Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kazydi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:12 am
Ricette
Kazydi
Syrokal
Its completely cool, every argument against Homosexuality in the bible is a twisted one made to fit the Agenda.

Biological reasons are now the findings of the vast majority of Study's and God would not create you in a way against what he deemed correct.

Go for it.

Geez, he asked for God's opinion. God's pretty clear on his views against this.
Oh so you and God talk regularly over lattes and you know Him so well YOU a mortal can safely and confidently say YOU know HIS, the ALMIGHTY GOD'S opinion on this? Or are you following a rather old and obscure law from the bronze age in the Bible that helps you justify your irrational hatred and insecurity against things that don't fit into your circle of "normality"? Sorry but, not one mortal on this Earth will know His or any other deity's opinions on anything for certain. To assume you know what something that high and mighty is thinking is blasphemous and probably sacrilegious. No deity likes an uppity person.

[sarcasm]Holy pizza pockets, Batman!! A mind reader!! She knew exactly everything I was thinking!![/sarcasm]

Way to assume there, hotshot. Did I say ANY of that? I said that God was pretty clear about what he likes and what he doesn't like, and I left it up to him to make his decision from there. Geez, I leave these forums for a while hoping that things would be different when I got back.

Nope.

Still the same pompous people, fighting the same empty battles, over the same stupid topics.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:11 am
Kazydi
Ricette
Kazydi
Syrokal
Its completely cool, every argument against Homosexuality in the bible is a twisted one made to fit the Agenda.

Biological reasons are now the findings of the vast majority of Study's and God would not create you in a way against what he deemed correct.

Go for it.

Oh so you and God talk regularly over lattes and you know Him so well YOU a mortal can safely and confidently say YOU know HIS, the ALMIGHTY GOD'S opinion on this? Or are you following a rather old and obscure law from the bronze age in the Bible that helps you justify your irrational hatred and insecurity against things that don't fit into your circle of "normality"? Sorry but, not one mortal on this Earth will know His or any other deity's opinions on anything for certain. To assume you know what something that high and mighty is thinking is blasphemous and probably sacrilegious. No deity likes an uppity person.

[sarcasm]Holy pizza pockets, Batman!! A mind reader!! She knew exactly everything I was thinking!![/sarcasm]

Way to assume there, hotshot. Did I say ANY of that? I said that God was pretty clear about what he likes and what he doesn't like, and I left it up to him to make his decision from there. Geez, I leave these forums for a while hoping that things would be different when I got back.

Nope.

Still the same pompous people, fighting the same empty battles, over the same stupid topics.
Is God truly clear on what he wants or is it just humanity's massive ego telling us what they think God wants? The question being if God truly did write the Bible. If he did then why is God shown as a hateful blood-wanting God in the OT and especially in the NT. Like Ricette said, God is supposed to be this loving and caring Father. He created EVERYONE under the sun, including gays. Why would he damn them more than a liar, or a murderer? How is homosexuality a worse sin than murder? (I know you;ll prolly be like "But it's not worse than murder, it's the same" but each sin deserves it's equal attention and so far homosexuality has gotten more attention than say incest. Both are sins)  

Neferet -House of Night-

Break Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:26 am
Ricette
If your God truly loves you and everyone and everything else He "made" then he really won't hate you for your wants. Your sexual thoughts involving another male. Yes Leviticus says one thing, but well, that was ages ago before Jesus and his whole being around sort of negating those older laws. Explore your sexuality and try not to let walls of text bum you. And if you want God's opinion, do not ask us mortals. We have our biases and our wants to push others. Ask Him yourself through prayer, if thats how you talk to him.

It's true that God loves us but his will is for us to be like Christ. We can do this by following his commands. This is also how we love God, by following his commandments.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:36 am
Ricette
Kazydi
Syrokal

Go for it.

I don't think he has lattes with him but I could assume he does talk to God. If you don't know; prayer is talking to God. And yes, he can talk back if you listen. This book should help if anyone is having problems listening (most are today because of distractions). Also beware, if you don't know God's voice yet; you could mistake it for satan's.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Break Sage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:50 am
Break Sage
Ricette
Kazydi
Syrokal

Go for it.

I don't think he has lattes with him but I could assume he does talk to God. If you don't know; prayer is talking to God. And yes, he can talk back if you listen. This book should help if anyone is having problems listening (most are today because of distractions). Also beware, if you don't know God's voice yet; you could mistake it for satan's.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Prayer is more so a form of meditation.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:30 am
Is God truly clear on what he wants or is it just humanity's massive ego telling us what they think God wants?...Like Ricette said, God is supposed to be this loving and caring Father.

Why is it okay for YOU to tell ME how MY God is supposed to act, yet I can't even simply state an opinion as to what I THINK God would do in a certain situation?

Geez, what's going on here?! Excuse me for being a christian and discussing things in a christian forum. My bad.

A guy can't say anything to anyone about his religion here, without getting attacked by someone who's sole purpose in these forums is to dump red paint on everyone's wedding clothes.  

Kazydi

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm
Kazydi
Is God truly clear on what he wants or is it just humanity's massive ego telling us what they think God wants?...Like Ricette said, God is supposed to be this loving and caring Father.

Why is it okay for YOU to tell ME how MY God is supposed to act, yet I can't even simply state an opinion as to what I THINK God would do in a certain situation?

Geez, what's going on here?! Excuse me for being a christian and discussing things in a christian forum. My bad.

A guy can't say anything to anyone about his religion here, without getting attacked by someone who's sole purpose in these forums is to dump red paint on everyone's wedding clothes.We aren't saying how your god should act, we are saying that you are a bit arrogant to think you know what your god is thinking and would do. The way you say thing sometimes always comes across, at least to me, like you see him at a coffee shop and talk to him, like you have his number and all that so you know. But you don't. You can think that your god would do one thing, but to state that it is the thing he would do, thats arrogant.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:51 pm
Kazydi

A guy can't say anything to anyone about his religion here, without getting attacked by someone who's sole purpose in these forums is to dump red paint on everyone's wedding clothes.So you think it's okay to bash someone else for different beliefs? Or that it's okay to say that God doesn't like his own children? How do you know what God wants? Are you his right hand man? How can a human such as yourself know what God would want? How could an arrogant, selfish human such as yourself know what an unselfish being and unarrogant being like God would want?

We all believe in the same God. Just because you're Christian doesn't give you the right to say he is your's. God is not a thing and should NOT be considered or claimed as such. He is not a dog where you can say "nuh-uh botch, he is mine not yours" Sorry but that's not how things work. ^.^  

Neferet -House of Night-

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:52 pm
Let's make one thing clear: No one is hating on gay people here.

Edit: Neither should we be getting so heated in a place where we should be looking for enlightenment and peace... so calm down folks, please?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:13 pm
Thanks, ShideKnight ^^

There are many people who struggle with these kinds of thoughts and emotions. After all, we're only human. You're not alone.

I think the most important thing to remember is to try to remain controlled and not act on impulse too quickly when you're placed in a situation where you are being temped. The Word of God tells us to be clear-headed and self-controlled if we can help it.

And though I love gays and I have nothing negative at all to say about the gay community, there's no way I can contradict God's Word. The Bible is clear about what kind of sexual acts are okay and which are not okay.

1 Corinthians 6:13 says "The body is not meant for sexual immorality"
It's pretty obvious that this is true, because it causes a lot of problems medically.

1 Corinthians 6:12 - "Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by [slave to] anything.

1 Corinthians 6:18 - "Flee from sexual immorality."

1 Corinthians 6:9 - 11 - "Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Those where from the New Testament. And from the Old Testament, the more obvious one:
Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as you would with a woman."

This is why people are angered by these verses, especially if they like to do those things. But at the end of the day, it's your call. Either follow God and trust in Him and that He has only the best for you, or reject Him entirely and do whatever you want. There is no middle ground.

It's your life and you need to do what you believe is right in your heart regardless of what others tell you. But every action has a consequence and sex always comes with a price tag, even if it's not obvious right away.

So it's up to every individual what they want to do with their lives.
It is written:
Revelation 22:11 - "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

And the good news!
If you have done any of these things, or if you still do them, don't fret. Look what is written in Matthew 21:31 - "Jesus saith to them, 'I say to you, That the tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.' " (Jesus was speaking to Jews and Pharisees)

Indeed, He despises sin, but never the sinner. No sin is too great for Him to wash away. His love is that powerful and His mercy is great. That's why He made the sacrifice in the first place. His blood is powerful enough to cleanse the entire world, if they would only accept.

@ OP: Maybe a spontaneous thought is not a sin, but acting on the thought can be.
Continue to pray and try not to entertain certain thoughts for too long (and if you can help it, don't go looking for certain things on TV or the internet, Lol). I hope I helped a little. God bless you! ♥  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SomeGuyNamedEvan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:21 am
It's just homosexuality is so public now, it's everywhere. In every TV show I watch there's a gay character in at least one episode... I don't have to go looking for it, it's there.

And if masturbation a sin, if you don't do it when lusting over something? Like only to relieve stress?

~ heart Evan heart ~  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:39 pm
SomeGuyNamedEvan
It's just homosexuality is so public now, it's everywhere. In every TV show I watch there's a gay character in at least one episode... I don't have to go looking for it, it's there.

And if masturbation a sin, if you don't do it when lusting over something? Like only to relieve stress?

~ heart Evan heart ~

There's a saying about avoiding the very appearance of evil that was quoted recently... I swear this saying was written way back when for TV today. 99% utter BS....

Honestly, if it matters to you, just avoid shows/movies/games/books/whatever that you think are bad for you.

Really people in general should do this anyways, because the environment you keep around you has a lot to do with how you live your life, what is important to you, and what you think about, and real sin is whatever gets between you and God.

And for masturbation, err... well if you can do it without lust, but, um, isn't lust like... the point, the reason you do it anyways? sweatdrop

I think it falls into that whole sexual impurity thing eaither way though....  

ShideKnight

SomeGuyNamedEvan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:35 am
ShideKnight
And for masturbation, err... well if you can do it without lust, but, um, isn't lust like... the point, the reason you do it anyways? sweatdrop

Some do it to relieve stress, some do it so they won't have wet dreams and have to deal with the embarrassment of telling their parents they had a wet dream.

~ heart Evan heart ~  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:01 pm
SomeGuyNamedEvan
ShideKnight

Some do it to relieve stress, some do it so they won't have wet dreams and have to deal with the embarrassment of telling their parents they had a wet dream.

~ heart Evan heart ~
and some people do it so they don't get prostate cancer and it's healthy...  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ricette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:42 pm
SomeGuyNamedEvan
ShideKnight

~ heart Evan heart ~
A couple things on that topic, first, wet dreams, thats natural and hardly dirty or sinful. Its just urginsand awakening of sexuality and preperation for procreation I suppose. YOu can hardly procreate if you find your mate unattractive and unsuitable. Sorry a little off. And I found an interesting story on the whole masturbation thing in the bible. Read Genesis 38: verses 8 through 10. Its interesting.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff