100%
 100%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 31

Contralto in a Corset

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:43 am
Ephemeral Lazarus
-xXLady RaiXx-
Crimson Raccoon
I still don't get what you mean. People can abstain from sex before marriage... yeah... but what's so key about that in what I said? Is there a point you're making, or did you just want to say that I didn't talk about that?

When you say, "The same goes for those that have sex before marriage," it's difficult to figure out what you mean by that when you're referring to a post that's 9 paragraphs long with several points. The same what goes for those who have sex before marriage?

Maybe I'm just being stupid but I honestly don't see what you're saying. sweatdrop
It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight or lesbian or bi or transgender as long as you're abstinent and stay that way till you marry, you're in the clear. -.-

But by that logic couldn't any practicing heterosexuals that have sex before mariage be condemed by "God" to hell?
What sin is the greatest Sin? Are one of those sins irrelevant, and unworthy of Gods attention or notice? Is there a sin above that is completely unforgiveable, and will damn you for eternity, with no chance at forgiveness?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:38 am
Yeah, I'd say I'm a little bi. I'd never go out with a guy or anything being a Christian. But it certianly is a sticky issue confused .  

SUPERSQUIRRELX

As The Pokeball Turns

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:49 am
Militant Christian
Ephemeral Lazarus
-xXLady RaiXx-
Crimson Raccoon
I still don't get what you mean. People can abstain from sex before marriage... yeah... but what's so key about that in what I said? Is there a point you're making, or did you just want to say that I didn't talk about that?

When you say, "The same goes for those that have sex before marriage," it's difficult to figure out what you mean by that when you're referring to a post that's 9 paragraphs long with several points. The same what goes for those who have sex before marriage?

Maybe I'm just being stupid but I honestly don't see what you're saying. sweatdrop
It doesn't matter if you're gay or straight or lesbian or bi or transgender as long as you're abstinent and stay that way till you marry, you're in the clear. -.-

But by that logic couldn't any practicing heterosexuals that have sex before mariage be condemed by "God" to hell?
What sin is the greatest Sin? Are one of those sins irrelevant, and unworthy of Gods attention or notice? Is there a sin above that is completely unforgiveable, and will damn you for eternity, with no chance at forgiveness?

Just blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. --Matthew 12:31  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:21 pm
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Yeah, I'd say I'm a little bi. I'd never go out with a guy or anything being a Christian. But it certianly is a sticky issue confused .

That is realy unfortunate.  

iy8970970607

Xahmen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:47 am
SUPERSQUIRRELX

I bet it IS a sticky issue.
Real sticky.
Sticky like the type of stick you can only get from the hot body of another man being pressed against you in a passionate embrace.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:28 pm
-xXLady RaiXx-
Pettos the Pattus
God doesn't create beings with imperfections, I think CS. Lewis said it pretty well.

"God created things which had free will. That means creatures which can go either wrong or right. Some people think they can imagine a creature which was free but had no possibility of going wrong; I cannot. If a thing is free to be good it is also free to be bad. And free will is what has made evil possible. Why, then, did God give them free will? Because free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having." - CS. Lewis

The same goes with Lucifer who chose to go against God, I think we (ourselves) create the imperfections by our will. Im sorry, I cant really explain it...my english needs improvement.
If we were perfect then why do we have flaws? And don't say the sin of Adam and Eve. -.-

And your English is better than most Americans. biggrin

Thanks, im still learning though, english ain't that hard to understand in my eyes, its just the "explaining part" i have a little problems with. i searched up the word "flaw" and I got this:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/flaws

If I understood it correctly its kind of a "mistake" in ourselves you are talking about? If so, then its pretty much easy to say that it does involve Adam and Eve. You know, this info im going to share is pretty much unknown, atleast in my experience. I have talked to a Catholic priest once, he talked alot about important theology in Christianity. He said that Adam and Eve in fact does together mean "Earthlife" in the Hebrew language. Now, im not sure whether this is true, I haven't checked but I trust this Priest. Adam means something close to "Earth being" and Eve simply means "life". A person could also say that Adam and Eve is us, in a way.

The errors we do is not to be blamed on God, because we have an important thing, and thats free will. There will always be consequenses, and this time (with Adam and Eve) the Bible is pointing not only at the two persons but the whole humanity itself. Its like holes in our life that should be filled, but it isn't, the flaws that comes around the corner is just one thing out of many that comes with the price of choosing the only thing God forbids (at that time).

These "holes" in our life, like death is something God fills up. It was just our choice, to me it doesn't matter if you weren't Adam or Eve, this path is simply the only thing any human being would had chosen. God knows all about these flaws, He has been through human life himself.  

Zukato Nokuchiku

Big Bro

14,375 Points
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Daring Investigator 50

ferret658

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:21 pm
WE ARE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE OF ONE ACCORD! HOW DARE INDOLORO ZAHWOMEN AND SHAMPOO CHAN CLAIM TO HAVE GOD'S LOVE AND TOTALLY TURN THEIR BACKS AND AGREE WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE WRONG!!!

A SIN IS A SIN IN GOD'S EYES! IF HE CAN FORGIVE A MURDERER AND A CHILD MOLESTOR, THAN HE CAN FORGIVE A HOMOSEXUAL!

Sini, keep with it. Fight the fight and stay with the Lord. You know full well that He loves you. It may not seem like it's enough to have the love of one entity, but He is really all anyone ever needs. I'll be praying that He keeps you safe and that He protects you well. God bless.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:32 am
-xXLady RaiXx-
People aren't born alchoholics. Alchoholism is a learned behavior not a genetic disease. People pick it up from their parents or friends. It's a psychological condition not a genetic one.

try again

whatever the substance the body adapts adding more receptors in the brain

these receptors don't go away...mostly

these traits are passed down genetically

seeing as behaviorism went out of style back in the 60's your argument is about 50 years old

so is alcoholism a learned behavior for those born with extra receptors
not so much
a learned behavior implies that the action needs repeating before it is learned and the more receptors the easier it is to get them hooked
so once might be enough to start the chain reaction that is addiction

so all in all
alcoholism is more of a natural reaction that needs a bit of a kickstart

oh and while we are at it
the disease model is also way out of date  

lordstar

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers