*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
so i saw a topic in prayer request Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you believe he can change if we all help pray?
  probably not....:/
  yes he can!
  i dont know
View Results

Aquiella

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:12 pm
Syrokal
Summary: Nope, once more the translators of the KJV version made Another epic **** up in there attempts to translate the bible, in the passage of Issiah it is Clearly stated that it' is the king of Babylon being mentiond i mean it says "Issiah 14:4 Thou shalt take up this proverb with the king of babylon"

For some reason in 14:12 They mistranslated the hebrew Haalal meaning "to shine" or Bear light so the issiah verse actually should read

14:12:
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Shining son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!”

It is a Generic referance to the king of Babylon's fall from grace nothing more nothing less, i mean the term Bright Morning star is used in Referance to Jesus later in the Bible.
He is later even refferd to as a man in 12:16

I'd like to know where you got the info on hebrew translations. I'd like to read it myself if you don't mind.

And what other "mistakes" did the KJV supposedly make?

and btw, 14:4 is taken out of context in your post. When reading the surrounding chapters, the verse is meant to imply that you take the proverb and tell others who are like the King of Babylon, so that they may not make the same mistakes he did.

And you quoted the verse as incomplete and one word is incorrect. I'm typing this DIRECTLY from MY KJV bible.

"3And it shall come to pass in the day that the Lord shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,
4That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Bab'ylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
5The Lord hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
6He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth."

Isaiah 14:3-6  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 pm
Zora Darkblade
Satan is not an angel... anymore. According to the Christian theology that I'm aware of, he's fallen and will never rise again.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to pray for the devil. It makes absolutely no sense to me. That's like going up to someone who raped your children and killed your entire family and giving that person a ton of money, a kiss and a hug. xd

It just makes no sense. The Bible clearly states that any sin may be forgiven by God EXCEPT for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. And Satan is the first blasphemer, the worst of them and he provokes others to do the same so that he can corrupt their souls.

God is not gonna high-five the devil any time soon, and the devil does not intend on carrying out God's plan. He wants to corrupt God's plan. He wants to copy Him and pretend to be God so that he can gain followers and to drive people away from the truth. His greatest achievement is probably convincing the world that he doesn't exist. Satanists don't actually believe in the devil, they think they're just having fun and passing the time, completely unaware of what is really happening in the spiritual sense.

God has already made up His mind and the Bible says that He keeps His promises. Satan, his fallen angels and his followers on Earth will be thrown "into the fiery furnace, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth". Refer to Matthew 13 where Jesus compares this world to a field where weeds grow among good wheat.

Don't waste your time. Instead pray that you and your loved ones stay strong against the enemy's schemes and that God covers you all with His protection. Just as He will punish demons and those who follow them, He will protect you and guide you. After all, He is just. More than we. Those who are good will be rewarded justly and those who are evil will get what they deserve.

i'm going to have to agree with you.
i think God would rather us pray for something or someone that isn't lost forever.  

graceylove

Ricette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:30 pm
graceylove
Zora Darkblade
Satan is not an angel... anymore. According to the Christian theology that I'm aware of, he's fallen and will never rise again.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to pray for the devil. It makes absolutely no sense to me. That's like going up to someone who raped your children and killed your entire family and giving that person a ton of money, a kiss and a hug. xd

It just makes no sense. The Bible clearly states that any sin may be forgiven by God EXCEPT for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. And Satan is the first blasphemer, the worst of them and he provokes others to do the same so that he can corrupt their souls.

God is not gonna high-five the devil any time soon, and the devil does not intend on carrying out God's plan. He wants to corrupt God's plan. He wants to copy Him and pretend to be God so that he can gain followers and to drive people away from the truth. His greatest achievement is probably convincing the world that he doesn't exist. Satanists don't actually believe in the devil, they think they're just having fun and passing the time, completely unaware of what is really happening in the spiritual sense.

God has already made up His mind and the Bible says that He keeps His promises. Satan, his fallen angels and his followers on Earth will be thrown "into the fiery furnace, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth". Refer to Matthew 13 where Jesus compares this world to a field where weeds grow among good wheat.

Don't waste your time. Instead pray that you and your loved ones stay strong against the enemy's schemes and that God covers you all with His protection. Just as He will punish demons and those who follow them, He will protect you and guide you. After all, He is just. More than we. Those who are good will be rewarded justly and those who are evil will get what they deserve.

i'm going to have to agree with you.
i think God would rather us pray for something or someone that isn't lost forever.
No one and nothing is ever truly lost forever and in response to the other post here, why not pray for Satan? It may be pointless, it may not. Sure he rose up against God and tried to take over by staging a most likely bloody war in the celestial planes, but, not one soul or being of any sentience is beyond hope and forever lost. He's just on his own path for what he believes is the right way. Thats how everyone on this earth thinks too. And besides, without Satan, there would probably be no God worshipping religions at all. Just like if Judas never betrayed, Jesus would hav elived a longe rlife and been without renown, if thats the word, and if Benedict Arnold had not tried ot betray the infant US, the US would not exist and we'd be under British rule still, possibly. Never forget those we vilify and hate, they mad eus who we are. ANd they were following their own paths of right.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff