Total Votes : 112

Rayhenart

8,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:54 pm
Goodbye Toonami crying

The "bang" in the end was a nice touch (ah Cowboy Bepop memories xd )

I voted for Dragonball Z but my real favorite of all the Toonami shows would have to be Mobile Suit Gundam Wing  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:27 pm
User Image  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

KaleKatsura

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:08 pm
Takarada Kaoru
User Image

That made me giggle...I was listening to the Outlaw Star theme a few minutes ago while I was playing GRAW 2, so...tee hee.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:50 pm
Pink Mint Tea
I loved Toonami!
I loved Adult Swim too.
I remember having the TV down really low on Sunday Nights so I wouldn't wake anyone up with Cowboy Bebop. That finale really got to me.
Toonami was totally my after school thing. I loved Reboot!

Nowadays, Adult Swim gets on my nerves. Those black bumps are annoyingly arrogant.
it took me a couple of years to see cowboy's final ep. i was sooo mad when spike died. well it was a sad fury in my heart...

mmm poetic. wink

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

freestyle_skater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:07 pm
I have watched different dubbed versions of gundam wing. they're so good. But when it comes to sailor moon, I never laughed at english version. because asian humor is different. Just my opinion. I remember watching toonami in USA in 2001, 2005 and 2006. Here in Philippines I can only watch when I visit a friend or relative that have cable TV. This poll shocked me over bout toonami is gone. Where is this btw?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:35 pm
KaleKatsura
Takarada Kaoru
And then Yu-Yu Hakusho moved to Toonami, getting the same censorship treatment that the TV edit of DBZ got. sad

Yeah, I wish they would have just finished out the series though instead of getting clear up to the final battle bewteen Yuusuke and Togoro.

they did finish the series, it just went the way of sailor moon sadly, only showing at 4 AM when no one was up to see it on the weekdays crying  

Naoe_88

Naoe_88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:42 pm
the worst part is i didn't even know it was over til now, all this time i thought they were remaking it or something ( this is what i get for working most saturday nights -_-' )

i used to watch it when it ran all night and replayed til the morining. Sailor Moon, Voltron, Thundercats, all the Gundam series ( especially Gundam Wing, i had the game at one point ^_^ ), basically every show ever presented by toonami, where and still are my favorites.

ah man, i feel really bad now that i know it's gone and i didn't even get to see the final episode!! crying i'm afraid to ask but......how long has it been gone? cry  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:18 am
Naoe_88
the worst part is i didn't even know it was over til now, all this time i thought they were remaking it or something ( this is what i get for working most saturday nights -_-' )

i used to watch it when it ran all night and replayed til the morining. Sailor Moon, Voltron, Thundercats, all the Gundam series ( especially Gundam Wing, i had the game at one point ^_^ ), basically every show ever presented by toonami, where and still are my favorites.

ah man, i feel really bad now that i know it's gone and i didn't even get to see the final episode!! crying i'm afraid to ask but......how long has it been gone? cry

It'll be one week midnight tonight.  

KaleKatsura

Naoe_88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:13 pm
KaleKatsura
Naoe_88

It'll be one week midnight tonight.

*sniffle* bye bye toonami  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:22 am
I can't say I blame them if they were getting horrible ratings.

It really did start to go downhill about 2001, 2002. I kept watching DBZ till the very end though!

We can always hope for Cartoon Network to gather up an collection of good solid animes and reestablish Toonami in a few years, perhaps a grand re-opening/relaunching.

I think if they got the right shows and relaunched it would be fantastic.

I know Tom was great, but by the end he wasn't even the same Tom, I say it's time for a new host.  

TemporarilyIdle

Hyung Horangi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:32 am
*salutes toonami* you will be greatly missed... sniff... sniff....  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:32 am
I'm pretty sure I can remember the time before Toonami - I know for a fact there was once a Cartoon Network-free world. In that world, they showed The Beastmaster every Friday like clockwork. But I'm not here to discuss THAT.

Holy crap, Tenchi. We'd watch that every afternoon, or tape it to watch later. Even if it was the dub, it was worth it. And yes, Outlaw Star, too. And of course Bebop. *cough* and my ex had a thing for DBZ... weirdo *cough cough*

They had Kenshin at one point, too, right? Memory's hazy =p
And ReBoot!

Toonami gave me access to things I couldn't afford at the time, and something with a plotline that extended beyond the one episode we were watching. That's the thing about anime - it HAS a plot. I think that's one of the failings of American series, and why they crap out eventually. Nowhere to go. All the drek CN has on now (excluding the imports) seems to be geared toward people who A) can't sit still, and B) don't want to follow a storyline for more than two episodes.

I've been not just talking about Toonami. Sorry ^^;
But then, aside from Megas XLR (space redneck, LOL), I haven't been watching Cartoon Network at all. I'm a Court TV junkie. COPS FTW, baby!  

Setsu-P has stepped out

Lady Tombstone

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:44 am
Need to bring back the Bebop!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:05 pm
I watched DBZ everyday since the first time I ever saw it. I had a schedule. Go to school be bored all day. Come home and blast through chores. Turn on my toonami. Watch DBZ! Then sailor moon, tenchi muyo!, Gundam Wing, and whatever else came on. When the good shows stoped showing, I stoped watching. A week ago I decided to see what came on and it was the last day! I saw little robot dude say goodbye and fly away! I was sad...  

Andrung

Pookynators Mom

Hitched Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 pm
I enjoyed the Thundercats!! biggrin  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items