A Response.
  A Hippo.
  A Rose.
  A Mushy Melon.
View Results

Scazarith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 pm
Zahmen
My teacher in my Senior Year of high school forced us to read "Thus Spake Zarathustra" by Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.

In it he discusses how man has murdered God with his dogma.
I was horribly offended, God wants that dogma, why else would he allow the Catholic Church to continue it in his name?

I actually had to read some of Friedrich Nietzshe for an "ethics" class. Very repuslive stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:57 pm
Kazydi
Ricette
Austin Shipp
your still trying to talk christian virtues when your a Satanist
Satanist? Oh thats cute. Druid. Thats what I am and no its not the same thing. And don't you try to preach anything Christian until you learn more tolerance.

Don't try to preach anything Christian?? You're in a Christian guild!!! eek

*Sigh* neutral This happens all the time. Someone starts thread, thread goes fine, Ricette comes in to save the day!! For someone who is non-christian, you sure do love to spend a lot of your time coming to this christian forum. At least from what being a member of this guild has shown me. It'd be one thing for you to discuss and ask questions to learn about us more, but it seems that all you do is go from thread to thread arguing, instigating, belittling, and offending. Now, if we were to come to you or your "area" and start preaching down your throat about whatever sort of "nonsense" we wanted you to believe, I'm sure that you wouldn't appreciate that, and in that case you'd have every right to attack.

However, you have come to our "area," our guild, and you attack us, and put us down, and mock us, and fight us every which way. I find that to be uncalled for, and frankly, it annoys me to a great extent. I, myself, can name many instances of which I have been personally attacked by you when no sort of confrontational input was made on my behalf.

Yes, everyone is welcome here, but the kind of behavior you've been exhibiting here in the forums has been less than satisfactory, from my own opinion of course, but who am I to tell you anything you don't want to hear, right? It brings me to ask this question: What is your purpose here?

Quote:
"I get into a lot of fights with religious weirdos who get offended by me. My religious beliefs are my own. I am not Christian. Far from it. Its too much hoopla too worship some invisible anthropomorphic entity. Too cliche in the religion department."

Is that it? Those are your words after all. sad

It might be taken out of context, but if you want nothing more than to debate, and battle, and one-up someone, I do believe you're in the wrong guild. ninja

pwned... eek  

Hilarity Freaking Ensues

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:45 pm
Scazarith
Zahmen
My teacher in my Senior Year of high school forced us to read "Thus Spake Zarathustra" by Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.

I was horribly offended, God wants that dogma, why else would he allow the Catholic Church to continue it in his name?

I actually had to read some of Friedrich Nietzshe for an "ethics" class. Very repuslive stuff.

Actually, the man was a genius.
Although he went insane one day, as he was walking down the street he saw a man beating a horse, and it drove him nuts.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 pm
Zahwomen
Scazarith
Zahmen

Although he went insane one day, as he was walking down the street he saw a man beating a horse, and it drove him nuts.
Judging by his views, I'd say he was nuts to begin with.

Shame, he was obviously intelligent.  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 am
Zora Darkblade
Zahwomen
Scazarith
Zahmen

Not all of his views were crazy, he had some really good ones.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:35 am
Zahwomen
Zora Darkblade
Zahwomen
Scazarith

Not all of his views were crazy, he had some really good ones.
Kinda reminds me of Sigmund Freud 3nodding

Freud had some revolutionary views, and I believe many of them are true (regarding the subconscious). But some of his theories are too far-fetched for me. :s  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Azarahael Morganti

Is it wrong to not read/not finish a book that was assigned to you to read because it has unGodly morals and content?
I suppose that it's a pretty stupid question but I'm curious.
We're reading The Great Gatsby in my English class and all the adultery and alcohol are getting to me. I'm wondering if I should just read the SparkNotes instead of finishing the last two chapters.
Anyway.
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or whatever but I really am curious.
Thanks for all the help!

Just Listen.

Yes, it is wrong to shut your mind to information.

Characters doing negative things are often just that- Negative characters. They are examples of what NOT to be. Even if they are the protagonist, they are often flawed.

Shutting your eyes to the mere mention of something wrong is truly a terrible, soul-killing act. If you can't even look at it, how are you to stop it or fight it?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:39 am
I'm sorry but I find Austin hilarious in this topic. He's all "I DON'T NEED TO DO MY HOMEWORK THEY CAN'T MAKE ME LOLOL"
and then his typing and spelling is s**t.
I think you actually DO need to do your homework, Austin. xd  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:54 am
nah, its all good. i started to read the book and its disgusting, a nine year old boy throws a fit at his birthday cause he dident get the BRA he asked for  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Pardon my random post.
But to whoever said "too cliche in the religion department" I have a few words for you.
First: Religion is what it is. It requires worship. That's pretty much in the definition for any religion. It's what makes it a religion.
Second: Christianity is unique like none other. It has a God who loves all, LOVES. A God who wants to have a relationship with those who are saved, those who believe and have faith and love Him. Also, a God (founder in essence) who is alive. Not dead like Buddha or Muhammed or Charles Taze Russell or a number of others. And the Bible tells us that works are not what get you to heaven like other religions do. It is faith and trust in Jesus Christ and repenting to him that saves us. Once and for all. No strings attached.

Christianity is so unique from other religions.
It's a relationship that I have with God.
Anyway. Pardon my babbling.

Just Listen.

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:20 pm
Azarahael Morganti

Pardon my random post.
But to whoever said "too cliche in the religion department" I have a few words for you.
First: Religion is what it is. It requires worship. That's pretty much in the definition for any religion. It's what makes it a religion.
Second: Christianity is unique like none other. It has a God who loves all, LOVES. A God who wants to have a relationship with those who are saved, those who believe and have faith and love Him. Also, a God (founder in essence) who is alive. Not dead like Buddha or Muhammed or Charles Taze Russell or a number of others. And the Bible tells us that works are not what get you to heaven like other religions do. It is faith and trust in Jesus Christ and repenting to him that saves us. Once and for all. No strings attached.

Christianity is so unique from other religions.
It's a relationship that I have with God.
Anyway. Pardon my babbling.

Just Listen.

Christianity has so many ties with Paganism that it's hilarious.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:00 pm
Austin Shipp
nah, its all good. i started to read the book and its disgusting, a nine year old boy throws a fit at his birthday cause he dident get the BRA he asked for

...What book is that? That sounds really familiar.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:12 pm
sheheartsthings
Austin Shipp

...What book is that? That sounds really familiar.

its called LUNA idk who the author is  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:15 pm
Julie Peters. I don't think I've read it though.  

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items