Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:45 pm
User Image

He has had so many great games so far these season and has stepped up when it counted. It was close between him and Kobe last year but so far this year Lebron has stepped up on offense and defense. He seems like a whole new player. Is he looking like the MVP already?

EDITED BY BSF:

This is the official LBJ thread. After seeing a lot of threads having to do with James I decided to make this thread the official one! So any thread that has to with LBJ will be sent off to the recycle bin.

http://www.nba.com/games/20090220/CLEMIL/boxscore.html

http://www.freep.com/article/20090205/SPORTS13/902050402/1061/LeBron+scores+52+vs.+Knicks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:45 pm
Sounds like a plan...  

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:03 pm
Nahtan-Syab
Sounds like a plan...

Yeah, every day we see a LBJ thread... xD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:36 pm
I don't see him as a run away for best player in the league still. Even MVP now Kobe is getting back in there.  

Feune

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:11 pm
So what if he isn't on par with Kobe shooting wise. That doesn't mean he can't shoot. neutral

I think LBJ pulled ahead with last nights game. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:46 pm
Who said anything about shooting?

Lebron doesn't need to "pull ahead" he just needs to stay his ground hes been the first option for MVP all season. (which may get him the award)

Its not just about the stats...which is pretty much what Lebron beats him in. But being a leader and defensively Kobe is still the better on the ball and team defender. And last winning.
When the Lakers played Boston-Cleveland-SA all contenders Kobe has led his team to victory. I can't say wheter either is better than the other....which I still haven't done all season or in my last post. I said theres no run away best player between the two not even MVP.  

Feune

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:03 pm
Sorry about that. It's cause that's all I ever hear. "LBJ can't shoot blah, blah, blah" sweatdrop

Plus LBJ is only like what, 23? Correct me if I'm wrong but Kobe hasn't even made a Final appearence when he was around that age. Or hasn't even accomplish nearly as much as James. If you look at it that way LBJ > Kobe.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:19 pm
No I know hes a decent shooter.

Well yeah your right but only because Kobe got there when he was younger. He won his first championship at 21. Kobe at Lebrons age had 3 rings and a number of NBA Team and Defensive team honors. Lebron would need to win a championship to me to be considered as achieving more than Kobe there.

But its about whos better now. And Kobe still has 3 rings (was a great contibutor to the Lakers no matter what anyone says to spite him) Plus another Finals apperance. The 2 years before his finals appearance he got his team to the playoffs almost single handedly. Because the talent in the West was superior to the east during those stretches. Kobe led the Lakers last season to the best record in one of the most competitive conferance races ever.

Bynum got injured...Gasol got injured for a stretch where LA played other teams that were gunning for a better playoffs spot. He took the strongest defensive assignment and always got the best from the other teams.
To me if anything its just too close to call or Kobe has to slightly edge him because hes been there and done more. But since its about where are they both at right now to me its just too close.  

Feune

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:03 pm
LBJ is going to win the MVP hands down
ppl are saying but kobe this and kobe that
i still think LBJ is the best player in the league and he deserves to win it  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:06 pm
I sure hope that LBJ comes to New York in 2010. Along with either Wade or Bosh.  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

Austin Shipp
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 pm
Feune

Well yeah your right but only because Kobe got there when he was younger. He won his first championship at 21. Kobe at Lebrons age had 3 rings and a number of NBA Team and Defensive team honors. Lebron would need to win a championship to me to be considered as achieving more than Kobe there.

But its about whos better now. And Kobe still has 3 rings (was a great contibutor to the Lakers no matter what anyone says to spite him) Plus another Finals apperance. The 2 years before his finals appearance he got his team to the playoffs almost single handedly. Because the talent in the West was superior to the east during those stretches. Kobe led the Lakers last season to the best record in one of the most competitive conferance races ever.

Bynum got injured...Gasol got injured for a stretch where LA played other teams that were gunning for a better playoffs spot. He took the strongest defensive assignment and always got the best from the other teams.
To me if anything its just too close to call or Kobe has to slightly edge him because hes been there and done more. But since its about where are they both at right now to me its just too close.

when kobe got 3 rings he had shaq in his prime and others, Lebron has ......................................nice shoes?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:43 pm
Austin Shipp
Feune

when kobe got 3 rings he had shaq in his prime and others, Lebron has ......................................nice shoes?

The Cavs actually have a very good team around LeBron James. Mo Williams, Delonte West, Varejao, Ilgauskus.  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 am
The nice nice shoes comment made me laugh.

Okay being serious now. LBJ has a really good team now. Mo Williams is having a AS season and a lot others has stepped it up. There is no reason why this team shouldn't make the Finals.

Also a really great performance by King James to beat out Wade and the Heat. He finished with 42 and went 6-7 from 3.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:34 am
Austin Shipp
Feune

He only asked about accomplishments. I dunno I just think everyone knows about Shaq thats why I put that bit there in parenthesis.
I think Shaq should always be brought up but people only really bring it up to spite Kobe. Kobe to me is proven in those series he was the go to guy down the stretch he use to be their clutch shot maker. People don't remember how good Kobe was even then.
Now he is the most complete player in the game. Which is why I still think that its really close with Lebron.
Lebron will probably surpass Kobe its practically inevitable but we can't take away from Kobe and HoFers in the process of giving Lebron praise is my own point.  

Feune

AshleyMiBaby

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:40 pm
lebron should be MVP  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items