What makes a Xian?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BNLChris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:29 pm
Hey guys,
I haven't been on the forums in a while, and I have been in and out of Gaia...going to college and studying writing, movies, and comics take a lot of time....but is amazing!
SO, my question for everyone...Xian and non-Xian alike (Xian is Christian...just so you all know.) Anyway, what makes a person a Xian?
Is it some choice, is it a list if rules followed, is it bombing abortion clinics, is it being a doormat and letting people walk over you, is it telling others they are going to hell, is it telling people there is no hell, is it supporting gay marriage, is it being progressive, is it being green?
Is it about theology?
What makes a person a Xian?

I was just wanting to hear your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:39 am
A Christian is being a believer and follower of God.  

stickyfeet

Three Mile Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:06 am
It is as the name states "Christ Like" that is what makes you Chrisitan the persuit to attain a spiritual likeness and perfection to that of Jesus Christ.

Through faith, and Through Works  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:21 am
It's about following Jesus and trying to live His example.

I don't think it includes being a doormat, because Jesus was very firm with people. There's a balance between being outspoken and being a doormat that you've got to try to be in, I think.  

ShideKnight

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:41 pm
Being a Christian is to be like Christ. It is to follow his teachings. It is to be like him. It is also to believe in God.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:25 pm
So, it seems that among those who have replied...that this thing....being a Xian is about aiming at a higher goal...following someone...and I would normally agree....but I wonder...is there something more to being a Xian?
I mean...is this just something that we can just say 'yes' to...or is this something that requires a relationship...and I am not saying that we are allowed to freely sin....but have we put to much of a focus on sin and morality....when the focus should be on Christ and building a relationship with Christ...and from that real relationship....morality...or doing good things, become a fruit of our relationship.
So my next question is just that...do you think that there is something deeper to this, or can being a Xian be summed up in 4 points?  

BNLChris

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:45 pm
BNLChris
So, it seems that among those who have replied...that this thing....being a Xian is about aiming at a higher goal...following someone...and I would normally agree....but I wonder...is there something more to being a Xian?
I mean...is this just something that we can just say 'yes' to...or is this something that requires a relationship...and I am not saying that we are allowed to freely sin....but have we put to much of a focus on sin and morality....when the focus should be on Christ and building a relationship with Christ...and from that real relationship....morality...or doing good things, become a fruit of our relationship.
So my next question is just that...do you think that there is something deeper to this, or can being a Xian be summed up in 4 points?

Wow, I can't believe I forgot to add that onto my post sweatdrop redface

Totally it's about relationship. I remember hearing that the vast majority of the material in the new testament is eaither directly about relationships, or put in terms of a relationship.

Relationship between you, God, and Jesus, and relationship between you and your community.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:49 am
ShideKnight
BNLChris

Wow, I can't believe I forgot to add that onto my post sweatdrop redface

Totally it's about relationship. I remember hearing that the vast majority of the material in the new testament is eaither directly about relationships, or put in terms of a relationship.

Relationship between you, God, and Jesus, and relationship between you and your community.

EXACTLY! And this is not directed at you in any way possible...but I talk to Xians who seem to forget this. Like...Xianity is not about becoming a better person or making the world a better place...those things are fruits from a relationship with Christ...we are his bride...his loved.  

BNLChris

Anji-Neko-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:46 am
True Christianity.

The belief in one God who works in 3 functions: The Father who is the creator of the universe and everything in it, the Son who came to this earth as a human to die in order to restore the bond between mankind and God which was broken by sin, and the Holy Spirit which dwells within us in this day serving as the counselor which came to this earth after Jesus went to heaven.

Christianity is not just about being nice and doing good deeds. Yes that is all wonderful and you will be blessed for it. But the core meaning of being a Christian is to take the second chance that Jesus gave us by dying on the cross (and coming back to life) to become one with God again asking for fogiveness of our wrongs so that he can bless us and we can have the relationship that we were meant to have with him. That each day we devote ourselves to the Lord so he can make us better people. And when are time is up we can be united with Him in heaven.

And another important part is to go out and inform the people of this beautiful gift of salvation so that others can know that there is hope and that only through Christ can we be guaranteed a better tomorrow.

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games