breed my dragons to try to get those types again (as they were two of the cross breed - from breeding only types)  
The Dragons Keep

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff