Submit

Flawlessly Flawed

Beloved Regular

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:23 pm
You can't even mention the word without being flamed, unless you are doing exactly that. You can hardly make friends here because all you get is demeaning comments about your intelligence, and people so hardened to it that they go out of their way to hurt you. Does anyone here know of a good christian avatar site? This one is getting upsetting.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:27 pm
True.
But you should be ready for it is prophesied.
You will be persecuted. They will curse you, for what you believe in.
"I will die for what I believe in."- A Christian Martyr would say...
Also, its better to be with unbeliever than a believer.
Believer to Believer contact: "Fellowship"
Believer to Non-Believer contact: "Evangelism"
the Bible says, "The angels on heaven will rejoice when the lost is found."  

I Zero Phantomhive I

Flawlessly Flawed

Beloved Regular

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:05 pm
I know but i'm not really looking to evangelize online, everyone here is too thickheaded to even accept that we are intelligent. I'm looking for fellowship cause i need to be built up right now, been losing contact with lots of friends and am wanting to make new ones of the christian faith, i used to be able to look here and not worry but it's just gotten horrible no ones really even posting in the guild  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:42 am
Well, there's christianforums.com, and that site will always have active people, unlike here on Gaia.

about two years ago, I remember all of the Chrstian guilds here on Gaia being really active. now most of them are dead and/or slowly dying/slowly trying to stay alive. in fact, most of the guilds that I've joined, secular and non-secular, are half dead.

I guess most of the literate, intelligent Gaians already left the site when the n00b invasion began.

I mean, just look at the GD. It looks terrible now. I'm not so sure about ED, but I assume that it's terrible too. I haven't been on both of the forums in a while because of stupid GD people and too many hardened, thick-headed people in the ED.

honestly the only thing I do on Gaia now is talk to my close friends in our little private guild. I've been on this site for four years now, and it's starting to get boring. What's the point on wasting my life making a million posts just to get the best pixels for my avatar? and there's no freakin' way that I'm even going to spend REAL money over something that won't last long and is not even of use in real life. I don't want Gaia taking up my spiritual life.

Jelai

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:55 am
Masterful Bunny Leo
I know but i'm not really looking to evangelize online, everyone here is too thickheaded to even accept that we are intelligent.

No wonder people flame you. That is so horribly insulting.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:32 am
Lady Kayura
Masterful Bunny Leo
I know but i'm not really looking to evangelize online, everyone here is too thickheaded to even accept that we are intelligent.

He's got a point, although I guess he could have brought it down a bit. But anyway yeah most people here don't want to accept the truth. They have this perception about God that is different from ours such as God wouldn't send peple to hell, we but into their buisness way too much, we are not liked to an extent here, etc. Most of the gaia topics are mainly sexual now, either that or about religion (mainly us Christians), and what not to me. I could be wrong but it's just what I've noticed.  

As The Pokeball Turns

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:46 am
Lady Kayura
Masterful Bunny Leo

I beg to differ~ The truth hurts. Go anywhere, say "I love Jesus" or "Jesus is my Savior" and instantly people will come up and flame you, debate you, call you names, etc.. It's not insulting to call people thickheaded if they really are...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:00 pm
mazuac
Lady Kayura
Masterful Bunny Leo

I beg to differ~ The truth hurts. Go anywhere, say "I love Jesus" or "Jesus is my Savior" and instantly people will come up and flame you, debate you, call you names, etc.. It's not insulting to call people thickheaded if they really are...

This is an important (if not important, then needed to be talked about) topic, thx for posting

A while back,I posted a topic saying looking for some christian friends, here are the replies:

Wat you believe is stupid
You're stupid
I hate you
Good luck find them on here, idiot
You wont find that in me, freak

And thats without the cursing part
Dont you miss the days when ppl didn't care what you believed  

Frygate

Jelai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:19 pm
As for the intelligent part, now let's not take this to the extreme. I think many people get this notion that all Christians are stupid, ignorant, holier than thou, etc.

as for all who insult a Christian for saying that Jesus is Lord and Savior, etc., remember guys...Matthew 5:11-12...

11 "People will insult you and hurt you. They will lie and say all kinds of evil things about you because you follow me. But when they do, you will be blessed. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because you have a great reward waiting for you in heaven. People did the same evil things to the prophets who lived before you. (New Century Version)

there are people out there who have always hated God/Jesus, those biblical people hated him first, and their generations will continue to do so too. so to this day many still do. they will hate us because of God/Jesus.

but another reason that they hate us is because of what some Christians do. you know, not really showing the love of Christ and instead do foolish things like "God hates gays!" etc. They ruin their own testimony. this is another reason why many dislike us and see Christianity in the wrong light.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:33 pm
Lady Kayura
Masterful Bunny Leo

^^" True as that may be i shouldn't curse those who curse me, just had a sour attitude, my blood boils every time i see people blindly insulting for no reason other then their different belief let alone a belief i share. Me, i don't get flamed often cause i'm not online often enough to do so. I usually, do not insult people i was just stating a point ^^"

@Jelai: Thanks that's actually comforting ^-^  

Flawlessly Flawed

Beloved Regular

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:40 pm
mazuac

Truth to you isn't truth to another. And that's your problem. That's the OP's problem. That's the problem of everyone that whines "I get flamed for loving God". You ignore the fact that people have other beliefs. Instead, you go to them and just flat out say "guess what, you're wrong and I'm right" or "I'm going to heaven, you're going to hell".

How do you expect people to react? Do you really think anyone will say "HOMG, UR SOOOO RITE!!! I R TEH SINNER".

No. That would be stupid.

Christians are so notorious for ignoring other's beliefs, saying others are wrong. That is simply a lack of respect. And you wonder why people flame Christians? rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:44 pm
Friendly Yoshi
I guess he could have brought it down a bit.

Makes me wonder how he is outside of this guild. Perhaps he needs to bring it down a bit out there.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:48 pm
mazuac
Lady Kayura
Masterful Bunny Leo

"Jesus loves you."

"Prove it."

And they are justified in asking you, but I think it comes because of their hardened hearts. They don't realize that you mean (in their terms) "My Lord, Jesus, whom I believe in, but will neither force on you nor attempt to assert absolutely exists in empiric thought, loves you."

If you said it in that buttered up way, they'd probably accept it, even if your meaning is exactly the same.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:32 pm
Not everyone is like that... I used to be a Christian and I made friends fine o.O
No one really cared. I'm an atheist but I'm not going to flame you or anything or ask you to justify your belief unless you shove it down my throat o.O
I consider myself at least semi-friendly. sweatdrop  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:33 pm
People are just generally annoying when it comes to theological and spiritual discussions (not to mention brazenly ignorant).

The problem is that many Christians indeed do tend to get a bit pushy and judgmental, even though Christ says "Judge not, so that you will not be judged." Naturally, people like that will be met with angry responses.

Still, there are many Christians, myself included, who DON'T go around pushing our beliefs towards others, or wearing sandwich board signs telling people that they're condemned to hell. And the ones who don't do these things STILL encounter hostility, for no particular reason.

We can testify the good news if we want to, but people will always try to stop us, forgetting that the First Amendment allows us freedom of speech AND freedom of religion.
Has anyone ever died from being told "Jesus loves you"?? ......Didn't think so. And would it kill these people to simply say "Yeah, I don't believe in that, but thanks."

You shouldn't let a few thick-headed idiots and spiritually-starved morons drive you anyway. I've been here for a few years now, and after watching several heated debates, all I do now is laugh at them. My peace and joy cannot be taken away by a few brain-dead washouts, so try not to let them get to you.

And excuse the poignant adjectives I used to describe these types of people, but I think they're fairly accurate. (In Spanish, I'd say "Esta calaƱa de morones!") xD

Just remember this. A debate between two persons, one Christian, one not ended something like this: "If I am wrong, and there is no Heaven or God, then when we die, we both lose. However, If I AM right, when we die you still lose and I gain everything."  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff