Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Pokemon Academy

Back to Guilds

This is a discussion guild for all aspects of Pokemon - games, anime, TCG, fan art, etc. We even have a roleplay and minigame forum. 

Tags: Pokemon, games, anime, discussion, roleplaying 

Reply Gaian Pokemon Academy
ARE WE TOO OLD?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How old are you?
  10 and under
  11-12
  13-14
  15-16
  17-18
  19-20
  21-22
  23-24
  25+(don't worry about it lol)
  I'm too chicken to tell....(why?)
View Results

Inmyroomreb

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:35 am
I've been into Pokemon since it pretty much caught on here in America. I remember I was in 4th or 5th grade when the first movie came out so... I was... uh... I think I was 8 or 9.

I am 20 now and still going on strong as a Pokemon Master.

My class ring [which I've had for 3 or 4 years now] costs about $600 [it's white gold] and actually says "Pokemon Master" on it. I'm pretty hardcore about it. 8]

Currently, I'm working on a huge tattoo piece that I plan to have tattooed on me with various pokemon in it that I adore. The tattoo will start on my foot and go all the way up to about my armpit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:41 pm
I'm 19 now and I was 7 or 8 when I started playing the games and watching the show. And to this day i'm still playing and watching ^^  

StarPrincess1

huntressrubyrose

Eternal Hunter

8,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 am
I started when i was around 7-8 sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:06 pm
I was around 4 or 5 when I got my first pokemon game. I couldn't even read!! 3nodding  

Banana-chanDeluxe

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:52 am
I was- what, 5 when I became obsessed with the anime and collecting pokemon stickers? I'm 14 now ¬.¬  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:55 pm
lol im 17 and still in love with pokemon, im gunna be getting the soul silver game that just came out!
Im also planing on getting the pokemon shadows of alma  

BloodyAngelLexus

7,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Des_Gato-The Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:47 am
I was 9 when it started, I'm 19 now. Although I love the games more than I like the show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:53 am
Des_Gato-The Warrior
I was 9 when it started, I'm 19 now. Although I love the games more than I like the show.

I think was about 7 or 8 now that I think about it. It was my favorite part of my childhood.  

Des_Gato-The Warrior

Esmerilda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:54 pm
I am 19 years old and have been a PokeMoN fan since I was 6 or 7 years of age.
To me, you like what you like.
I have a quote from a hater I saw in the CB.

This is my view on PoKeMoN and all other interests.
Games, cartoons or otherwise.

Gwendara
Quote:

It's that I don't watch idiotic things like Bakugan and Pokemon. I'm not a kid anymore, you know.

I laughed so hard at this.

You have to remember that it is because of people of all ages watching these shows that grow up later on in life to then make these cartoons. And guess what? They make a sh!t load of money from kids on birthdays, christmas and even on the occasional spoiling spree's. It's the fact that people never lose interest in these cartoon shows that they are still going and are alive til this day. The fact you are not even thinking your comment through fully shows your true maturity and how much more "growing up" you really need to do. Having certain preferances or interests does not make a person idiotic. "Idiotic" people are those that are not only hypocrites but meaninglessly lash out at others for no provoked reason. (:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:16 pm
I started at 6 with pokemon yellow and am 14 now with heartgold.
I can't tell how many times I caught Mewtwo in that first game. sweatdrop
I still remember the first episode too.  

psychocat Inc

Dizzy Aquarius

Lonely Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Heckler 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:48 pm
I was about 12 or 13. I was in 7th grade, and Red and blue had just come out.

so I haven't stopped since then.

I dont know if I will get black and white though. I like some of the new pokemon, but it feels weird for them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 am
The first game I played was Silver (It was LITERALLY the first game I played, or at least actually owned), and it wasn't long after it came out which was early 2001, I think. So I would have been about 9 or 10. I'm 19 now and still an addict. =)

I was actually talking about this with my boyfriend and we came to the agreement that, yeah, a kid can get through the game with very few problems (With perhaps the exception of the final battle in Pokemon Black/White) but as soon as you take it competitively it becomes way too difficult for most kids to understand unless they have WAY too much free time on their hands. Even now I don't fully understand the whole idea behind IVs and EVs, so any 10 year old who does either plays the game WAY too much or is some kind of super genius child prodigy.  

Feral_half_blood

silverclaw499

Invisible Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:40 pm
as long as i can remember... ninja

User ImageHopes, and dreams  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:36 pm
I started when I was about 8. I'm 22 now.

And I still play it. And I do play the newer games. But I mostly play my old games. the first 2 generations.  

Karljna

Devoted Elder

13,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Sazie Chan

Hilarious Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:38 am
When I started playing Pokemon games and watching shows, I was around 10-11 years old and thats when Pokemon Yellow was out ((well I got it kinda late)) :3

I'm 21 right now and I still like playing Pokemon games and collecting pokemon cards xD once in awhile I'll collect cards but mostly I play the games.

I might always draw pokemon art once in awhile but now I'm looking to practice on other things too.  
Gaian Pokemon Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff