Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Old Topics
The Dizzy Drake Tavern/Inn Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JaydeElf1187

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:53 am
Tristian let out a sigh of relief and leaned against the bar for a moment. He couldn't wait for Isaac to get here and help him! He looked around the tavern and noticed a young lady approaching the counter. He smiled. "Anything I can get you, miss?"

Jayde was quite content with her hard cider, feeling it warming her cheeks as she slowly sipped on the drink. What time was it? She glanced at the clock, its hands indicating it was two-thirty.
The elf sighed. Maybe she really shouldn't have come so early. She was already bored, and when she was bored at a bar, she usually got drunk.
And she really didn't need to be drunk when Isaac arrived.
Last time it was a disaster.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:18 am
Nearing the bar she is caught muchly by surprise as a figure suddenly changes before her eyes. The man that was covered with machinery had caught her attention as she entered filling her mind with sadness as she wondered what he had been through, the thought had been quickly dislodged by her own feelings of uncomfort.

Now suddenly the machinery covering him seemed to shimmer and then melt!

Mouth falling agape for a brief moment as she breathe inward in surprise "oh!" She sidestepped quickly out of instinct and moved to the other side of the bar still hoping to procure a room.

a smile spreading across her face she nods "please, I know your busy but if you have a room available I'd like to stay the night" she noticed that although he looked weary from his obviously busy afternoon it seemed to make him happy.

She climbed onto the stool at the very end of the bar, far in the back where she could observe and calm herself through gaining familiarity.  

Katilys Heartsong

7,550 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Lacuna Sidera

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:34 am
He watched the new woman appear and gave her a slight smile before he stretched his back and wings. He adjusted his sleeves a bit and grinned slightly before taking another gulp of mead.

"Mmmm...So now I wonder...what should I do...well...get a room would be a good start but...I do so love sleeping in trees..." he was very careful to make sure that the bottoms of his teeth never showed when he smiled or grinned.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:44 am
The red skined woman got up from her chair grabbing her sword obviously bored, and annoyed that she hasnt been served yet and walked to the bar sitting next to the new customer. "Oy, can i get some service? I would like some dragons blood ale please." Putting her feet up on the next bar stool.  

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Katilys Heartsong

7,550 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:57 am
admiring her boisterous new neighbor she smiles and nods gracefully.

beginning to relax she removes the lute from her back and perches her toes on the rail of the stool next to her beginning to play a soft haunting melody.

glancing up she catches the eye of the winged man on the other side of the room. Curious about this mysterious stranger but still opting for reservation she wonders who is passing through and who will be staying the night here.

Leaning her lute against the bar she slips her cloak off revealing a pale green tunic tied with a leather belt, holding a wineskin and a dagger, over her silver skirt and leather boots. but most notable were the graceful irridescent wings edged in a glossy black that were large enough to reach the back of her knees if she were standing. They hung gracefully under the lengths of hair that fell down her back.

spreading her cloak across her lap she picks up her instrument and begins a new cheerful melody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:54 am
As he turned to glance around the room one last time, he noticed the man change before everyone. "Found another one.." He spoke to himself, making sure to make direct eye contact with this creature, before pulling the hood over his head, and leaving the tavern, going to look around town.  

Vincent Valintine

Lacuna Sidera

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:22 am
He smirked as the man left, and with the woman playing the lute he finished his mead before he suddenly jumped up onto the table and clapped in time to the woman's tune.

"Through the Knolls they ran
Lover's most joyous yet bland!

Back and forth they bantered!
Yet ne'er had they ranted!

Running from home, and hearth!
And the many complaints of raising and birth!

Forever they ran that they did!
Ever and every never did they stop for a bit!

Then the strangest of all things happened!
Wrought from far and forth by a man most talented!

The man who was blind, the woman who was deaf!
He fixed them both, no longer blind, no longer deaf!

They shattered and scattered, the blind man thought he had a woman
The deaf man had no clue that the blind one had the voice of a serpent!

They couldn't stand the truth, they couldn't handle it
So they scattered to the winds bit by bit!

Take to heart all who hear that if a man gives you promises of cures
You're better off broken and drinking your beers!
"

He bowed to everyone gathered.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:41 am
Surprized, a smile crept across her delicate features and she played more enthusiastically as the mysterious stranger sang. he had a mesmerizing voice....

after the last chord rang out she set her lute down quickly and stood clapping for the kind sir who had recognized her song. she couldn't help the gasp of surprise yet again as a melodious giggle escaped her lips.

feeling her cheeks grow warm she quickly sat.

Katilys Heartsong

7,550 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:03 pm
Starting to feel more comfortble in her surrondings, and lulled by the haunting music played by those two beautiful yet vaguely intimidating creatures once it had finished she attempts to catch the barkeepers attention. She slides her slender arms out from her shawl and leans against the bar, hooking her bare feet behind the rail of the stool  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:31 pm
The old man sat quietly in his chair by the empty hearth, content with watching the comings and goings of people. So much so that he hardly remembered the tea that he asked for. Of course, thinking this caused him to remember the tea that he had ordered, but seeing as how the poor lad behind the bar was being inundated with orders and requests, he felt that there was plenty of time to wait and simply enjoy the atmosphere.

Glancing about the tap room, he eyed several patrons that seemed to stand out from the rest. The elf at the bar trying not to look bored, but failing to some extent, though only to the trained eye. Hmm. How un-elfish. Then there was a female feline of sorts mixing with an almost elven creature at the fire hearth across the room. A lady traveller joined them, though she seemed more on edge than did the others. Fascinating. A young women sat in a corner, being very quiet, and very still, and keeping very much to herself. To each their own I suppose.

Then the metallic stranger at the bar dropped his veil and revealed his true nature. The man's brow furrowed momentarily at this, unsure of what to make of the man. Should keep an eye on that one. But then entered a small fair maiden, as such that he had not seen since ages past. Her elegant garb was eye catching, and her beautiful face framed by locks of golden hair held the eyes in place. More impressively, was the lute upon her back. Oh good, perhaps she is a travelling minstrel. I do so enjoy a good song.

Sure enough, once she had spoken with the owner, she unslung her instrument and began to play. It wasn't an old song, depending on who you asked, but he had heard it before. He was contentedly humming along when the strange winged creature leapt upon a table and began singing. He wasn't bad by any means, but the old man got the feeling he was trying to hard to be showy, although most tavern songs such as tis one were meant to be.

At the songs conclusion, the old man gave two simple raps with his cane. Acknowledgement enough, but leaving no doubt that he'd seen better. Though to be fair, the experiences with which the old man held his life to compare were most fantastic. Some of these memories bubbled to the surface momentarily, granting him sight of days gone by. Of entertaining high courts and lowly taverns alike. Of gallavanting across the countryside with his friends and companions. Then just as quickly they were gone, and the old man was left with the present and the sounds and smells of the tap room.

He was beginning to feel a little thirsty, perhaps he should get something to drink.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Vincent Valintine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:44 pm
As he walked throughout the town, he was thinking to himself about the creature he had just seen. It was unlike them to reveal themselves in such a public way. He found a tree at the edge of town, and sat down under it, looking towards the tavern in the distance. "Curious.." He thought out loud.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:38 pm
The golden eye lady nodded back to her company, becomming comfortable at the bar. She watched as the golden hair bard played her lute and nodded along to the lyrics of the poem keeping an eye on him while he was on top of the table and appluded the two performers after they finnished. Seeing two winged creatures oddly began to feel like home to her..but remembering home wasnt really home since she didnt exactly fit in. Her scalely hand taped at the table lazily thinking of something to do that will un bore her, almost wanting to join in with everyone. "might as well.." shruging, she got up and hung her cloak freeing her dragonic wings out stretching them since she had to hide them everywhere she went to.. "mmmmmm...much better..i dont remember the last time i got to enjoy open space and good music."  

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

YouDubb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:23 pm
A man made his way down the road into town, whistling a soft tune to himself as he went, his feet marching in time to the beat. The sounds of music and singing caught his ear and brought a smile to his face and his tune changed and he sped up to match it until came to the door of the tavern and inn. He grasped the handle and pushed the door open, the afternoon light spilling in behind him until he closed the door. He took a moment to glance about the room and smiled again. He stood easily at 5’11” and was slender with a lightly muscled build. He had light sandy brown hair that was cut short and kept neatly combed. His face held a light tan from traveling and even had a few lines in it though he was only 26, the reason for that being that he laughed and smiled so often.

His clothing was simple as well, dark brown leather armor to afford protection and mobility, a pair of light dark green pants with brown knee pads sown in. Worn leather boots and steel backed leather gauntlets. A traveler’s cloak adorned his shoulders and a basic long sword hung at his waist. At first glance he appeared to be a normal human. But upon second glance one would notice two things, the first being his forest green eyes, surprisingly intense in color against his lightly tanned face. The second was the air about him, it seemed to hum and crackle every so slightly. It would be clear now, that this man was a Spellsword, a fighter who could use magic to some degree as well as fight with a bladed weapon. But the faint hum of magic about him suggested that he was more powerful than a normal Spellsword.

He took in the sight of the room and couldn’t help but smile wider, there were lots of people to talk to and there would surely be rooms for rent. Well...I won't be able to play for money, but that's alright. I'm not much for entertaining tonight. He thought to himself and sat himself down at the bar, humming softly and nodding politly to any who might acknowldge his presence.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:56 pm
(Holy crapola!! gonk I'm sorry for being so slow! >.< I never thought my room would take off this well. I might have to make it self-service instead...)

Tristian gave the transforming young man an odd look before returning his gaze to the blond. "Oh, yes, we've got plently available." He smiled.
He turned to the young dragon-like woman who had propped herself against the bar. "Oh! Forgive me... erm..." My he had some strange looking customers today... "miss, I must not have heard you order the first time. As you can see..." He motioned to the room. "We're plenty busy this afternoon. Dragons Blood Ale it is." He nodded, moving to grab a cup just as a kitchen worker brought out a wooden tray with a hot tankard of tea and rolls. He sighed, then turning to the elf. "I don't suppose I could get a little help, here, Jayde?"

Jayde looked up from her cider and shrugged. "Sure thing. I'd better get payed this time though." It would keep her from getting drunk anyways. She picked up the tray. "Where does this go?"

"To the old man over there." Tristian pointed to the wizard-like man sitting near the fireplace.

"Got it!" The elf smiled, moving over towards the gentleman. "I beleive this is yours, sir. Sorry for the wait." She set the tray down on his table.

Tristian poured the dragon's blood ale from a small casket, and set the cup on the bar near the serpent-woman. "Here you are." Ah! Good ol' tavern music! He bobbed his head along to the tune as he went about his business.  

JaydeElf1187

divinity of pride

Newbie Vampire

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:49 pm
"aye, thank you. Its ok, its understandable when your under maned." She nodded and took a long drink from the class and sat it down.  
Old Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff