Reply Advice
So I might be... pregnant

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jazzmo13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:21 am
I'm a freshman in college, I've recently become engaged and I just turned 19. Unexpectedly, and according to my lovely little test, I might be pregnant, by my fiance. Yes, should have waited until marriage, don't grumble at me. I know... Sorry, slightly defensive, cause I'm kind of going "Oh dear, oh, dear, oh dear!" right now and its reaaaaaaallllllllly hard to talk to anyone at the moment because of that.
So, if I am, I am keeping the baby because my child is my child and is god's child. And I will love him/her, with all of my heart. Now the question for me is, how do I handle this?

1. How do I tell my mother? She'll support me either way, but GAAAAAAAH, how do I be clear about the fact and tell her, due to my rough childhood, she will have no say in how my child is raised, but also explain she can still be there in my child's life?
2. I have no insurance, I'm a broke college student, like my fiance, though we both have jobs and grants and what not, so how do I get the help I'm going to need, because even quitting college (which I wont' do, I'll take online classes if I have to) I still couldn't earn enough money to live where we do, its a high rent area, like 350-500 a WEEK for an apartment?
3. I'm living with my grandmother, so how do I handle her, she's always been there, but I'm here for HER not the other way around, so uh.... can't even clarify this question?
4. And how do I find a good doctor... this is an extremely small town and I don't really trust doctors here. They're inept in a lot of ways.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 am
Well I think you should tell your grandmother first seeing as how you are living with her. Then your mother will need to know.
My advice would be to not be nervous just sit them down and tell them the truth. You could tell them at the same time. Oh and I wouldn't tell your mother right away that she has no say so ... that would just make it harder.
After all you've got some time before your little one arrives!
Or maybe when she tries to say something or tell you to do something differently then you want to, just tell her "mom this is my child, my responsibility, my chance to be a mother. You got to raise me now I wanna raise mine"
As far as money goes
Maybe you could get some kind of government help
My sister is pregnant with her 2nd child
With her 1st she got wick while she was pregnant
And for insurence
Here in Louisiana when you're pregnant you get medicaid, which pays for all your doctors visits medicine and hospital time!
Then your baby can be put on medicaid when it's born as long as you dont make to much
To get all of this you could go to the health unit in your town or a town near by.

And for doctors look in the surrounding area, towns that you can drive to for doctors appointments.

Well I hope I helped you
Please let me know how your doing!  

Zeelora

1,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Informer 100
  • Profitable 100

Ricette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:27 pm
It is difficult telling a parent or grandparent about a pregnancy that you may not be totally prepared for. I know, I had to do it a few months ago. And while it iwll be hard and you know they will support you, tell them. I am sure they can help you get the care you need. And does your state have an6y benefits programs? Like a medicaid program? Some states have it so people who have no insurance and cannot afford privatei nsurance can get the care needed. And i totally understand the nheed for a good doctor and in a small town it can be hard ot find the best. I have a similar situation though if there is no one in your town reccommeneded or trusted you may ahve to look the enxt town over which is not cheap. I congratulate you and your fiancee though on news of the possible pregnancy. And as said in the post above this, apply for the WIC program, your local branch of Health and HUman Services can help you with that. Its a good thing to have, gets you things like milk, cheese, cereals, juices, basic nurtition you need. Its an excellent program and it helps allieviate costs. I'm on a fixe dincome myself so I have to watch money and WIC has been a big help to me with this pregnancy I am in. But find the Health and HUman Services office nearyou and they can help you get any assitance you need to get.. Its a lifesaver to be honest.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:45 pm
Put foot in mouth.
Shoot yourself in the foot.
It is better to sacrifice yourself to God than live the life of a fornicator.  

Xahmen

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:11 am
Zah, you're an idiot. The point isn't that sex is bad, it's that once you make that choice, the result is the result. If you have a great time and don't get pregnant, great. If you do get pregnant, killing the child so you can erase your actions isn't right.

Jazz, just tell them. They may be disappointed, but which will hurt them more? Telling them and coming to terms with it, or hiding it from them until the last possible moment?

There should be people and institutions willing to help. Unfortunately, capitalist bullshit is a large reason for abortion, because women feel pressured into killing their children when things like this come up. Of course, the abortion industry loves this, and offer it up to you as a solution to our problem, when the real difficulty comes from societal pressures and being a round peg forced into a square hole.

You'll be able to do it, and you and your child will both be quite thankful that the two of you survived. Just keep your head up and remember what is important to you.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:26 am
divineseraph
Zah, you're an idiot.

TEEHEE  

Xahmen

Blood Saga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:42 am
Congrats! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:37 pm
Jazzmo13
I'm a freshman in college, I've recently become engaged and I just turned 19. Unexpectedly, and according to my lovely little test, I might be pregnant, by my fiance. Yes, should have waited until marriage, don't grumble at me. I know... Sorry, slightly defensive, cause I'm kind of going "Oh dear, oh, dear, oh dear!" right now and its reaaaaaaallllllllly hard to talk to anyone at the moment because of that.
So, if I am, I am keeping the baby because my child is my child and is god's child. And I will love him/her, with all of my heart. Now the question for me is, how do I handle this?

1. How do I tell my mother? She'll support me either way, but GAAAAAAAH, how do I be clear about the fact and tell her, due to my rough childhood, she will have no say in how my child is raised, but also explain she can still be there in my child's life?
2. I have no insurance, I'm a broke college student, like my fiance, though we both have jobs and grants and what not, so how do I get the help I'm going to need, because even quitting college (which I wont' do, I'll take online classes if I have to) I still couldn't earn enough money to live where we do, its a high rent area, like 350-500 a WEEK for an apartment?
3. I'm living with my grandmother, so how do I handle her, she's always been there, but I'm here for HER not the other way around, so uh.... can't even clarify this question?
4. And how do I find a good doctor... this is an extremely small town and I don't really trust doctors here. They're inept in a lot of ways.

we should be seeing some results by now  

lordstar

Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces