Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Awaiting the Day of Judgement Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:43 pm
Is it normal to constantly fantasize and await the last day? Especially when I read the Bible, I would find myself daydreaming of being woken up by Jesus Himself, and being told that it's "time to go."

Do you guys do this too? Or am I just being impatient?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:00 pm
You're not alone; I do it too! I mean if no one thought about it, we wouldn't have Left Behind! xd  

Mountain Rose

Ablazed
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:55 pm
Rose Spuds
You're not alone; I do it too! I mean if no one thought about it, we wouldn't have Left Behind! xd

The Left Behind series is so unbiblical it's frightening.

Rapture itself is a completely unbiblical concept based on taking several bible verses to an extreme and misconstrued interpretation...

Yes, I dream about the day I get to meet Jesus. It's possible I may meet Him when time ends, because it's possible time may end at any moment. But regardless, I know I'll meet him one day.

I don't think it's unusual to think about getting to see Him! I think that's the basis of quite a few of Christian music out there, because it's such a wonderful thing to look forward to, you know? heart  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:25 pm
I, too, am awaiting that most glorious of days. I cannot wait until He comes and gets us. When I ask my Pastor at church why Jesus has not come to get us, he simply says 'Jesus is waiting for every last person who is going to accept Christ, to accept Him. The moment that last person does, is the instant we leave our human lives behind, and join God and Jesus up in Heaven.' I take those words to heart, and so, I simply live my life as best I can, until that day. Sorry, I ranted again. I would say that it is perfectly normal, as a Christian, to dream of that day. I know I do. And those are the best dreams ever  

Tornadomaster_Auron

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:00 pm
Ablazed
Rose Spuds

Rapture itself is a completely unbiblical concept based on taking several bible verses to an extreme and misconstrued interpretation...

Yes, I dream about the day I get to meet Jesus. It's possible I may meet Him when time ends, because it's possible time may end at any moment. But regardless, I know I'll meet him one day.

I don't think it's unusual to think about getting to see Him! I think that's the basis of quite a few of Christian music out there, because it's such a wonderful thing to look forward to, you know? heart

Yay! 4laugh

sweatdrop What the heck is Left Behind anyway? (Thinks of "no child left behind")

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:05 pm
Tornadomaster_Auron
I, too, am awaiting that most glorious of days. I cannot wait until He comes and gets us. When I ask my Pastor at church why Jesus has not come to get us, he simply says 'Jesus is waiting for every last person who is going to accept Christ, to accept Him. The moment that last person does, is the instant we leave our human lives behind, and join God and Jesus up in Heaven.' I take those words to heart, and so, I simply live my life as best I can, until that day. Sorry, I ranted again. I would say that it is perfectly normal, as a Christian, to dream of that day. I know I do. And those are the best dreams ever

It's ok that was a good rant. 3nodding And that's a good point about every Christian finally accepting Christ. That really really really feels soon though, so I guess that's why I feel more anxious than ever.

lmao On a slightly funny note, you know how He says He'll come like "a thief in the night"? I was always frightened of the thought (because I lock my bedroom door at night) that he would come and have to knock on the door and be like " scream LIZ GET OUT OF BED ALREADY!!! -band bang bang-" lol That would suck. sweatdrop

ChibiLi

Tornadomaster_Auron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:33 pm
That would be funny. And yes, this world is in the end times. I believe we are only, at most, three or four years away. Of course, don't mistake me for one of those people that believe the world will end on a date that man thinks it will end  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:57 pm
ChibiLi
Ablazed
Rose Spuds

Yay! 4laugh

sweatdrop What the heck is Left Behind anyway? (Thinks of "no child left behind")

Left Behind is a series of fiction books, and a couple of movies, that are based on the end times. And I actually haven't read them, but a lot of people are into them. xd  

Mountain Rose

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:19 am
Ok, to me, I think that you are smoking something. Share plz? To fantasize about such a thing, is pretty sick. You want it all to end? Sick and sad.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:38 am
Ablazed
Rose Spuds

I'm curious as to why you believe that the Rapture is unbiblical, can you support this argument? If the Repture won't happen, then what will become of believers? Will not God destroy the earth and create a new one?  

Orizion

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:22 pm
Orizion
Ablazed
Rose Spuds

I'm curious as to why you believe that the Rapture is unbiblical, can you support this argument? If the Repture won't happen, then what will become of believers? Will not God destroy the earth and create a new one?
Could you please point out the chapter and verse where it says the Rapture will happen? Please?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:37 pm
I know the feeling all too well -_-  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:37 pm
Revelation 7:9-17 talks about the Great Multitude, standing before God and praising him. One of the twenty-four elders says in verse 14, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation" (NLT). John writes about them before the Lamb breaks the Seventh Seal and before the Trumpets are blown, so this leads the average reader to believe that we'll be taken up to heaven before it's all over.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:43 am
Ricette
Ok, to me, I think that you are smoking something. Share plz? To fantasize about such a thing, is pretty sick. You want it all to end? Sick and sad.
well if one believes good things are to come for them at the end of the world, is it still sick? one of the wonderful things about christianity is that we don't have to worry about when we die, because we know there's some awesome stuff waiting for us. with an outlook like that, does it still seem like we are smoking something?  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

Kazydi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:56 am
Ricette

Hey hey hey, no one said that they WANTED it all to end. We're simply discussing that when it does happen, what we think it'll be like.
ninja

Buddhists think of Nirvana, and we think of going back home. [sarcasm]Oh wait, I forgot!! We're Christians, we're the evil religion!! My bad, I'm so sorry!

SHUN!! SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!!![/sarcasm]

We believe what we believe, and I believe that you have come here, not seeking answers, but to belittle, and start up and argument in an otherwise delicate environment. Please don't do that.

Kthxbye.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces