Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
Help us help you. [Suggestion Box] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:08 pm
I cannot help but notice the accelerating decline of activity in the guild, and I want to do something about it. But you are going to have to help me.

Tell me, what would you do to improve the guild?
Edit the rules, change the structure, anything! Be as harsh as you want, I promise my feelings will not get hurt. =)

Suggestions so far:
-more promoting out-of-guild
-more contests
-town meetings
-unique threads in guild

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:36 pm
In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity...

I'm working on becoming more involved in the guild. I feel that I should be doing my civic duty as a founding member of the guild.

And just a small suggestion would be promoting the guild out in other guilds and in the forums, if we aren't already doing so... *shrug* I'll think about it and see if there isn't something else... EDIT: I know, we should have more RP contests...

...I'm not inclined to resign to maturity

Alexandria Denton

Soft Serenity
Crew

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:47 pm
Don't suddenly abandon the roleplays. People are waiting on your post. This seems to happen in every single roleplay I'm in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:59 pm
It's as Lilly said... People have abandoned the roleplays that they are involved in... I am planing on starting a new RP that is very similar to the one where you found Tap, Fea, Ronan, and I...
Perhaps send out a message to those who are inactive, and see if they plan on being active?  

Ekimal Tsan

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:49 pm
.:: Like a butterfly through a paper shredder...

Ava, we already have a recruitment thread that many seem to be avoiding.. [sadness], and we have four affiliations so far. =) I'll check on them to see if they are reciprocating their bond.

Ekimal, we do what we can, but there are many members, and it is hard to keep track of who is or is not posting. =)

Thank you for your responses, everyone!

...so fricken' awesome. ::.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:35 pm
Like a shooting star across the midnight sky...

Eh... I invited all my friends, but with little success...Maybe if we do massive recruiting over at the forums? The roleplays are dying, but theres alot of really nice ones in Barton Town. If those people could post them here instead...?

Maybe we could have a Roll Call style thread? Those of us who are active could take a couple people each and send them notices...?

...Wherever you are you're gonna see me fly

icecreamsparkle

Springtime Capitalist

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Both those ideas sound excellent. With your second suggestion, however, this is a flaw: how do we distinguish between the active and inactive?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:05 pm
I know I have mentioned this to you before, but I think it deserves to be mentioned again.

I think it is unfair to kick out active roleplays simply because the inital person to post the thread is no longer in the guild. If people are still posting, what difference does it make? When you have pages and pages of rp history, people notice your thread and view it as a legimitate rp. It's a pain to restart a thread and basically have to abandon all of those posts simply because the inital creator is gone. Some of us have school, work, and or both and just don't have the time to restart and repost everything to try to keep our roleplays alive.

I think if the inital member leaves, the option to take over the thread should be given to someone else. Then a post could be made in the thread referring everyone to direct questions or PMs to that person, and the rp gets to continue. If we are seeking activity, we shouldn't be killing active threads based on a technicality.  

Cheshiyre
Crew

icecreamsparkle

Springtime Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:02 am

@Buddeh-E: Easy-Peasy. Make it an annoucement, bold and all. We could all send out PMS by taking a certain amount of members each asking them if they're active to post in the Roll Call thread within a certain amount of days. Whoever doesn't, give them a second chance (more time) before deleting them from the guild?

And Minai-chan has a really good point. We should have Gm/Co-GM policy. Everytime an rp begins, the creator should choose one or two people that have joined/or have not joined as the co-GM(s) in case they leave/disappear/etc so the other person can take over. We can have people volunteer to be co-Gms in such an event, too. Like have a list of people who are willing to do as such.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:29 am
That's a great idea! I have a roleplay that I just had to shut down a character's temporary role, and hope they return just so the roleplay could get moving again.

Soft Serenity
Crew

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Fair enough. I'll make a note in the Rules thread to recommend, but not require, to have a co-GM. The only problem I see is that the front page of a roleplay whose founder is gone can never be updated.

Ok, I'll get to work on that announcement now! =D Usually, I give the members a week after I've sent a PM to be more active.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Mhmmm... Sounds like progress...

As for the first page unedit-able thingum, we could always remake the rp with the co-GM and copy-paste/link-to the original...? (which could be lying in the desert ?)

Idk. Just a random idea. ^.^

A week sounds good enough. If you can't send PMS to all 89, we could all share the burden and do like ten/fifteen each.

Plus, if anyone of those inactive members really want to rejoin, it isn't even that difficult.

And we should have more contests. Like not for invites, but for like random advertising or teh most creative advertisement PM, etc.

xD Just brainstorming here, don't kill meh. <3

icecreamsparkle

Springtime Capitalist

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 pm

No, no, what you're doing is LOVELY! I shall not kill what makes me happy. =)

I like that first idea. =D That's what the founders of the guild did with this roleplay we were all in.

MOAR CONTESTS, YOU SAY??? BRILLIANT!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:29 pm
More contests is a good thing!
Maybe . . . we could have a member clean out or something.
I don't know. =/
Maybe we can have aweseomer prizes for the contests we have?
Or have activities, not just rps & contests.
When I used to go on Neopets, the guilds there
had various activities to do. Like an image that loked like:
User Image

and you have to guess what it really looked like. you'd have a choice between these two:
User ImageUser Image

& you'd PM your answer to someone and you'd some kind of prize. It wouldn't be a contest because more than one person could get it right. ^^
Maybe we could also have like a crossword or something. x)
Those are just some of my ideas. =p

c r a s h - p l a s t i c

Soft Serenity
Crew

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm
Lilly has an idea.
I run contests in two other guilds,
plus on other places. If wanted I could adminster many, many different types of contests, plus find additional judges.
^^;
Sorry that I didn't mention that eariler.

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff