Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Can you be SURE your going to heaven? Yes! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:13 pm
Jews DON'T believe Jesus was the messiah. That's what makes them jews.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm
rofl rofl rofl rofl
Oh my gosh! I can't believe you guys are going nuts over this!

I never SAID works weren't important. I said not to focus on them at the moment.

My goal is to get people SAVED. I'm not concerned about works AT THE MOMENT.

You all agree that Faith is the most important. I agree too.

You all agree that Faith without works is empty. I agree with that too.

But many people get caught up on that point when wanting to get saved. I'm trying to simplify the process and make the Faith part as easy as possible.

Infact, I'm getting confused about it and slightly frustrated just listening to you guys trying to explain it. *uncrosses eyes*

Which is needed first? Faith or works? Without Faith works are meaningless. so works CAN'T come first! Faith is empty without works? Yes. But that means that Faith should come before works.

If faith comes first, then shouldn't we focus on getting people to believe before they start worrying about what works they should do?

That's my point. Works come later. Focus on Faith right now. Once you got that part down, which I've simplified, the rest follows.  

Aquiella

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:28 pm
Leave it to me to go off on some tangent that isn't terribly important at the end, to have someone reel attention back to the things that really are important... rolleyes heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 am
Being saved requires works, not Jesus.  

divineseraph

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:24 am
divineseraph

So now I am wondering, what exactly do you believe? Rough outline?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 am
divineseraph
But there's a verse that says :You cannot go to my father without going through me"  

Neferet -House of Night-

Aquiella

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:34 pm
Could you please move this conversation to another area? I'd like this to remain a topic on how to get saved and not turn into some debate about what you believe gets someone saved.

If you don't mind? Thank you!
~Aquiella
Trying her hardest to remain polite.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:53 pm
Aquiella
Could you please move this conversation to another area? I'd like this to remain a topic on how to get saved and not turn into some debate about what you believe gets someone saved.

If you don't mind? Thank you!
~Aquiella
Trying her hardest to remain polite.
What do you expect. Not every sect of Christianity agrees on the same idea of getting saved. In fact it is what they argue most over.  

Neferet -House of Night-

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:25 am
Dark Angel Rai
divineseraph
But there's a verse that says :You cannot go to my father without going through me"

Through me. Could this not mean through his actions and examples? You can't get to heaven but through the Ten Commandments either, but you're not expected to pray to the carved stone tablets.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:50 am
divineseraph
Dark Angel Rai
divineseraph

Through me. Could this not mean through his actions and examples? You can't get to heaven but through the Ten Commandments either, but you're not expected to pray to the carved stone tablets.
Many will say that without accepting Jesus as the lord and savior, you cannot go to Heaven.  

Neferet -House of Night-

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:55 pm
Well I'm fairly certain 3nodding . Unless there's a drastic error in the Bible or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 pm
divineseraph

This is completely false, it's the other way around. Being saved requires Jesus, not works. Works cannot save you, it is only through believing that Jesus is God and asking him to forgive your sins and be your Lord and Savior that you can be saved. Doing good works is good, but it will not save you. Salvation comes through Jesus.  

tigerflute

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:59 am
tigerflute
divineseraph

This is completely false, it's the other way around. Being saved requires Jesus, not works. Works cannot save you, it is only through believing that Jesus is God and asking him to forgive your sins and be your Lord and Savior that you can be saved. Doing good works is good, but it will not save you. Salvation comes through Jesus.
Being saved requires both faith and works. Without works faith is nothing. And without faith works is nothing. It's a balance like anything else in this world.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:36 am
Dark Angel Rai
tigerflute
divineseraph

Being saved requires both faith and works. Without works faith is nothing. And without faith works is nothing. It's a balance like anything else in this world.

Being saved does not require both faith and works. For example, if a person accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, asked Him to forgive their sins, and gave up their life to Him right before they died, they would be saved and go to Heaven. It would not matter that they had not done any good works. God does not want your good works he wants YOU. No amount of good works will ever save you.  

tigerflute

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:38 pm
tigerflute
Dark Angel Rai
tigerflute
divineseraph

Being saved does not require both faith and works. For example, if a person accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, asked Him to forgive their sins, and gave up their life to Him right before they died, they would be saved and go to Heaven. It would not matter that they had not done any good works. God does not want your good works he wants YOU. No amount of good works will ever save you.
That's a common misconception. Just because you accept Jesus doesn't mean you don't sin any more or any less. People let that pride get to their heads and that is what makes them fall from grace in a sense.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff