Submit

Ross Mohan

Blessed Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:45 pm
No one knows for sure why Shannen left. She wanted more money, fought with Alyssa, wanted to be in more movies, was just a b***h.

But what we do know is she owns the image of Prue Halliwell.

Thus, when the Charmed Action figures were released, Doherty did not let them make a Prue figure.

Also Doherty still owned about five percent of Charmed. just as Alyssa and Holly did. [Shown by the fact that they are named as Producers in later seasons.]

But the reason Prue was not in the final episode in person or in photos was the same reason when they go back in time in "clip-show moments" and revisit past events Prue is faced away from the camera, because its not Shannon, but a double in a reshoot. This is evident in "Cat House" when Leo go back in time to see how their relationship started and changed. Since Doherty owns "Prue" They can't use her image or likeness on the show after she left the show. Which is why you see no photos of Prue or her face anywhere even on the wall in Forever Charmed. If they had used her image or she had been in the finale, they would have first, Gotten her permission to use her picture... and paid her her full salary for the episode... which first i'm guessing she would not want back on Charmed, since she wouldn't even have a doll made out of her... and two the Producers didn't have the money... they couldnt even keep Leo on the whole time... and the crew even offered up some of their salaries to keep the show going. So I dont think they would bring a former star back and blow the money they didnt have.

So there we go, Prue was left out for a reason. Doherty was left out of the show for the same reason she was not on the reunion of the original 90210. She wouldn't agree with the money, so they cut her out.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:20 pm
damn  

zakura626

Kax Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:55 am
she is such a b***h  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:13 pm
No matter what, I'm still a fan of Shannon Doherty. However, it is nice to know the full story, and I thank you for your well detailed explanation.  

elf_star

6,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50

Ross Mohan

Blessed Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:21 pm
Oh she was good in 90210 and the Jay and Silent bob movies... and Prue was an amazing witch. She's a good actress when she wants to be.

Its merely the explanation of why she wasn't on or seen on the show after she left. Any image or Shannen would means she'd be paid for her image. And she didn't want to be seen on the show anymore... and they didnt have the money to pay her. So she was left out.

It's sad and its not all her fault... thats Hollywood show business... its a business centered around contracts and money... and sometimes that all gets in the way of making a show perfect.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:46 am
I never liked her, not in 90210 and not in Charmed but I figured the reason why she left was the same reason for 90210 was because of all the stories remain the same, that she's selfish!  

smileontheedge

Numai Outcast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:45 am
pretty much.... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:39 am
I don't know... I've never really liked Prue. She always seemed to harsh or distant for me to rally relate to her.  

DeverauxRaider

Charmed 4Life

Dapper Dabbler

7,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:08 pm
I still for the most part like Doherty. She's still a good actress and I still wish hat she would've been in the finale. It would've been much better. Piper and Pheobe, (to some extent Leo) would get some sort of closure and Paige could finally meet the famous Prue (I think that would've been a great episode by itself).  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:38 pm
that's good to know...I wondered why they never showed her in the end....  

super_smex

Business Fairy

8,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

supremedeath

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:11 pm
Charmed 4Life
I still for the most part like Doherty. She's still a good actress and I still wish hat she would've been in the finale. It would've been much better. Piper and Pheobe, (to some extent Leo) would get some sort of closure and Paige could finally meet the famous Prue (I think that would've been a great episode by itself).

that is a good point.... about the last part with paige i mean  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:55 pm
i luff Prue but i hate her  

I v e n t o r y

DarkAquaMoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:09 pm
well that all makes sence now... I was wondering why she never showed up even in the end.... not to mention it was always confusing how the mother and grandmother could come back as ghosts for like everything, yet prue couldn't....  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:09 am
Thanks for letting us know. It is great to have the full story. But I still love Shannen Doherty! She is my role model and I don't think anything can make me hate her! She is amazing and I think that she should have stayed on the show because she was the best one on there!  

paramoreluv_24

750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Informer 100
Charmed Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items