Submit

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:35 pm
Crimson Raccoon
Don't thank her, that picture has little to do with the discussion; blastocysts aren't much part of the issue.

Why don't we see a picture of what actually gets aborted - a fetus with a body, legs, feet, toes, arms, hands, fingers, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and a heartbeat?

It is perfectly legal to have an abortion at this stage. Behold the image of God:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is an accurate image from an official US government website.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/9572.htm

And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.

Whoever sheds the blood of man,
by man shall his blood be shed,
for God made man in his own image.

And you, be fruitful and multiply, teem on the earth and multiply in it.

- Genesis 9
Actually it has to do with the development of a fetus. At the beginning of conception, it's called a zygote. Then it becomes a blastocyst. Then it becomes an embryo. Then it becomes into a fetus. And when it comes out of the birth canal, it's a baby. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:30 pm
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Actually it has to do with the development of a fetus. At the beginning of conception, it's called a zygote. Then it becomes a blastocyst. Then it becomes an embryo. Then it becomes into a fetus. And when it comes out of the birth canal, it's a baby. :3

So what? A blastocyst forms within the first 5 days of a pregnancy - before a woman is even aware she's pregnant. That's not when abortions occur. Abortions are executed several weeks into the pregnancy. So putting up a picture of a blastocyst and saying "See, it doesn't look human" is deceptive. The picture I posted is actually what is frequently killed in abortions.  

Crimson Raccoon

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:08 pm
Crimson Raccoon
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden

So what? A blastocyst forms within the first 5 days of a pregnancy - before a woman is even aware she's pregnant. That's not when abortions occur. Abortions are executed several weeks into the pregnancy. So putting up a picture of a blastocyst and saying "See, it doesn't look human" is deceptive. The picture I posted is actually what is frequently killed in abortions.
Actually it's not deceptive. Abortions occur within the first trimester. Possibly a week or two into the pregnancy. Late term abortions only occur according to the AMA when the fetus is seriously malformed or the mother's life is endanger. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:43 pm
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Crimson Raccoon
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden

Actually it's not deceptive. Abortions occur within the first trimester. Possibly a week or two into the pregnancy. Late term abortions only occur according to the AMA when the fetus is seriously malformed or the mother's life is endanger. :3

Yes, well, the fetus in the picture I posted is within the first trimester, so there you go.

The overwhelming majority of abortions do not occur within the first two weeks. Most women do not even realize they're pregnant that early.

The fact is, thousands of unborn children are aborted every day who look far more human than that blastocyst graphic. That's what I wanted to point out.  

Crimson Raccoon

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:56 pm
Crimson Raccoon
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden
Crimson Raccoon
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden

Yes, well, the fetus in the picture I posted is within the first trimester, so there you go.

The overwhelming majority of abortions do not occur within the first two weeks. Most women do not even realize they're pregnant that early.

The fact is, thousands of unborn children are aborted every day who look far more human than that blastocyst graphic. That's what I wanted to point out.
Actually that's when abortions aren't supposed to be occurring. =.=  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 am
Sanctified feces, Crismson, relax. Excuse me for not clarifying that I was against late term abortions.  

Imitation Stradivarius

Crimson Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 am
Imitation Stradivarius
Sanctified feces, Crismson, relax. Excuse me for not clarifying that I was against late term abortions.

I'm perfectly relaxed. I'm just trying to make sure everyone has an accurate understanding. In terms of late term abortions, don't get confused here - as I already said, the image I posted is within the first trimester. It is not a late term abortion. Late term abortions are often defined as being in the 20th week or later; the fetus in the image I posted is only in the 12th week. Though some sources debate when an abortion should be considered "late-term," even the strictest date is still after the 12th week. In all considerations, a fetus with this appearance is a perfectly legal and common time to have an abortion. Even in weeks prior to this, the fetus obviously resembles a human more than a blastocyst, and that's the point I was making, because that's what the discussion was revolving around at the time. People didn't seem to be aware that they actually do look human-like.

12-week fetuses are not late term, and hundreds of abortions per day are exectuted at this stage in the US alone. If we choose to go by the appearance of the fetus, then we should consider this just as wrong as a late term abortion, as they clearly look human. Of course, that's a big "if" for choosing something as simple and superficial as appearance to go by.

Even jackals offer the breast;
they nurse their young,
but the daughter of my people has become cruel,
like the ostriches in the wilderness.

- Lamentations 4:3

The reason ostriches are said to be like cruel mothers who refuse to nurse their young, is because ostriches often "discard" several of the eggs laid by their group, instead of incubating them and allowing them to hatch. Though he's not necessarily speaking specifically about abortion, the connection to abortion is clear. The prophet in this verse laments that the people of God have become like those ostriches in regard to their children, and so we have.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:52 am
Crimson Raccoon
Imitation Stradivarius

I'm perfectly relaxed. I'm just trying to make sure everyone has an accurate understanding. In terms of late term abortions, don't get confused here - as I already said, the image I posted is within the first trimester. It is not a late term abortion. Late term abortions are often defined as being in the 20th week or later; the fetus in the image I posted is only in the 12th week. Though some sources debate when an abortion should be considered "late-term," even the strictest date is still after the 12th week. In all considerations, a fetus with this appearance is a perfectly legal and common time to have an abortion. Even in weeks prior to this, the fetus obviously resembles a human more than a blastocyst, and that's the point I was making, because that's what the discussion was revolving around at the time. People didn't seem to be aware that they actually do look human-like.

12-week fetuses are not late term, and hundreds of abortions per day are exectuted at this stage in the US alone. If we choose to go by the appearance of the fetus, then we should consider this just as wrong as a late term abortion, as they clearly look human. Of course, that's a big "if" for choosing something as simple and superficial as appearance to go by.

Even jackals offer the breast;
they nurse their young,
but the daughter of my people has become cruel,
like the ostriches in the wilderness.

- Lamentations 4:3

The reason ostriches are said to be like cruel mothers who refuse to nurse their young, is because ostriches often "discard" several of the eggs laid by their group, instead of incubating them and allowing them to hatch. Though he's not necessarily speaking specifically about abortion, the connection to abortion is clear. The prophet in this verse laments that the people of God have become like those ostriches in regard to their children, and so we have.

I totally agree with you. We're all poopsticks and we have become increasingly cold hearted. But those of us who follow Christ and His teachings are the ones who don't do do that. I mean there are other people out there that aren't christian and don't abort babies.

I lost my train of thought. Sorry. It's that I haven't slept in almost a day. I'll post something better when I wake up in a week lol  

Imitation Stradivarius

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:13 am
Imitation Stradivarius
Vasilius Konstantinos
ferret658
I say they tickle. I quit. I say do it if you were raped and don't want it, but if you were woman enough to open those legs, you best have that baby.

Even if a child is conceived by rape does that justify the termination of a human life? Just a question I pose.

But how can a clump of cells be considered human life? I mean I understand that there's a reference to God knitting us in the womb, and there's the commandment not to murder.

I know how I feel about it is wrong because the Bible says not to murder, but I still disagree with it.

The clump of cells, though it does not look human is encoded to become human and is also a living entity programmed to expand and grow into what we know of as a human being. Whether or not it looks like one from the get go does not constitute that its not a human being. Its encoding wil tell you that it is a human being. Its human tissue regardless of the shape it is in.

The arguments made on the case for abortion is at best semantics. Nothing, in no way can be argued in favor of exterminating a child still in the womb, at any semester in the child's life. To say otherwise is immoral. The signs of a collapsed society is when we begin to destroy our children on an altar sacrificing them to a god as we do today to the altar of selfishness and inconvenience.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:13 am
Vasilius Konstantinos
Imitation Stradivarius
Vasilius Konstantinos
ferret658
I say they tickle. I quit. I say do it if you were raped and don't want it, but if you were woman enough to open those legs, you best have that baby.

Even if a child is conceived by rape does that justify the termination of a human life? Just a question I pose.

But how can a clump of cells be considered human life? I mean I understand that there's a reference to God knitting us in the womb, and there's the commandment not to murder.

I know how I feel about it is wrong because the Bible says not to murder, but I still disagree with it.

The clump of cells, though it does not look human is encoded to become human and is also a living entity programmed to expand and grow into what we know of as a human being. Whether or not it looks like one from the get go does not constitute that its not a human being. Its encoding wil tell you that it is a human being. Its human tissue regardless of the shape it is in.

The arguments made on the case for abortion is at best semantics. Nothing, in no way can be argued in favor of exterminating a child still in the womb, at any semester in the child's life. To say otherwise is immoral. The signs of a collapsed society is when we begin to destroy our children on an altar sacrificing them to a god as we do today to the altar of selfishness and inconvenience.

eek .....I have never thought about it that way. That's scary.....  

Imitation Stradivarius

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces