Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild
RP #1 ~ Amulets and Guardians (Check First Page for Info!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:11 am
Naoko: "i'm going to go out for a walk."
Phey: *with a little bit of worry in her voice* "umm.. okay. say hi to shao..."
*phey looks at guy who just helped them and smiled, taking a step sloser to him*
Phey: "wow! thank you so much. but why? you really didn't have to.."
*Phey, unfamiliar with this sort of kindness, stares into the stranger's eyes, just in case he tells her a lie*

Baikasu says in a calm voice, " I hate it when people are screwed because of greed or unessessary hatred from another, especially if they don't deserve it. In this case, I saw both. I did what I think was right." He stops leaning against the wall while saying, "It's no big deal." He pauses for a few seconds, then starts to walk out the door and leans against the outside wall, watching people as they go by.

Naoko stretches out her arms, breathing in the fresh air.

"It's so good to be outside..." she said to nobody in particular. And I'm glad that it's dark...

She jumps on top of the rooftops with ease, not worried about encountering into her comrades and releases the Void that had been aching to get out, comforting herself in the darkness.

The only thing she didn't see was that there was a witness watching her...

Baikasu walks into the alleyway closest to the inn, then casually watches the group of travelers that he had helped previously. Then, he suddenly feels as if something's not quite right. He sees a strat cat picking through a trashcan, licking the skeleton of a rat. "Poor thing. Here." He then squats down, takes a large peice of chicken out of a pocket in his jacket, and puts the chicken right next to the rat's remains. The cat stops licking the bones, looks at Baikasu, cries thoughtfully, then starts to eat the large piece of chicken. Then Baikasu continues to watch the travelers, staying alert of his surroundings.

*phey had never such a kind person and watch as he left. she got the room keys from the innkeeper and ran up to see the room she got. a single bed, a lamp, and some scattered nic -naks as decore. there was one bathroom connecting her room to the next. *
Phey: *thinking to herself* "this place ain't half bad."
*she walked out and handed Shu his room key and ran outside to find Naoko and shao.*
Phey: "where are they?"
*she wonders down the road and finds herself in front of a church. thinking one of them might be in there, she goes in*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:16 am
Kelwyn
heart This is a GREAT story you guys! I hope it's not too late to join! If it is, just tell me and I'll delete this cry .

Daewyn was returning home with her latest "catch," an odd amulet she lifted from a rich traveller, when she saw a strange woman with crimson eyes exiting the inn. Suddenly, Daewyn felt a warmth spread about her hand and looked down at the amulet to see it glowed a soft lavender. Her curiosity aroused, the young orphan decided to follow this strange person.

*as phey enters the church, she notices the same cleric there praying. she thought about going up to talk to him, but he looked kinda busy, so she left, accidently slaming the door on her way out. she walks a little farther down and turns back after no sign of neither shao nor naoko. upon returning to the inn, she notices naoko on the roof.*
Phey: "Hey Na.."
*she stops herself from shouting after seeing someone staring at naoko. she walks into the shadow of a tall building and poses her hand over her gun to see if this might be trouble.*

Shao walks back to the main lobby and notices that everyone's gone..."Where IS everyone?" He goes asks the innkeeper, who instantly started yelling at me when she heard he was looking for Naoko and he dashed out the inn as fast as possible.
"Phew...what the heck was HER problem..."
Might as well walk around and see what's here...

Shao sees Phey in the distance, but he notices that she's being watched by someone else (Baikasu). This person seems to be following Phey pretty tightly...his stealth is pretty good, Phey doesn't seem to notice she's being watched because she looks occupied with something. But Shao should have no problem following this person from the shadows, being a former elite ninja. Shao follows this stranger quietly from the rooftops, keeping a close eye on Phey and this person.

*Phey keeps to the shadows and tip toes closer to Daewyn... her ears perk up so she can hear any conversation if any. just a few steps away from Daewyn, Phey gets a whiff of something in the air and...*
Phey: AH! AHH! AHCHOOOO!!! *thinking to herself* OH CRAP!! eek

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:20 am
Baikasu, finally realizing that you can get a better view of people from a roof, climbs onto the dumpster, grabs a pipeline, and started to climbed onto the roof with ease. Then he scans his feild of vision, and notices that girl [Naoko] in that group of travelers he helpedd was standing on a relitively rearby roof, staring at someone in the shadows. Just staring. Baikasu then says under his breath, " What's she doing on the roof, just staring?." She's a few rooftops away. He decides to circle around her until the only thing that tels him that she's not looking at him is the angle from her head to the shadows she's staring at. He climbs up a nearby building, at which point he's in front of her, rather than behind her. He keeps some distance between Naoko and himself, so that he can still watch this traveler stare down at the shadows. He readies his silenced USP in case of trouble, but keeps it and himself out of sight. He hears a sneeze come from the shadows.

Baikasu jumps down from the building, and goes silently towards the shadowy area. He figures that it would be wise to take the less traveled route, so he goes around to an alleyway entrance connected to a tavern and hides behind a trashcan, listening for any sounds at all. He readies his pistol.

*Rubicant, still on his branch, still in deep thought, decides he has only one course of action. He can't get away from the others, the magiks around him are to strong. But he cannot let them hunt him down, for together, they might be able to take him... Rubicant jumps down from his branch and begins running from the tree back toward Rohing. His feet a blur, he zooms through the medow and arrives at the gate once more. He leaps up to the wall of the city as earlier and feels around inside the inn and nearby buildings for the power of the amulets. Completly oblivious to the people on the rooftops, Rubicant jumps over to the top of the inn and begins wondering why he can't sense everyone with an amulet inside or in the streets...*

Naoko, unaware of all the witnesses watching her, allows herself to enter into her element, the black shadow hovering above her and disappearing into the Void. She hears someone sneeze below her and instinctively jumps out of the Void, revealing herself again, with katana in hand. Her red eyes glow mysteriously in the dark, but it also allows her eyesight to sharpen itself, and she sees Phey, Shao, Baikasu, and an unfamiliar woman observing her. Her eyes widen with fear.

Oh no....

She forces the Void to disappear and lands back softly on the roof. Her amulet begins to glow once again.

Baikasu looks up and waves at Naoko with a slight smile, then points to self, then holds up gun, then points to the unknown person - all in a way so that his position won't be given away to the stranger in the dark. He then creeps up behind the stranger, puls out his gun, points it at the stranger and says, " It would be wise not to move." He then says to the traveler with the katana, "You can come down now. No one's gonna be harmed. Unless, of course, a certain stalker refuses to tell anyone who they are, and what the hell they're doing."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:26 am
Shao hears Phey sneeze.

"s**t...no good...I think it's best to meet up with Phey now."

Shao sees Baikasu occupied with someone else right now. Here's his chance. He circles around the rooftops, avoiding the front-end of Baikasu. Phey was running in the alleys, hoping she wasn't noticed by Naoko. Shao jumps up in front of her and holds her mouth to keep her from screaming.

"Shhh, it's just me, Shao. Listen, we have some new 'friends' to meet..."

Naoko sees Baikasu signal to her and she nods, still trying to figure out when and where she had met this man before. She quickly calls her Void and disappears within it so as to not be seen as she jumps off the roof and back to the ground. Her grip on the hilt of her katana has not relaxed, though. The aura she had felt in the Inn had returned to her.

"This is really just my night..." she mutters to herself, quietly whispering a light spell to light up the area.

After her casting, she stares into the amber eyes of her enemy: a Shadow Behemoth. Naoko smirks, letting her own crimson eyes meet the glow of her enemy's.

"I figured that you'd be following us," she says to it, and leaps into action.

"s**t." Baikasu says after seing that the stranger he had at gunpoint was a behemoth, as he jumps back from the Shadow Behemoth. As the traveler [Naoko] charges at the enemy, katana in hand, Baikasu loads his USP with a clip of non-lethal tranculizer darts, then he aims at the middle of the neck, and fires twice.

As Baikasu shoots at the Behemoth, it merely just fades back into the shadows.

"Bullets are not going to work against it," Naoko explains to Baikasu. "These shadow Behemoths have a tendency to use the dark as their advantage."

She backflips onto a nearby balcony, barely escaping the poison of its claws. With speed unknown to the human eye, Naoko heads straight for the head of the Behemoth, using her own powers to shield herself. Her Void transports her and everything else around her into its own world. Baikasu notices that everything is now bleak, dark.

Nothingness.

Naoko slices upwards with her katana, only her crimson eyes the signal for anyone to find her.

Baikasu notices that everything is now bleak, dark.

Nothingness.

Naoko slices upwards with her katana, only her crimson eyes the signal for anyone to find her.

Baikasu says, Damnit! I can't fight without seeing anything! If I try to slash at it with my sword, I might hit the girl. Hell, I can't even see where the beast is! I have to figure out some way of attack... he thinks to himself. "Okay, what do you think I should do, then? I can't see anything besides your eyes."

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:29 am
It's best that you just follow her eyes... a voice replies to Baikasu.

Naoko continues to battle the Behemoth, who seems to be visible in the Void. Naoko herself, however, is only seen by her crimson eyes.

Yes...her eyes are the key. Don't you see, mortal? Her eyes mark her heritage... another voice replies.

If you want to find me, then get out the amulet that you own, Naoko's own voice replies in the Void. That is the only way you can see me in the Void.

"You mean this?" Baikasu takes out the stone that he found on his person that night...

... suddenly he sees the behemoth and the girl doing battle a few meters away. He puts away his pistol. "Thanks for the help! Now I will return the favor! This blade has been past down from generation to generation in my family." he says as he unsheaths his katana, "I intend to continue the tradition!" He charges at the behemoth, then jumps high into the air, preparing to strike his enemy from above.

*phey pulls away shao's hand and turns to see a behemoth. she quickly pulls out her gun and aims at the creatures left foot, before pulling the trigger she hears two other gun shots and sees how a gun won't work. she grabs her pouch and rummages through it for an alternative option to fight this thing... suddenly the area she's in is engulfed in a void*

Phey: "what the hell is going on! Shao! are you still there?!"

*phey, feeling a bit frustrated finally finds what she's was looking for. a
lightning gem she found a while back. she pulls at from her pouch and it's soft electric glow shows that shao is still behind her, she can also see the faint outline of the behemoth turn it's attention to her and roar! the light from the gem reflects off it's teeth and Phey attempts to throw the gem into the behemoth's mouth, but it misses and blasts one of it's horns instead, causing the beast to scream in agony of the electric shock. *

Baikasu misses the behemoth becaue it suddenly started to run toward this new girl, jaws open. Noticing that this new girl is the same one that talked to him in the inn, and the fact that she threw the gem and the behemoth roared with pain, Baikasu yells, " It seems to be affected by those gems. I'll distract it while you jump on it's back, find an open wound, and jab it in there!" He then tries to find openings in the beast's defense.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:33 am
*Phey hears Baikasu with the plan*
Phey: "Got it! "
*phey reaches in her pouch for a couple more Lighting gems and runs a u-turn straight toward the behemoth's amber eyes .*
Phey: "i hope you're ready out there Baikasu!"

"Ready!" he says, then slashes at it's right arm, making a slight fleash wound on the inside of the lower arm.

Phey: "Ah right!"
*Phey runs to the right arm and jumps onto the elbow. she gets her self upside down, hanging on with her legs she gets a gem in each hand thrusts them into the wound. the bolts of the gem shot though the behemoth and as it stood up screaming , it flung phey to the ground. Phey lands on her feet with a skid and watches the spectacle*

*Rubicant, finally out of his trance from all the roaring, notices all the action about the roof. Immediatly he senses the revealed shadow Behemoth and decides to start his plan. He calls out the the behemoth mentally, telling him of his alligances and wills the beast to sacrafice itself for his own cause, as his master would will it to do. Rubicant jumps straight up into the air and dives at the beast, glowing an eeire red and shedding violet light. He smashes into the beasts now exposed chest, tossing all the bystanders asunder. The behemoth roars in pain and falls, killing it self internally. Rubicant stands and turns to the others.*

Baikasu jumps to his feet and says, "Who the hell are you?" He puts his katana back into it's sheath, but keeps his right hand inside his jacket.

Oh, just a guy passing through, you all looked in some trouble and i have a little experience monster hunting. Happen to know a few weak spots and the such... Other than that, i was going to be on my way... Unless of course... I can be of any service?
*Rubicant smirks inwardly as his ruse is set.*

*After being knocked down by the behemoth and the arrival of this stranger, Phey gets up and poses her hand over her gun.*
Phey: *thinking to herself* well he did help us... but something about him doesn't settle right.

Baikasu says, "You killed that thing way too easily... What do you want from us?"

Naoko, in her element, stares down at the four inhabitants below her, merging in with the Void.

I suggest that you all escape from here, she says. I cannot hold all of you in much longer.

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:44 pm
*hearing Naoko's warning Phey looks for a way out and finds herself back in the ally of Rohing*
Phey:"hello? is everyone here? Naoko?"
*she looks around to see if the others made it out*

Shao hears Phey's voice and opens his eyes...he notices that he's back in the ally and he's on the ground. He gets up.

"I'm alright...where's Naoko??"

looks around. He see Phey starting to get up...and Baikasu is unconsious on the ground. But the other guy and Naoko is no where to be found.

"Damn, this is a weird turn of events...I didn't know behemoths still existed...And who was that guy that just took out the best like it was a fly?
Ah well..it's best if we can find Naoko and Shu and see if we can get out of this place.......and that guy over there...he seems to have an amulet also. I'll carry him with us until he comes to..."

Shao, Phey and Baikasu go out of the alleyway...

Baikasu wakes up, he notices that people trying to lift him. He suddenly ays I'm up! I'm up! Damn! My head hurts like hell... anyway, what the hell was that all about? And where's Crimson eyes?............ Know what? I think that I'll just settle for your names and what your traveling for."

*Rubicant flares up in red once mores and dissapears from the void. In the material plane he arrives in a ring of fire. As the fires dies down he looks about him.*

To Baikasu: Oh, i don't want anything, i was just doing what i could to help. All those thunder gems really weakened it anyway, i just hit him where it hurt. *chuckle* If he weren't so evil i'd feel sorry for the guy... But, when you ally yourself with the dark ones, all you can do is wait to be smited(sp?)... Well... no one seems to need me right now, maybe i'll run into all of you again soon.

*Rubicant bows and begins to head off with slight hesitance, waiting to see if anyone takes his bait now, or if he'll have to wait to continue his plan...*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:52 pm
Daewyn emerged from the hiding place she jumped into when the fight began. If it was a fight. The person she had been following disappeared, and suddenly all around her were strange and frightening noises. When the noise died down, Daewyn looked around to see that the woman she had been following had disappeared, but was replaced by several other people. When the noise died down she started to back away when she felt a hand grab her wrist.

(to Baikasu)
"My name is Shao, and this is Phey. You have not told me yours yet."

Naoko stumbles to the ground in a dark alley somewhere. She coughs out blood, her blood, with every breath she takes. Struggling to keep herself awake, she lifts her head, finding nobody around her; nobody but the dim lights of a nearby bar, laughter, and alley cats strolling about.

Wh...where am I?

She shakes her head, slowly getting up, only to lean against the alley's wall as a support. Her head throbs with pain. She sighs to herself: Damn, I used too much.

She closes her eyes for the moment, concentrating on a Cure spell to ease the headache and then finally looks around her. She knows that she is far from her comrades, but not as far as she had thought the Void had taken her.

Sighing once again to herself, Naoko strolls out of the alley, covering her face up with her hood so as her eyes are not to be seen and searches for the Inn....

*Rubicant looks about him, taking in the scene before he gives up, looking for some reason to stay and decive these... these amulet bearers into believeing he is their friend. He must find something to keep him there longer, this has to work, or else, when they find out he is just here to slow them down, he will be felled... He knows that must not happen...*

Wait a moment! Where is that girl? The one with the dark energy about her? Ya know, the one with the pretty... er... strange eyes?

*Rubicant turns back to the group and pretends to look around concerned.*

*phey falls into Rubicant's trap and makes conversation*
Phey: "i don't know? do you think she's okay?"
*suddenly phey heard a slight sound in a dark corner and sees a figure emerge, she quickly grabs the girl's wrist to keep her from escaping*Phey: "who are you?... how long have you been there?"
*seeing that the girl was obvious scared, phey loosened her grib*
Phey: *thinking to herself* she looks no older than i do...

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:58 pm
Baikasu turns to Shao and Phey after this new character left. "Name's Baikasu. I'm a merc, specialized in stealth techniques, blades, and firearms. Nice to meet you. So, now that we all know each other, let's discuss more pressing matters, shall we? Like, where Naoko went. But maybe it would be wise to do it in someplacce less suspicious, and more private, okay? we don't want any more people inturrupting us. Where do you suggest?"

I hope she is ok... I don't know this area at all... like i said, i was just passing through... i wonder if there is an inn or tavern near by... but, wouldn't it be better to just start searching for the missing woman and then meet back somewhere?

*Rubicant thinks to himself, if only I could get to her before they did... if i bring her back they'll trust me... then again, while they are seperated... Rubicant inwardly grins at the thought of ridding himself of one of his problems... No, it'd look to suspicious now... Plus, if they found out, the remaining ones might still overtake me... hmm.... Rubicant reaches out with his mind to try and locate this missing girl with glowing red eyes. He wonders how she can use dark energy and still hold an amulet... Maybe it's different... but the traces of it in the air about her, i should be able to sense her... why can't i find her?!*

Should we look around or regroup?

Baikasu suddenly see's Phey grabbing a girl's wrist, apparently making sure that she doesn't escape. He walks over and asks this newcomer, "And who might you be?" He puts his hand in his jacket and gets a grip on his pistol, still with tranculizer bullets. He keeps it out of sight

Where in the world is everyone?

Naoko walks around the nightside of town like a drunk, although she didn't intend to. It was just an easier way for people to stay out of her way while she recovered from her "little" ordeal with the Shadow Behemoths. She figured that the creature would come; it had been following her ever since she had entered the forest.

Naoko accidentally bumps into another drunken stranger, who sharply turns around, shouting, "Hey! Look whearya..."

The stranger freezes in mid-sentence upon the glare Naoko sends. Gritting his teeth back in fear, the drunk slowly continues on his way, muttering curses incoherant to the human language. Naoko continues to glare at the back of the drunk; she wished her hearing wasn't so good.

Tired, so tired...

After a few moments, she turns around and continues walking, stumbling, fighting the unconsciousness that wraps itself around her like a snake. The Musashi Inn's massive sign comes to view, as well as some of her comrades, but she pays no attention to it. Finally straining herself to take a few more steps, she collapses to the ground.

"Naoko!"
Shao immediately runs towards her and picks her up. Shao already feels a sense of familiarity with the people he just met less than a day ago. Maybe it's because these people share a common possession as he...or maybe just because he has never talked to anyone in years...

"We better get her into the inn now."

*Rubicant wonders why he didn't rush to her aid... would've been convincing... what is so strange about this girl... his reaction time is slowed... and her eyes... they pierce him...*

Yes, definatly... I don't know much in the way of healing but i'll do what i can to help her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:02 am
Baikasu says, "That would be wise then follows Shao into the inn. The innkeeper yells, "What the hell?!! What do you think your doing, bringing her in here all bloody like that! You'll stain the apolstry!" Baikasu takes out his pistol and says to the innkeeper "Don't give us any crap! She's hurt, so stay out of our way!" Then continues toward the room.

*phey runs to naoko and seeing the blood on her face, gets out a cloth and tries to wipe some of it off. she then turns to Baikasu*
Phey:"you don't think she'll die do you?"
*phey then rummages through her pouch for a potion, but finds that she has no more. the sight of blood starts to make her panic.*
Phey: "can anyone heal her?!!"

Naoko's wounds, although slight, begin to heal by itself before the two men's very eyes.

A man, standing alone in the corner, watches Baikasu and Rubicant carry Naoko in, his own crimson eyes wide with surprise. He remains where he is, however, and continues to silently observe. ...Sister?

*upon seeing Naoko getting better, phey calmed down.*
Phey:"Naoko, what happened?"
*but she noticed the naoko was looking at something. it wasn't any of the 3 of them, so phey turned her head to look at the corner naoko had her eyes on*

Daewyn follows the group carrying the injured woman to the inn. She really didn't have much choice since that girl who grabbed her had been watching her like a hawk. When the woman's wounds were healed(how did she heal that fast she wondered), all eyes turned to her. Daewyn gulped.

"Hey...I..uh...I'm Daewyn" she stammered. "I was following her (points to Naoko) cause this weird necklace thing started acting weird when she passed by and, well, then I'm not sure what happened but after it was over she grabbed me, and...uh..here I am." she finished lamely. "What's going on anyway? Who are you people?"

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:06 am
Naoko opens her eyes, still weak, but able to wake up.

"Naoko, what happened?" Phey asks her.

She doesn't hear her question, though. The man in the corner of the room, staring back at her and she too does the same. The man's about six feet and odd inches tall, wearing all black: black pants, black shirt, black boots, black trenchcoat, and two black hilted kodaichis, and of course...black hair. Crimson eyes matching hers. She knew the face, and so did he.

"...Dante..." she whispers, her crimson eyes narrowing with suspicion.

*Rubicant looks back and forth across the room. He think to himself, what is it about these stupid people... will they just shut up... sheesh.
Rubicant smiles warmly at the group and looks completly clueless, pretending nothing is going on....*

*phey goes over to Daewyn and tugs on her hand and points to the six foot something man behind her and gently leads her to stand with her and the other guys in the room*
Phey: *to daewyn* "shhhh"
*phey looks at naoko and the 'dante' and feels a reunion about to happen*

*Shuts up as she slowly realizes what's going on and waits to see what will happen*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:13 am
Dante, guided by Phey, hesitantly steps fowards, his eyes too narrowed in suspicion. Naoko sits up from her position, her eyes glued onto her brothers.

All of a sudden, everyone could see, their eyes had shifted from their crimson red to those of their element: Naoko's a dark void, Dante's a shining gold.

What are you doing here? she telepathically asks her brother.

I should ask the same. Why are you here with...mortals? Dante retorts back. Did they lure you here?

With the exception of Rubicant, the others in the room step back by the tension.

I choose to be here with them by my own choice. Naoko replies back.

More staring, more silence. Then Dante smiles darkly, before breaking contact with his sister and turning away to leave.

"That prophecy our mother told us is false, you know that," he darkly replies before he exits.

"How can you be so sure with the amulets reacting this way?" Naoko quietly replies. Then in a soft whisper,"....Traitor."

Baikasu says, "What was that all about?" He relaxes his grip on his pistol, but keeps his hand there. "I think that we should all get some nourishment, though."

*phey stands speechless, not knowing how to react after that little meeting, everyone seemed kind of tense, except for rubicant, who still stood calmly*

"Food?! Does this mean I get to stay with you guys?"

Naoko glances at Daewyn curiously. She looks at Phey and then at Baikasu with question.

*You seem pretty harmless. Besides, you seem pretty hungry. It's seems like it's up to Naoko to decide, since you're the one you were following. Naoko, think she can stay?" Then he notices the look on her face, "Before you ask anything, I'm just trying to help people. Besides, we all seem to have those strange gems. I'm just curious, y'know?"

*Daewyn turns to the person called Naoko*
"Please can I stay?" she begs. "I won't be trouble, I promise! Besides, I have a necklace like you guys. I wouldn't have followed you 'cept for that! Honest!"

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:17 am
*phey leans in close to Daewyn and sees that she's right. she has an amulet piece as well. her stomach grumbles loudly as Phey switches her thoughts to her stomach*
Phey: "yeah, come on naoko. pleeese" *a very toothy smile please* I can't wait to eat."
*phey's little fox tail starts to wag rapidly*

Naoko looks at everyone, a bit flustered. When was I appointed leader? She shrugs to herself, forcing herself to smile.

"Yes, it's fine. But I'm not paying for her food," she replies with a teasing hint in her voice.

"My treat. Okay, let's go. Follow me." Starts heading out the door, then heads for the pub restarant next door.

Yay! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! *Daewyn dances around the room, her age obviously showing. She grins* "Lets eat, I'm starving!"

Phey:"Yes! finally some chow!"
*phey, who hasn't eaten in days, was starving and started tugging at Baikasu's arm* Phey: "come on! hurry!" blaugh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:23 am
No offense all, but i'm not hungry... *Primitves, he thinks* I'll just stand guard nearby, you all seem to attract trouble, *chuckle* Maybe you all could hire me on as a body guard or something...Of course, i'm not implying that you all can't defend yourselves, you all seem quite capable... Then again, shadow behemoths around every corner, *chuckle*
*Rubicant sneers ever so slightly and quickly turns it into a smile... I should just take my chances with battling these... these... ARGH! Good thing I have some control over my emotions or i'd be flaring red right now... i hope none of them can read minds... hmm... maybe i should tone down my thoughts for a bit... just in case any of them are skilled telepaths... sigh, why do i think so much? i should just go with the flow, if i screw up i screw up... i can deal... it's not like i'm working for anyone anyway... chuckle, not anymore... smirk... geez these people do alot of uneccesary things... why did they all back up? he posed no immediate threat, they just had to move foreward again... wasted energy... hmph... lets see if they are trusting enough to hire me... then maybe i can induce some comradary with them... chuckle, yeah... that's it... i'll be thier protector and bud... chuckle...*

Phey: *to rubicant* "are you sure you don't wat to eat? rohing has real good pie!"
*phey breaks into a big smile at rubicant, and steps out the room*

"Hmmm....waitaminute...."
*turns to Rubicant*
"I don't recall seeing YOUR amulet yet...everyone else here has an amulet...but I haven't seen you mentioning anything about it or claiming you possess one."
*Shao's eyes narrow...*

Oh, that's right! i was gonna ask all of you what you were talking about. Amulets kept coming up in conversation. I don't have any jewlry... Like i said, i was just passing by and decided to drop in. Is this an amulet only group? Do i need to leave? *Rubicant thinks 'how am i going to get away with this without them knowing i have a piece of thier... hmph... maybe i'll just have to follow them around from afar...'*

"no I'm just...curious...because all of us here seem to be related by this unknown force of the anumlet...but yet you turn up also, and I fail to see how YOU relate to all of us.."

Well, *chuckle* i guess i don't relate to you all... *covers his mouth with one hand and looks to the closest person and points mouthing 'what crawled up his butt?' Then looks back.*

Like i said, if you really want me to go i will... i'm just a wanderer, i'm used to rejection.

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:02 pm
Naoko quietly watches the two men converse from her resting position on the bed. That man thinks too much... she says to herself, referring to Rubicant. She sees Rubicant mouth to her some word, but she merely sighs and shrugs.

Telepath or not, what ever he thinks is none of my business, she says to herself.

"Shao, it's alright," she says to him. "I don't see that much of a problem if Rubicant wants to help out."

She stares Rubicant in the eye, smiling slightly. "Besides, I think we need all the help we can get....especially if my brother sends out something to obstruct us."

She then gets up from her seat and follows the trail that Phey, Baikasu, and Daewyn have left behind. "Why don't we just call it a night, rest up, and have some food, ne?"

That's a great idea Naoko, and thank you for letting me help you guys. The best part is, maybe you all will lead me to new monsters to face! I can't wait! You guys go eat and i'll meet you at the inn in the morning? See ya there! *Rubicant waves goodbye as he begins to walk away.*

"ok then...see you later..."

Shao just can't seem to suspect this guy...now he's running off to an unknown place for the whole night and he wants to meet up with us in the morning and pretend that nothing has happened?...
But Shao supposes that Naoko is right, we do need all the help we can get...just from this guy...he's not sure if he's going to be a help of a nuisance.

"alright, I'm off to bed then."

Shao gets his room key from Phey and leaves.

*Rubicant finds himself perched on the edge of a roof in Rohing, still as a statue, and an expresion more grotesque than that of a gargoyle... He thinks to himself, 'if only i could seperate those... those... damned fools... i could pick them off one by one, and problem would be solved... but no... they 'have' to stick together... sigh*... at least i've got them letting me come with them... and that paranoid Shao... if i could get rid of him maybe we could have smooth sailing... i'm going to have to rush ahead and set some traps outside of town... maybe i can get them all at once... hmm...' Rubicant jumps up and glows red, and dives toward the outer wall... when he gets to low, he lands on a roof top and jumps again, diving outside the city on the third glide. A faint thud is heard and a burn mark is left where he landed as he rushes off into the medows. Occasionally, he stops, kneels and begins meditating...setting slightly glowing red dots on the field in a circle with an opening in one side like:

..............................................X
...........................................X....X
.........................................X........X
........................XXXXXXXX.............X
...................X..................................X
..............X..........................................X
..........X.............................................X
.......X..............................................X
....X.......................................X......X
..X...........................................X...X
X................................................X

over an expanse of about a quater mile, about 2 miles from the exit leading toward the closest temple. He then walks to the very center and holds both hands down, creating a golden blue swell in the earth. He then takes about an hour digging around the swell and then under it, lowering it inch by inch into the ground. He covers it with dirt very gently and jumps up into the air once more. He leaves the town further behind him to the edge of a light patch of forest. He shoots strings of red energy and loops them around branches all around the patch of trees. slaping his hands together he leaves the forest and takes to the air again, using his gliding routine, he arrives back at town and lands on the wall, waiting for the sun to rise.

The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff