Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elfgurl1234

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 pm
They Grow Up Quick
1/14/12 - 1/19/12

Seth: *is up in the treehouse, vacuuming the vast pillow collection*

Mirth: *resolves to tell her Mama to get an elevator, as she collapses on the top platform of the treehouse porch* Kirel...send for help... ;;

Kirel: *nudges the over-dramatic miniature woman, chirps, and disappears only to pop inside, chittering at Seth and herding him towards the front door*

Seth: *is surprised by the appearance of the gold flit, but stops his vacuuming to be herded toward the front door* Alright, alright XD; *opens the front door and spies a figure who is much larger than he was expecting* Mirth? =o *kneels down to help her up* Are you alright?

Mirth: *clings to Seth's knee for support, wibbly-eyed* I can't ride Kirel anymore, I'm too big T__T

Kirel: *dives down to land neatly beside the other, tucking her wings back primly and chittering a scolding at Mirth. Doesn't she see she's worrying Seth?*

Seth: *chuckles faintly* I can see that. Congrats on your growth though. *helps her back to her feet and blinks as he see what she's wearing* ...Aren't you...cold in that? *it was still January after all, and he really didn't approve of his adopted daughter wearing such a revealing top*

Mirth: Huh? Am I showing—nope, good! *fidgets with top a bit though* I'm made of ~liquid fire~ now...you can call vodka that, right? ^__^

Seth: Oh? You have vodka in you now, eh? =) Still, let's get you inside. XD;

Mirth: Okay~ *is quick to dart for the warmth of inside, and Kirel follows like an odd sort of dog at her mistress' heels* I see Mama left you plenty to take care of~ *eyes the vacuum*

Seth: *chuckles again and closes the door* Hey, might as well get things done when we can. Been grown for long? =)

Mirth: Just a night~ ^__^ I knew Mama was still working on everything so I crashed at the bar last night >>; But it's a lot to adjust to! I grew at least a foot and a half @___@ I still have to look up to things, but not nearly so much!

Seth: *smiles* You look very lovely. *pauses* Really though, I can go get you another top off of one of Dacj's dolls. ^^;;;

Mirth: *smiles back at him, until the top part, when she falls into a pout* But Papa~! I just got this body, I can't show it off a bit? ;;

Kirel: *chortle-chirps and goes to claim a pillow for a nest*

Seth: You can still show it off while being more covered. ^^;;;

Mirth: Mama wears just as little half the time :[ *twirls slowly* ...and I do look lovely

Seth: Yes, well... *her 'Mama' wasn't his daughter* At least something that covers slightly more? ^^; *please?*

Mirth: *siiiiiiiiiighs* Fetch me one of Mama's scarves. A reddish orange one, please. *can add a 'tube' to her top, she supposes*

Seth: Thank you. *heads 'upstairs' to grab a scarf* So, did you have fun at the bar last night?

Mirth: Mm~ Everybody seemed to be in a good mood, even if a few people were surprised XD How have you and Mama been?

Seth: We've been well. ^__^ *grabs a scarf and comes back down to the main level* Your mom's been enjoying making plans for your room.

Mirth: She loves making things pretty. Auntie Missy's the same, she just focuses on people instead of places. If you ask her later, some of my new clothes might've arrived ^^

Seth: Have you seen much of your Aunt Missy? =)

Mirth: Not so much lately, but certainly a lot before :3 She still shops as much as ever, I know that much~

Seth: It's amazing even the thirteen basement floors can hold everything XD;

Mirth: She rotates even that 'stock,' she said once. It's a way of being prepared, I guess? *shrugs* I look forward to seeing what clothes she has in store for me ^__^

Seth: I'm sure she'll have some very nice options. ^^ Though she may need to retake your measurements now. *he'd have to talk to Missy and ensure that she could provide Mirth with at least some slightly modest options*

Mirth: Mmm...I didn't have much of a figure before~ Lots of new measurements to take :3 *is currently of the 'if you got it, flaunt it' school of thought*

Seth: If you asked I'm sure Missy could even take you shopping with her. =)

Mirth: Oooh, that could be fun~ I don't go out in the big world much XD;;;

Seth: ^^; You're always more than welcome to ask if you want to go out with us you know.

Mirth: I know~ ^^ *makes a face* But only if I'm properly dressed, eh? *pats her Papa's knee* Whatever will you do when I get a boyfriend~? *teases*

Seth: .__.; I would like to meet him. *then make judgement call from there*

Mirth: *giggles* Then he is lucky he does not yet have to face you? I don't have anyone like that. Just a friendly sheep ^__^

Seth: *smiles* I don't believe I'm particularly intimidating, am I? XD *glad to hear she doesn't have any interests yet though. She only just grew*

Mirth: Papa has claws *touches one of Seth's fingertips lightly* And Mama says you have your moments. If it's to defend, you can be plenty scary.

Seth: ^^;;;; *he wasn't about to treat a Cocktail like he would someone who was actually trying to hurt or kill them* I've no intention of using these with any of your friends. *flexes fingers briefly*

Mirth: Using, of course not. *yawns suddenly* Growing is a sleepy business. Well, while Mama's off, what shall we do? You have books, right? :3

Seth: *nods* Did you wish to read?

Mirth: You to read to me. Or just tell stories, I suppose the book's not necessary. *smiles* Tell me about you and Mama?

Seth: *smiles warmly back* Oh? Me and your mom, hm? Did you want to hear when we first met then, or when we got together, or...?

Mirth: When you started like-liking her :3 *goes to settle in amongst the pillows and get comfy* Mama liked you for aaaaaaaaages.

Seth: Yes she did. ^//^; And of course you know your mother has always been very persistent. It's a bit difficult to say when I started like liking her though cause I was rather a bit confused at the time... If I remember correctly though I think it's been about a year now?

Mirth: Oh~? Congratulations on that anniversary then :3 How did you get not-confused then? Was it a kiss? It's always kisses in fairy tales ^__^

Seth: *amused* I won't say it entirely cured me, but a kiss did actually go a long way, yes. I won't try to claim that things were quite 'fairytale' in the beginning though. I put your mom through a lot of work.

Mirth: Oh? Like what? :3 *is determined to coax something more 'storylike' out of him and not just evasive explanations*

Seth: Oh, was just a bit of a mess still in the beginning. ^^;;; I hadn't been dealing very well with how things had ended with your aunt Noe... *did she even know much of what had happened then?*

Mirth: Mama always said it took a lot to win you over. I remember she was pretty worried about you after everything happened with Aunt Noe... *mimics her mother's thoughtful gesture, a finger to the lips* I was pretty young then, so.

Seth: ^^; Your mother is a very special person. I can't say I'll ever understand why she chose me, but...I'm grateful she did. =)

Mirth: Mama chose me too So we're just along for the ride and she tries to make it fun and exciting ^^ *shrugs* Besides, obviously she chose you because you're big and goldeny and purr *teasing*

Seth: *chuckles* That's likely it, yes. XD But yes, I do remember when you were just a drink. =) I doubt you can remember quite that far back though.

Mirth: *shakes head* Drinks aren't very aware XD;;; What about when you were little? What do you remember?

Seth: I actually remember a good amount from when I was a cheetah. But I was only one for a week, so... *he did miss the feline form sometimes though*

Mirth: *pats his paw* It's too bad your magic wasn't shapeshifty magic? That might not be too useful in a fight though. I don't know what I'd have. Princesses don't usually get magic in fairy tales, they're just kind and brave and very resourceful. And that's the part I always play, with Kirel. :3

Seth: Those are very good qualities. ^^ Does Kirel play the fiery dragon then?

Mirth: Mmhmm~ The princess' stalwart companion and trusty steed! Notsomuch steed anymore XD;;; *tucks hair back* I suppose I'll be moving onto more grownup games now ^^

Seth: *not too grownup games please* No need to rush to grow up. XD But even if not a steed, Kirel still makes for a very faithful companion. =)

Mirth: But I did rush to grow up! *grins* And Ruby is your faithful companion~ Sometimes I feel bad about stealing Kirel from Mama XD; Maybe you could get her a firelizard just for her? :3

Seth: *chuckles* I'll keep an eye out for any more eggs joining the flock. =) Though what she really wants is a cat. XD;

Mirth: *giggles* That sounds like Mama. Would a puppy be better? *less competition for Seth maybe*

Seth: A puppy might have a harder time with the tree house. ^^; *and would be more work*

Mirth: Aaah, right. Monkey then? XD Firelizards are still soft to pet, so she might compromise...

Seth: We'll see. XD *but no, no monkeys either*

Mirth: Or are you a jealous sort of Papa~? Want my Mama almost-all-to-yourself~? XD

Seth: *that wasn't—well, maybe a tiny bit* I pretty much take care of pets for a living? ^^; Just don't necessarily like the thought of doing the same on my time off as well.

Mirth: Well, that makes sense. I love Mama, but 'responsible' isn't really one of her big characteristics XD; If she got a pet she would leave it to you a lot ^^;

Seth: ^^; Save for snuggling, perhaps. *but yes, Dacj wasn't always the best with planning ahead...*

Mirth: She would give it lots of love, definitely. *chuckles* I guess it just works for us because we just need affection, not care-taking?

Seth: *amused* That certainly is helpful, yes. XD *remembers* Ah, can I get you anything to drink? That was quite the climb you made coming up here.

Mirth: *wibbles at the reminder* So long... ;; Ah! Yes please. Do you have juice? :3

Seth: I believe we should have some orange juice still, yes =) Or do you have other preferences?

Mirth: Orange is fine I've got it in me already, so! *rather likes her ingredients*

Seth: *amused* Orange juice it is then. *heads to kitchen to grab her a glass*

Mirth: *would follow along to keep him company but that's an awful lot of walking, even for longer legs* Hmm...I guess when Mama finishes up, I should throw a housewarming party. Room-warming? ^__^

Seth: *chuckles* Both in one? =) *grabs a glass and pours some juice for her before returning* Um, is this glass too big? XD; *only filled it part way, but still*

Mirth: A straw would be best ^^; *has had inadvertant showers from trying to tip back large glasses >>; *

Seth: ^^; Sorry. *goes to search and see if Dacj happens to have straws anywhere...*

Mirth: It's one of the hazards of being a drinky person. You'd think I'd come with my own straws, but apparently not XD;

Kirel: *stirs from the pillow and chirrups*

Seth: *amused by the joke* Yes, well, we'll just have to make due. *is searching the drawers for straws*

Mirth: Mmhmm~ *notices the firelizard push off into the air* Kirel?

Kirel: *chirps again, and pops between*

Seth: *finds some straws, but hears the chirping from the other room* Something going on?

Mirth: Kirel decided to go for a bit of a flight XD; *hears keys at the door* Oh! *scrambles to get up, steathily-on-purpose losing the extra scarf top so her Mama can see her as their creators intended for full effect* Mama!

Dacj: *enters; has a Kirel on her shoulder* I was wondering why I was being flit-accosted. Mirth, you look beautiful~ <3

Seth: *re-enters the room in time for Dacj to come in* Hello, Love. =) *notices Mirth's sly scarf-removal, but decides not to say anything. For now*

Dacj: *lowers herself to inspect Mirth in more detail, petting her hair* Aren't you just darling. I approve of the poolwear XD *smiles back at Seth* Hello~ <3

Mirth: *beams at her mother and leans against her* Papa was telling me stories of you two :3

Dacj: Is that so~ Hopefully not the ones where I was a brat, though there's an awful lot of those... XD;

Seth: You mean I wasn't supposed to mention those? XD Whoops~

Dacj: *makes a pouting face* Seeeeeeeeth~ Don't embarass me in front of Mirth or I'll embarass you back! *teases*

Mirth: *giggles*

Seth: But she ~asked~ for stories. *smirks* Would you have had me to lie~? *like he was doing right now*

Dacj: There's plenty of ones where I'm not a crazy lovesick teenager! Of course, how many of them are appropriate for a daughter's hearing, even a newly-grown-up daughter's...

Mirth: *holds a hand over her mouth, trying not to smile* Oh, my... ;3

Seth: *rolls eyes* Mhm... Well if it helps, no, we didn't discuss your instances of brattiness. XD

Dacj: Good *shoos Kirel off her shoulders, and picks up Mirth in her arms as she lifts herself back up to 'normal' height* And I'm going to have to build up better carrying strength XD;

Mirth: *pats Dacj's shoulder* I appreciate the view though? Thank you, Mama. *leans to kiss her on the cheek*

Seth: *wry* Speaking of 'view', I notice that you've lost your scarf.

Mirth: XD;;; *oops. Caught red handed...er, underboob baring? >>; * But Papa... :[

Dacj: *laughs* Oh, Seth, you made her cover up? XDD

Seth: It's cold outside. :| ... Also the top might need to be resized. *if she was falling out from underneath then clearly it was too small*

Mirth: *orz. She looks to Dacj for agreement - it's fashionable, isn't it? And everyone else thought it looked nice...* >>;

Dacj: She's a big...ish girl now. I think she can make her own wardrobe decisions, love. Or have Maxwell make them for her, I'm not really sure how it works straight off XD *to Mirth* We will get you some more to choose from, though. Perhaps it would be best to spare your papa's ~sensibilities~ if you can in the future XD; *except at the pool, because that looked more or less exactly what Dacj was like to don then*

Seth: ._.; *has nothing to say*

Mirth: Okay ^^;; I'm sorry I'm not wearing enough, Papa ;_______; *is not sorry*

Dacj: He'll get over it, sweetie. Just try not to surprise him with too much all at once XD

Seth: *shakes head* I'm not saying you have to apologize, Mirth. XD; Just making helpful suggestions for the future. ^^;;; *kinda. Though he supposed the scarf thing was not technically future so much as present*

Mirth: Okay ;; *has an idea* Why don't you come shopping with me then? :3

Dacj: *grins* Well, you certainly have a lot of closet space to fill in your new 'place'...

Seth: *blinks* You wouldn't rather shop with Aunt Missy? XD; I can't really claim to be an expert in women's clothing... *though where would they even find clothes for her? At a doll store?*

Mirth: You might not approve of what Aunt Missy picks >w>; *intends to have them both shop for her*

Dacj: You'd do fine, I'm sure. We'll have to double-check your measures, but if you do fit into SD doll clothing, shopping should be very easy - and even all able to be done online, really.

Seth: We can talk. ._.; *but maybe he should do a bit of searching for her birthday or something, yes. As a side present for her actual gift*

Mirth: I want to wear something that makes Papa happy~ <3 *as for others, well...maybe she'd figure out what Heat thought was cute << ... >> *

Dacj: Sounds like you'd best cover up again for now, then. *has spied the scarf...and the juice* Staying for awhile then, Mirth?

Mirth: If you'll have me ^__^ *yawns suddenly* ...though I might take a nap >w>

Seth: =) *is glad she's at least semi-understanding. Amused by the nap comment though* Well, we've plenty of pillows. XD *he'd finish the vaccuuming later*

Mirth: Juice first, then nap~ *nodnod* You found a straw? :3

Dacj: *chuckles* Sleep over as long as you like ^__^

Seth: Yes, here's a straw. XD *hands over the glass with straw now* Sorry that I didn't think of that before.

Mirth: Thank you~ *sips down the juice quite quickly, and pats her tummy lightly. Aaah, orange juice~ She tugs on Dacj's arm and the kraken woman obligingly lets her down onto the sofa amongst pillows* See you in a bit~

Dacj: Sweet dreams, Mirth XD *pats her head again and then goes to ferry empty glass to kitchen sink*

Seth: *chuckles* Sleep well. XD *goes to join his wife in the kitchen to leave her be*

*The End*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:14 pm
~Oh, Hello There~

[PRP] Afternoon Doldrums [Carmela + Seth]

Summary: Seth pays a visit to the shop and happens to meet the new Caiman Hyte there.

Seth_Avi

Seth_Avi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:16 pm
~Let the Pieces Fall~

[Hytech PRP] Hello, I'm Still Here (Dacj, Sorcha, feat.Seth)

Summary: Sorcha returns after having disappeared for nearly a year. Will she and Dacj be able to resolve their issues?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:14 pm
Life Discussions
5/2/12

Dacj: So, after another exciting day of crazy back at your mother's...want a massage? XD *wiggles fingers in what she thinks is an enticing manner*

Seth: *chuckles* It's not necessary, but I wouldn't say no either. XD *sits down* How has your day been?

Dacj: It's gone well ^__^ *sits beside him and curls several tentacles around him, her fingers moving to address the promised massage starting with shoulders* This is actually part of my 'homework' razz Jin says I might as well work on 'finger and hand dances' XD

Seth: Oh~? XD I see. *places hands down over the tentacles curled around him. Huh, that smarted a bit more than he might have thought. Ow*

Dacj: *can definitely feel that knot there* And I think maybe you've been overdue for something like this XD;;; You could get a less physical job if you liked, you know. Even elf's got to realize you want to do something else eventually...

Seth: *'knot' as in singular? Try every muscle everywhere* I could, yes ^^; Just figured the freedom of schedule might be good for when...stuff happens. *stars a low purr as she continues, though more to release endorphins then out of pure 'pleasure' even if the massage was nice and obviously long overdue*

Dacj: Mmm... *works on being more patient and thorough than overzealous* But the way that things are going... it would be bad to paralyze the life you'd really want just to be on call all the time. When things happen, we'll deal with them then... *eyes the purring cheetah* I hope that's not a stress purr XD;;

Seth: Um, no? ^^; *stress and pain purr were different? Maybe?* I suppose you have a point. =/ Guess I'd best get back to figuring that out then. XD; *purrpurr*

Dacj: *doesn't really believe the negative and tries to be a bit gentler in her approach* Well...there's always school, if nothing else? Could take a few classes and see if that sparks any ideas.

Seth: Mm. Maybe. *isn't overly thrilled with the idea of going to school and taking random classes, but can see where it might potentially be helpful*

Dacj: Or if you have some ideas, you could shadow people's work? Get an apprenticeship like mine is? *wraps a club around the cheetah's waist*

Seth: *grabs a hold of said club* Also a possibility. *softer purrs now* How goes the hand training?

Dacj: *her club wriggles in his hold playfully* It's going. XD How are you feeling? That's the more important question.

Seth: I'm fine. ^^; I appreciate the massage.

Dacj: I'll have to be better about maintaining from now on, I think. *curls some of her tentacles around themselves to make soft 'fists' to knead with*

Seth: >< *felt good and painful at the same time. The softness did help though* It's not really anything to worry about. XD;

Dacj: Uh huh. If you're allowed to worry about things, so'm I. Even if they're not the same things, in this instance.

Seth: *faint smile* I didn't realize that worrying was contagious. *purrpurr*

Dacj: Are you kidding? S'worse than the common cold as far as 'contagion' goes. XDD *teases while she keeps working*

Seth: So it would seem. XD; *owowowpuuuuuuurrr*

Dacj: *snuggles him in a quick hug* You'll feel better in the end of this. You may resemble a limp noodle, but that's just kind of how it goes. XD Unless you'd rather I stop?

Seth: *chuckles* It's fine. Like I said, I appreciate the massage. ^^; *he was probably a bit overdue, yes.*

Dacj: Sorry for not realizing sooner how much you needed one ^^; *flexes club in his grip* I actually have to tend to my tentacles veeeeery carefully on a similar accounts; we both have very physical jobs...

Seth: *lightly massages one of the clubs in his hands, being very careful of her hooks* I should be returning the favor then. *purrpurr*

Dacj: You most certainly can~ Any excuse for touch is a good excuse in my book wink But you knew that already XD

Seth: *laughs* Cause we /never/ touch each other. XD That is so rare.

Dacj: So very~ razz Alas, at least we are starting the habit now~

Seth: XD It is truly a-- breakthrough. *brief pause for unvoiced 'ow'*

Dacj: You can say 'ow' if it helps? ^^;

Seth: It's really alright. ^^; *he's felt much worse. Just keeps purring in the meantime. It seemed to help a tiny bit*

*some time later*

Dacj: Better? :3 *fiiiiiiinally*

Seth: Mhmm~ *purring out of enjoyment now* Thanks you for that. <3

Dacj: ^__^ Any time, love~ <3 *snuggles*

Seth: <3 *hugs back* Would you like a massage now yourself? XD *he’d have to mostly knead to avoid scratching her, but still*

Dacj: Yes please~ *kneading with paw-hands was totally fine in her book* Should I lay down, or...?

Seth: If it’s more comfortable for you. =) *moves to trade places with her*

Dacj: It kinda is. XD *finishes trading places, flopping down and resting her head sideways against her folded arms* Work your magic~ wink

Seth: I’ll do my best. XD *starts gently kneading* Harder? Lighter?

Dacj: A bit harder~ *even if she’s in better shape so far as tension goes, there’s still work to be done*

Seth: Alright. *starts kneading harder* [Like so~?]

Dacj: [Just so.] wink *happy sigh* You could do this for a job...?

Seth: *laughs* A masseuse needs to be able to do more than just knead. XD [Also, not everyone would appreciate the furry hands I imagine.] You were certainly good with massaging though. =)

Dacj: Maybe you could stimulate the nerves with your magic...? Holistic health care. wink

Seth: Does that even count as holistic? XD

Dacj: ... No idea, you’re the one who heals. XD But you and Eli could go into business together. wink He handles the headcases – well, nevermind, you could do that too. XDD

Seth: *jokingly* Psychiatry tag-team then, huh?

Dacj: Why not? You both like helping people. And we know Eli can’t do subtle sometimes. XD *more for magic than speaking, but the sparkles in general...*

Seth: *shrugs* It’s a thought? ^^; Don’t know how many people would willingly want me poking around in their heads though.

Dacj: When people are desperate... or when they hate talking. razz I seem to remember you yourself are amongst the latter group.

Seth: XD;;; Fair enough. *keeps kneading*

Dacj: Or~ Telepathy’d come in useful with people who can’t really vocalize? Not just mute, but like... young kids. If you can deal with tantrums. But I guarantee they’ll be enchanted by your ears and fur too. wink

Seth: *thoughtful* Hm. Also a good point. *semi-tempting... he does like kids...*

Dacj: You could always know why a baby’s crying. XD

Seth: *flushes slightly* Mm. *though he’s rather avoid the subject of kids a bit, simply cause they couldn’t really have any*

Dacj: ... And you like kids. ^^ *and they couldn’t seem to catch a break with having their own. orz*

Seth: I do. *keeps massaging quietly* [Any particular tender spots that you’ve noticed need working on?]

Dacj: *hello topic change* [My 'feet' take most of the abuse, so about a foot or so up on the tentacle where it gets bent most...] *pauses* ...should we look into adoption?

Seth: [Alright then.] *moves to tend to her ‘feet’, though pauses at the question* ... Maybe? It doesn’t look like Generation will be happening any time soon. ^^;

Dacj: Mmm...^^; *dying breed, more or less* Or there's Mom and her lab...or maybe even magic could be semi-useful in this case...?

Seth: Did you want to go that route...? =o *not sure how he feels about Mena ‘making’ them kids, but...*

Dacj: I didn't know if biological children were more your preference, or... *does want a child who's a bit different from human, generally, even if Hytes are Hytes...*

Seth: *shrugs* Biological children would be nice, certainly, but if there’s a child out there in need of a loving home I wouldn’t really say no to that either... So in the end, I’m good either way. ^^; *or they could do both, but maybe not at the same time*

Dacj: *smiles faintly, a bit sad* There's probably always children in need of a family ^^;

Seth: *pauses massaging to nuzzle her* [What do you think then?]

Dacj: … [Is it selfish if I still want a child with fur to pet?] >>

Seth: *smiles* [We’re allowed to be a little selfish.] *kisses*

Dacj: [Good to know~] <3 *kisses back* ...so I guess the next question is, 'from where.' And then 'when.'

Seth: That is the question. XD; Not from your grandmother. ._.; Aside from your mom, are there even other options?

Dacj: ...well, there's always Phanes? Maybe Aikatyrine could get us in touch with whatever kind of adoption system they might have? *Mau'vri /did/ have ears...*

Seth: *blinks* Hadn’t thought of that. You thinking Mau’vri then?

Dacj: Maybe. They've other hybrids too, but the Mau'vri seem to get the short end of things ^^; But there are Arrouna too... *shrugs*

Seth: *nods* If it’s a possibility, then certainly. *pauses* Though hopefully they wouldn’t be too harmed by the pathogens here. XD; *he’d have to keep an eye out*

Dacj: ...or spread a plague >>; *faint smirk* ...so if we /do/ happen to need to visit that treehouse city on Phanes... wink

Seth: Just pick up a kid along the way, eh? *chuckles*

Dacj: Or there, since already being used to treehouses might come in handy... wink

Seth: Might not even need the ladder, hm? XD

Dacj: Mayhaps not~ XD *pauses* We would need a bit more space though. I'm presuming a child might appreciate their own room.

Seth: *nods* Think it’s possible to expand the treehouse? Or should I just get a bigger apartment? *since they still went between both*

Dacj: Possibly both. Unless we're committing to one place or the other.

Seth: *nods* Fair enough. *kisses and resumes massaging her tentacle. Wonders how soon is too soon to ask when they should look into kids*

Dacj: I mean, my loft bedroom didn't take up all the space for a second floor, and technically we can always build down... *mulls over possibilities*

Seth: Both are true. =) … [So, which route were we going concerning kids?]

Dacj: Which route? My mother or Phanes, you mean? Or the home space?

Seth: The former. ^^;

Dacj: If time is a factor...Phanes might be the better option.

Seth: =o? How do you mean exactly?

Dacj: I don't think my mom quite has baby-creation in the lab sorted out /just/ yet XD

Seth: Ah ah, gotcha. XD; *nuzzles* [Only thing is I'm not quite sure how safe a trip to Phanes might be. XD; Even if it's outside of the barrier...] *Mayameer knew them both. He didn't want their presence to trigger anything*

Dacj: I suppose we could just see if there could be a go-between...there must be ways to communication face to face without travelling if that's the deal breaker.

Seth: Magic two-way mirror? XD *only half joking*

Dacj: All we have to do is ask Eli razz

Seth: Mm. =) *nuzzles her* <3

Dacj: I'm guessing 'sooner' is your preference wink *teasing*

Seth: Maybe a bit. ^^; *has wanted children for a very long time now...* Is that... your preference as well?

Dacj: I've had you to myself long enough. If I don't learn to share again soon, it could be problematic XD *reaches to fluff his hair*

Seth: =) *purrs at the fluffing. And at the willingness to 'share'* <3

Dacj: *doesn't have to be empathic to interpret this purring* <3 Does it matter to you, infant or toddler or older...? Chances are they'll be aging normally, so... they'd pretty much be older than us no matter what XD

Seth: *blinks* Um, well I do like younger a bit so far as getting to raise them goes, but I would be fine with older as well. *wry smile* We may have to make up our ages to our kid for a bit though, if only to avoid defiance issues.

Dacj: *chuckles* Very true. XD Well, we'll see what Aikatyrine and a magic mirror can find us wink

Seth: *smiles* Mm. =) *back to purring and massaging tentacles*

*end rp*  

elfgurl1234

Friendly Shapeshifter

elfgurl1234

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:15 pm
~The Start of a Search~

[Hytech PRP] Favors and Practice

Summary: Seth stops by Reira's to enlist her help.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 pm
~Start of Something New~

[Hytech PRP] A Quiet Surprise

Summary: Reira stops by the tree house with an unexpected guest in tow.

elfgurl1234

Friendly Shapeshifter

elfgurl1234

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:31 pm
~Show and Tell~

[Hytech PRP] Meeting the Family

Summary: After getting a bit better acquainted with one another, it's time to introduce Tobin to the various members of the Sabina family.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:26 pm
We Grow Up Quick
1/26/13

Seth: *is relaxing on the pile of pillows with Dacj and Tobin on either side, fairly wiped out from a long day at work. /This/ was without a doubt his favorite part of the day though* So, did I miss anything terribly exciting at home? *with 'home' being in the back yard of the Cottage, that was a perfectly legitimate question*

Dacj: *it's absolutely her favorite part of the day too. Well, maybe this and what comes a little later on are tied for 'favorite'...* Well, I dunno about /terribly/ exciting. We worked on Tobin's doggy paddle? *you could never be too prepared for beach trips* Well, I suppose the point was the bath but the swimming-ish part was far more fun...

Tobin: *nods* [It's not so annoying to get too wet when Dacj can dry you off so quickly ^^ ]

Seth: *well, yes, 'later on' was quite fun too* Doggy paddle, huh? I'm sure Tobin's quite a natural at it. wink *to the wolf* [Her water magic /does/ come in very handy for those kind of things.] *Lord knew /he/ certainly appreciated it*

Dacj: He's pretty good... We'll have to compare doggy paddle to cheetah paddle sometime XD *as a cheetah, she meant - but that would take a certain set of circumstances, really* Put you two in races, see if cheetah speed holds in the water razz

Tobin: *is amused, but he knows by now that Seth isn't always fond of water, so he understands the sentiment* [What did you do before her magic?] *is vaguely aware there was a time for Dacj 'before magic' but isn't sure when exactly it happened*

Seth: *to Tobin* [Put up with it as best as I could and toughed it out. XD] *back to Dacj* I can pretty much guarantee my speed doesn't still hold out in the water. XD Not enough traction, first off. =P *and second there was way more resistance in water than air*

Dacj: Psssh, /physics/. Like we let /those/ rule our lives! Resist the tyranny! Embrace the out of the box! *shakes fist playfully*

Tobin: [You must have been good at toughing it out.] *watches Dacj's ~display~* [You do have longer legs though. It could help.] *matter of fact pup was matter of fact*

Seth: *joking* Does that mean you're going to start floating around now? XD *to Tobin* [Possibly, though I'm still sure you're probably better in the water.] *scratches the wolf behind the ear*

Dacj: You just /watch/ wink *bets she probably can, albeit with judicious use of magic and possibly additional 'cheating' *

Tobin: =w= *oooooh scratches* [Maybe. I dunno. We could practice swimming together...] *half distracted*

Seth: Without magic? XD *knows her well* [Mm, we could.] *keeps scratching* [In the meantime though Dacj will be trying to defy the law of gravity. XD] *keyword, 'trying'*

Tobin: [I'm pretty sure there's a song about that. I've heard it on the TV.] *hadn't been listening super close, but it was definitely the main line of the song, he thought...*

Dacj: *makes a pouty face at Seth* Now, if you're going to take all the /interesting/ out of the experiment...

Seth: [There is, actually. XD] *he'd forgotten about that song* What happened to 'resisting the tyranny'? XD

Dacj: I'll resist your tyranny razz *shoulder-to-shoulder nudges him playfully*

Tobin: *yay he knew things~* [You're not very...um...tyranny-y?] *is a bit lost on Dacj's 'joke' other than he's sure she's teasing*

Seth: XD! What tyranny would that be this time? 'Logic'? *nudges back. Is amused by Tobin's comment and shares it with Dacj* [Thank you, Tobin. I like to think not. XD]

Dacj: Rationality means 'no fun' in over 13 languages. *chuckles at Tobin's passed-on remark* Oh, sweetie, you didn't know him.../Before/. *winks* He was all stodgy and proper. Tyranny of polite behavior, that was.

Tobin: [Before what? Dacj?] *amused* [Isn't it more important to ask what she saw in you, then?] *not that Seth wasn't very nice, and he knew Dacj was just playing, but it wasn't like Dacj could say she hadn't been interested in Seth back 'before'...right? He thought that was where she was going with the train of thought.*

Seth: *rolls his eyes while facilitating communication between the three of them* I wasn't aware that politeness was a form of tyranny. How dare I ask you what you might like to drink. XD *to Tobin specifically* From all accounts that I've heard, Dacj had been 'interested' in me for a fairly long time, politeness included. XD *may have unintentionally skimmed surface thoughts mid-facilitating*

Dacj: Exactly! /How dare you./ *grins - and averts her eyes 'modestly' at the addendum* Weeeeell, despite what they say, 'nice guys' don't always finish last... wink

Tobin: *amused to get 'backstory'; doesn't mind the thought-skimming at all* [So basically she talked you into it.] *he knew Dacj fairly well too*

Seth: Basically. XD It was a hard-fought battle, but one that I couldn't be any gladder that she won. =) *they'd had some troubles along the way, but life was definitely worlds better now than before*

Dacj: *snuggles against Seth happily, leaning in to include Tobin via body language as well* I'm a very fierce warrior, you know ;3 *and naturally as hard as she'd fought for Seth, Tobin's well-being and happiness was included in there as well*

Tobin: [You were that stubborn? XD ]

Seth: 'Stubborn' would be an understatement. XD She was a kraken who liked to do a very good impression of a barnacle. wink *a mental image of barnacles on rocks follows*

Tobin: [They don't look very pleasant XDD ] *Dacj on the other hand, was extremely pleasant, if perhaps a bit loud sometimes.* [I would think the teeth and suckers would hurt if she held on like those barnacles on the rocks...] *then again, they managed physically cuddling quite fine from what he'd seen, so maybe it was just getting to the cuddling part that had been tricky*

Dacj: Sometimes you just see what you'd like and then you have to wait for the other person to realize it too ;P *not that Tobin would be interested in girls anytime soon, likely*

Seth: [I was speaking more figuratively. XD] *not that he hadn't been literally clung to before, but...* And if they don't realize it then there's the Dacj approach of holding them down and making them comprehend. XD I don't recommend it for everyone though. *is teasing, of course*

Dacj: Well, if it /works/... XDD

Tobin: *blinks - and wonders if this isn't edging on Adult Things he's not really supposed to know about...* [I guess that's one way to do it XD; ]

Seth: XD;; [No no, nothing like that. It's a long story, but nothing 'Adult' in nature.] *though he can see where it might have sounded like that* So, aside from 'swimming lessons', what else did you guys do today? =)

Tobin: ... *if Seth said so >> * [Before the bath we played outside with the 'frisbee'. That's why I needed one XD; ]

Dacj: And what did you do today, Seth? XD *really, even with the Cottage right there, Elf's house was the more likely source of gossip right now...*

Seth: [Ah, frisbee sounds fun. ^^] *he couldn't remember the last time he had ever played that* Oh, the usual. Mom was out most of the day, so a bit more corralling to be done on my part. >>; Ah, that reminds me! We need to stop by Hytech again sometime soon. =) When she came back she said that the recent batch had grown.

Tobin: [It was! I got a little messy chasing it though ^^; ] *but it had made for a really good post-bath/swimming afternoon nap, after all that exercise* [Grown? Did they get bigger? surprised ] *isn't sure why that particularly would merit a visit, and that one Hyte with the jerky might be kinda scary as a bigger hiss-y thing...*

Dacj: Oh, have they? I forgot to try and track them ^^;; We really should see them again :3 *the noewhal had been particularly adorable and she's sure it's carried into human form*

Seth: *... Right, he kept meaning to have that talk with him* Um, yes, though not quite in the sense that you're thinking. XD; *clears throat a bit* I suppose I should have mentioned this before, but our species has a bit of an... accelerated growth rate. At least leading up to adulthood. The babies you met before are now 'tweens'. ^^; *soooo, a bit older than Tobin himself, comparatively*

Dacj: ... *oh right, they haven't ever told Tobin clearly, have they XD;;; *

Tobin: *processes this revelation quietly...even if it's totally insane.* [But...it was just a few /weeks/...] o.o;;

Seth: Mm. That's normal for Hytes. ^^; We're a genetically engineered race, and I suppose shortened time for maturation made for a big selling point. XD; *not that he really regretted how quickly they grew, but it was certainly awkward to explain to their adopted son who was more than twice their own ages.*

Tobin: ... o____o [...so how old /are/ you?] *he'd known them about a year, of course, but who was to say how soon they'd grown up before? orz*

Dacj: *the pup looks a bit shell-shocked, to say the least* ...I've no idea why, since the baby stage is /adorable/. *you'd think they'd drag it out a bit or something, if 'selling point' was the aim* I suppose us becoming self-supporting sooner is a bonus...

Seth: *mm, he rather enjoyed having the babies around himself, though Dacj's comments didn't really answer Tobin's question* ... Dacj just turned 3 on Christmas, and I myself turn 4 in two days. *this should be fun...*

Dacj: *well, there it was...* >>

Tobin: *once again, quietly processes this information. His new parents are toddlers. This is really weird.* [...so I guess you remember things better...?] *he supposes he doesn't really remember the first few years of life, in contrast to what both Seth and Dacj have demonstrated. So it evens out? Sort of? A tiny bit?*

Seth: A bit. ^^; If it helps any, we've been 'adults' for the majority of that time. XD; So we're not really quite as 'young' as our numerical ages would suggest... *that didn't help at all, did it. orz*

Tobin: *philosophically* [I suppose it depends on what you have 'adult' mean...] *is vaguely aware he has 'growing up to do' but when you jump straight from tiny to full grown, does everything really all happen at once? Doesn't it take some time for it all to settle, or something?*

Dacj: ...though, honestly, it sometimes does take us a bit to 'grow up' mentally even after we're physically full grown ^^; *is remembering her own mildly bratty young adulthood in particular. Though there are /plenty/ of other Hyte examples...*

Seth: *in reply to Dacj's comment* It does. XD; Though, honestly, I think the same can be said for most 'humans' as well, even if they have a twenty year or so head-start. I suppose in a sense everyone always has a bit more growing to do... *perhaps that was simply part of the adventure that was life?* I'm sorry that we never mentioned this to you any sooner though, Tobin. =/ *hopes it doesn't inspire him to 'change his mind' about them or anything. XD;; Cause that would be tragic*

Dacj: Mm... *not that they really personally knew /that/ many actual humans, and a world-dragon-wearing-a-human-body and whatever Seth's mother was weren't really good examples...*

Tobin: *he supposes that makes sense...so three and four years is enough to be 'a real adult' by Hyte standards?* [I'm not upset...] *just a bit confused* [I guess to you it's a little strange to be young for so long ^^;; ] *but they'd known that before they met him, so they must had been ready to 'cope' with that*

Seth: *shrugs lightly* Yes and no, I suppose. Our species is rather the exception than the norm as far as humanoids go, so... *pauses briefly* I could see how an extended childhood would be nice though. Gives you more time to learn and to simply enjoy life for a bit. *not that he didn't 'enjoy life' now, but he had to work and support a family now*

Dacj: Though having hands is useful. Being a squid was fun, but being a kid was better...for me anyway ^^; *doesn't want to tread on /too/ dangerous ground there...*

Tobin: [Mm...I mean, I guess I wouldn't really want to be an adult right away >>; ] *too much responsibility* [But you still enjoy life and learn a lot now, right?]

Seth: *nods* Mm, we do. It's just a bit different is all. Do you remember what it was like when you were younger compared to now? *... hopefully pre-All The Bad Stuff that was. >>; *

Tobin: [Umm...sort of, I guess. I suppose I wasn't as worried about learning things when I was younger?] *a lot more playing around and then sometimes the learning happened. Now he consciously studied things, like English language.*

Seth: Well, true, but even still you thought differently then, right? That's more what I'm referring to.

Tobin: [I suppose...] *hasn't really thought too hard about thinking when he was younger before.* [What's adult thinking like then?]

Dacj: *do not snicker, do not snicker...not even a /ghost/ of a smile, Dacj...*

Seth: *smiles faintly* Generally more troublesome? Everyone's different though, so I'm sure you'll form your own opinions in time.

*end rp*  

elfgurl1234

Friendly Shapeshifter

HyTech: HYTE Directory | Certificate Threads/RP Journals

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out